"Evangelism is war" is still alive at MS. Phil Spencer refers to xCloud as a platform hardcore Xbox fans should "evangelize".

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Most people will just double down when faced with pretty much any opportunity to break out of it.

The usual Xbox fan gets more loyal the more MS abuses them.
Unfortunately you are right, it's hard for humans to admit to themselves that they have been tricked.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nhomnhom
OP
OP
KnittedKnight

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Most people will just double down when faced with pretty much any opportunity to break out of it.

The usual Xbox fan gets more loyal the more MS abuses them.
If that were true they wouldn't be bleeding millions of gamers and their console sales cratering this early. I don't agree with that generalization. I think as usual, a minority barks loudest, but even some of them try to just keep appearances with full understanding and start to hedge if not having done so already. Jimmy boy and Hermen is no peaches either but they pale in comparison to Phil and crew, for sure. It's systemic for MS.

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
If that were true they wouldn't be bleeding millions of gamers and their console sales cratering this early. I don't agree with that generalization. I think as usual, a minority barks loudest, but even some of them try to just keep appearances will full understanding and start to hedge if not having done so already. Jimmy boy and Hermen is no peaches either but they pale in comparison to Phil and crew, for sure. It's systemic for MS.
They are not bleeding millions of gamers they are sort of maintaining the status quo for now or doing worse than the Xbox One but not by much.

Given how inferior the Xbox One and Series consoles are they actually perform surprisingly well in terms of sales.

OP
OP
KnittedKnight

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
They are not bleeding millions of gamers they are sort of maintaining the status quo for now or doing worse than the Xbox One but not by much.

Given how inferior the Xbox One and Series consoles are they actually perform surprisingly well in terms of sales.
A lot of the early wave had to do with COVID and chip shortages that did not help Sony at all but definitely helped MS for the first 2 years. It's the "you can't sell what you don't have" problem for Sony for the first two years or so. If you take that out of the equation you can see that Xbox trend is negative - below Xbox One, and could have been infinitely much worse. MS is indeed trying to just maintain the status quo but it's not working. Sony isn't pounding as they should either but that is another topic. Although credit to Jim and crew; they had a great launch designed for the kill. Obviously the missing piece to that was stock availability - and that was a huge one.

For knowledgeable folks like us, the products are simply not interchangeable in terms of value, quality etc... not close. So it's "surprising" to see Xbox do relatively OK all things considered - mediocrity and bare minimum being rewarded - but it does have its explanation. Not all casuals wait for months for a PS5 if they can get a Series relatively easy - Xbox marketing and media plants do the rest. PS5 stock availability goes up, Xbox YoY % sales trends start to go down - and by no insignificant amount either. Coincidence? I think not. PS sales YoY % trending upward in prime year 3 vs. Xbox Series YoY % sales trending negative - clear cut correlation. What has changed as opposed to Year 1/2? Stock availability for PS5.

21 mill Series, and on its prime years (aka Year 3, current, and 4) already trending negative. It's gonna be a miracle for it to hit 58 mill (Xbox One) if it keeps trending negatively like this and sales do not stabilize. And we know Microsoft's instinct in these situations is to do firesales every season of the year to get those numbers up - they did it for Xbox One. A lot of the success in that strategy for MS will have to do with Sony's own efforts - content wise, marketing wise, pricing wise as well. Availability should not be an issue going forward for Sony - at least it shouldn't be in the competitive markets (US, CAN, UK). The Switch is also taking no prisoners at this late stage in its lifecycle which puts even more competitive downward pressure on MS.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Just look at what happened to under the killing sun xbot user on era, these people have mental problems(like kobrille) and ms are taking advantage of that

PlacidusaX

Veteran
24 Oct 2022
Not interested in the cloud or Gamepiss.
They had me doing XBL Gold but they took it away so no Xbox services for me.

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
Anyone else see this garbage shill article from Jez Cordon?

He claims the reason for queue times is because so many people are just clamouring to use XCloud while he provides no actual data to back it up or that he even had some insider knowledge to back it up.

He is literally just making it up because there are queue times. He even admits to not really using the service. He just says that queue times = high demand which is nonsense.

He is just spinning a negative to make it seem like Microsoft can't keep up with demand because it's so popular

PSNow has always had queue times, must have been because the service was so popular right?

And he even finishes it off by suggesting the only reason PS5 has such a massive lead is because Microsoft used so many Xbox's for Xcloud instead.

OP
OP
KnittedKnight

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
One of the most notorious and reliable career co-dependant shill MS Xbox has. Shilling rap sheet is long, another one to the list.

Last edited:

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
Anyone else see this garbage shill article from Jez Cordon?

He claims the reason for queue times is because so many people are just clamouring to use XCloud while he provides no actual data to back it up or that he even had some insider knowledge to back it up.

He is literally just making it up because there are queue times. He even admits to not really using the service. He just says that queue times = high demand which is nonsense.

He is just spinning a negative to make it seem like Microsoft can't keep up with demand because it's so popular

PSNow has always had queue times, must have been because the service was so popular right?

And he even finishes it off by suggesting the only reason PS5 has such a massive lead is because Microsoft used so many Xbox's for Xcloud instead.
Noted Microsoft fanboy Jez Corden, owner of Microsoft fan site Windows Central, is spinning things in favor of Microsoft?

I am shook.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom

I wonder how many games Phil Spencer has blocked from PlayStation.

That should've been in their court case I know it's only an indie but it proves they have the capability of counter offering Sony on deals that they shouldn't even be privvy to & when they payed more they made it exclusive (not for long but still took it away for a few months) hate seeing that smug cunts face needs punching