"Evangelism is war" is still alive at MS. Phil Spencer refers to xCloud as a platform hardcore Xbox fans should "evangelize".

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
And you thought xbots were bad…

ChubbyBothAsiansmallclawedotter-size_restricted.gif

KingOfTheDead

Banned
3 Jul 2023
These people are doing their thing and enjoying whatever this is supposed to be. I don't see Nintendo fans getting excited for years because Nintendo buys or attempt to buy some studio or publisher.... They get excited for games and what goes around them.
thats because Nintendo doesn't really buy 3rd party publishers. ABK is a massive publisher. Xbox getting them is massive

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
These people are doing their thing and enjoying whatever this is supposed to be. I don't see Nintendo fans getting excited for years because Nintendo buys or attempt to buy some studio or publisher.... They get excited for games and what goes around them.
I agree with you. But this “thing” is still weird lol.

2 Jul 2023
Yeah, I think the biggest difference between Nintendo fanboys, the ones who accept anything the company does, and the rest is that they won't bother you by telling you how amazing the company is, they'll spend their time saying that among themselves.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yeah, I think the biggest difference between Nintendo fanboys, the ones who accept anything the company does, and the rest is that they won't bother you by telling you how amazing the company is, they'll spend their time saying that among themselves.
And actually buying and enjoying Nintendo software. Some of us may hate some of Nintendo's gaming philosophies especially around hardware but their fans just don't talk, they also buy and enjoy.

Last edited:

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I still can't believe it was exposed how MS views its "customers" and people are still behaving the same way. Mass revolt would have been the proper response. What we have seen is the opposite effect.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Jaffe speaking on one specific evangelist called lord cognito taking pics with execs.

Got a few folks rattled, of course taking a picture with an exec isn't by itself a bad thing, but that is not the case for these dudes. As we all know it goes deeper.

Last edited:

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I still can't believe it was exposed how MS views its "customers" and people are still behaving the same way. Mass revolt would have been the proper response. What we have seen is the opposite effect.
Many of them are paid shills, they are not about to change, unless Sony starts paying them.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly
OP
OP
KnittedKnight

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
There is definitely disgust out there. A lot of people just won't tell, specially if they feel used and abused mentally so it's shameful to admit publicly but they'll work it out in their brain and distance themselves. The unapologetic crazy diehards have crossed all rubicons there are to cross - there is nowhere to go for them except to double down. The influencers and media plants who have vested interests have all crossed those moral and ethical lines long ago for their own self-interests - they know the game, they play the appearances game and continue on.

Very healthy for the industry to have all of MS dirty laundry out and about. Much better than having it hidden. Trust and believe.

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
There is definitely disgust out there. A lot of people just won't tell, specially if they feel used and abused mentally so it's shameful to admit publicly but they'll work it out in their brain and distance themselves. The unapologetic crazy diehards have crossed all rubicons there are to cross - there is nowhere to go for them except to double down. The influencers and media plants who have vested interests have all crossed those moral and ethical lines long ago for their own self-interests - they know the game, they play the appearances game and continue on.

Very healthy for the industry to have all of MS dirty laundry out and about. Much better than having it hidden. Trust and believe.
Most people will just double down when faced with pretty much any opportunity to break out of it.

The usual Xbox fan gets more loyal the more MS abuses them.