"Evangelism is war" is still alive at MS. Phil Spencer refers to xCloud as a platform hardcore Xbox fans should "evangelize".

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I thought that belonged here, reminds me of xbox:
180806.roi_.jpg

and this one:
230206.n.cfo_.jpg

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
Adamsapple is my boss he’s a cool guy but won’t give me a pay raise. Hey boss if you’re reading this I need that pay raise I’m not being paid enough to shitpost on the internet. Can I be given the nod by those peculiar white cloaked cultists that go into your room every now and then?

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Have you seen the way Phil and his talk about gaming and manipulating their clients? V.s. how Sony talks about respecting their gamers and providing uncompromised content to them? This how they both are when they don't have the PR written for them, xbox is just manipulative, Sony has more of a "build it and they will come" attitude (I suppose Nintendo is the same), if you can't make the difference you may fall prey to all sort of manipulative people.

The worst thing is all those youtubers who keep on telling us how Phil is "a true gamer" and truly genuine, these guys got seriously manipulated or compensated.
Nintendo actually has an insidious, McDonald’s inspired “Get them when they’re 3 years old and you’ll have them for life” philosophy of directly targeting young children with their product focus and marketing. It’s a form of brainwashing and is really rather disturbing.

The US Senate hearing on video game violence in the early 1990s revealed a lot of this in Howard Lincoln’s testimony and press interviews at the time.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Nintendo actually has an insidious, McDonald’s inspired “Get them when they’re 3 years old and you’ll have them for life” philosophy of directly targeting young children with their product focus and marketing. It’s a form of brainwashing and is really rather disturbing.

The US Senate hearing on video game violence in the early 1990s revealed a lot of this in Howard Lincoln’s testimony and press interviews at the time.
As a victim of this I can tell that despite me not liking any of their games enough to finish them after the SNES. I bought all their systems, with a couple of games, all the way to the Wii (never got a Wii U nor a switch).

All that for nostalgia. Like I noticed when I gave a spin to the Pokemon game on Switch, they still have the same static dialogue based in game tutorial since Super Mario Wold! Annoying text boxes after text boxes to explain everything. Thankfully back then carts were small, so they had to limit themselves.

• sad
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
Anyone catch the Mike Rose drama? Apparently he attacked content creators for not playing his new shitty game and then had to apologize. Some shit about how they're all paid and dont disclose it and he doesn't want to pay them

Here's his apology after being destroyed on twitter

Here are a couple screenshots of what he said

I just found it ironic coming from with how much he shills for Microsoft and game pass constantly, like all the time and even attacks other platforms on behalf of Microsoft.

Here he is not 3 days ago astroturfing for MS

and who looked so happened to show up in the replies

Talk about being paid to endorse shit

• thisistheway
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Anyone catch the Mike Rose drama? Apparently he attacked content creators for not playing his new shitty game and then had to apologize. Some shit about how they're all paid and dont disclose it and he doesn't want to pay them

I just found it ironic coming from with how much he shills for Microsoft and game pass constantly, like all the time and even attacks other platforms on behalf of Microsoft.

No PS release = bomba

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty
OP
OP
KnittedKnight

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022

PlayStation Plus release missing. Gamepass release mentioned. No need for irony here, you can answer it all right then and there as to why the MS shilling. He got that MS Gamepass check. He who pays the bills.... (Phil Spencer)

I do think it's indeed ironic in this sense. He's not comfortable with the relationship paying Youtubers for exposure may entail (false grassroot advertisement) but happy to take that MS Gamepass check for his game and not surprisingly sing the praises to lord Microsoft. Quid pro quo...

Hoes for Benjamins. Selective moral outrage, invisible ethical lines all wrapped into one. Clown just too cheap to pay Youtubers.... how dare they demand payment for positive coverage and marketing and not do it for free?. Youtubers have smarten up - they're the new media now. Just like in times of old you had to pay to gaming sites for ads etc.... well, youtubers are that now. You pony up or you don't get shit, except maybe from a bargain bin youtuber starting a channel who needs the content.... but chances are that youtuber is not gonna waste his time streaming a fucking indie and instead spending his time talking about games with mindshare cause that's where the viewership is, and where youtuber careers take off. Since the individual in question is also looking for audience reach, he's not gonna be interested a loser upstart youtuber with a low audience.

Fucking business, so dirty, you almost have to love how cutthroat, and self-interest driven it's. In sum, just a little bitch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eggman

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
PlayStation Plus release missing. Gamepass release mentioned. No need for irony here, you can answer it all right then and there as to why the MS shilling. He got that MS Gamepass check. He who pays the bills.... (Phil Spencer)
Even metacritics has a "gamepass" entry in its games menu, it's listed alongside the consoles and PC.

If this is the way they want to go, why not add PS+ and Nintendo's thing.

These people are complete garbage.