European Monthly Charts November 2023 | PS5 #1 +376% YOY, Switch #2 -35% YOY and Xbox series S/X #3 -26% YOY

Ludwig

9 Feb 2023

European GSD November 2023 Top 10 (Digital + Physical)​

PositionTitle
1Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision Blizzard)
2EA Sports FC 24 (EA)
3Hogwarts Legacy (Warner Bros)
4Super Mario Bros Wonder (Nintendo)*
5Spider-Man 2 (Sony)
6Grand Theft Auto 5 (Rockstar)
7Assassin's Creed Mirage (Ubisoft)
8Mario Kart 8: Deluxe (Nintendo)*
9Red Dead Redemption 2 (Rockstar)
10Football Manager 2024 (Sega)

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
Honestly I believe it's time to discontinue the Xbox, Fire Phil Spencer and arrest Bill Gates

That's very kind of you, I was going to say that they should be tied to a post and shot with a canon.

• haha
Reactions: Diah

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
Sans_titre.png

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
LOL at all the people trying to make PS5's US numbers look bad eating crow now. If Playstation had make a non cloud $199 portable they would certainly be eating the Switch 2's lunch as well.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
LOL at all the people trying to make PS5's US numbers look bad eating crow now. If Playstation had make a non cloud $199 portable they would certainly be eating the Switch 2's lunch as well.
After the Vita ended up being a total fiasco, not fucking likely that another Sony handheld would be a strong seller.

People were pointing to what happened to the Vita to write off the Portal, remember?

I love my Vita, even got a replacement one last year for the one I had that my dog killed, but don’t pretend that the situation would not be the same, with developers deciding they couldn’t split their resources between modern console and high-powered portable development, leading to sales of the hardware falling off a cliff post-launch.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I haven't seen this positive effect that Xbox is supposed to have on Playstation and the rest of the market.
Nobody EVER has. It’s total bullshit.

The only positive MS having a console has for the rest of the industry is to be an example of how NOT to approach console gaming.

Aside from the 360, they’ve never been truly competitive with PlayStation, and even then Sony just sticking to their way of doing things eventually won out globally.

We don’t need market equity to consider there to be competition. The segmentation of Sony competing with Nintendo with very different products is far more important than Xbox being a Bizarro World PlayStation and trying to ape what Sony does while shoehorning in Microsoft sleaze.