Exclusive: New Sony Game IP Leak (SciFi RPG game through XDev)

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
This is either a super early prototype, a PS2 game or a student project.

What is XDev?
The PS Studios global team in charge of 2nd party publishing and outsourcing support for internal 1st party projects. The name comes from "external development", which is what they manage and overview.

Isn't Xdev who usually works as support studio for PS Studios? Like Valkiery was?
XDev manages external teams like Valkyrie, Sumo Digital, Deviation and now Kojima Production, Team Ninja, etc.

Originally XDEV was an internal team of Studio Liverpool that handled the European 2nd party game until it branched out to become a separate office. Santa Monia also handled 2nd party publishing of the 2nd party games from USA until that team also branched out to become a separate office, the branch of XDEV for the Americas. The 2nd party Japanese games were handled by Japan Studio until they branched out in the restructuring of the studio to grow and became a separate office, the XDEV branch for the Asian (not only Japanese) 2nd party games.

Now XDEV is a separate global team that doesn't report to any local Sony internal development teams, who can focus on developing their own games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Swift_Star
G

GhostBolt

Basically it's SIE's external and publishing part of PS

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
shiet-angry.gif

There is always more where this came from....forsho....

I 👀 Bryank

Looks aight for a proto build. Arrowheads Title gotta be almost prime for seasoning by now.

• party
Reactions: Bryank75

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Very nice!
Unreal engine is a bit of a shame. I prefer when Sony is using their own engines but it’s fine

G

GhostBolt

This speaks to me that none of us know what XDev is working on and how big they will get this generation.

Reactions: Bryank75

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
I'm intrigued by this. As it is early development I'll give it a pass on visuals (only a troll or a Walter Mitty would trash early development visuals). Had I not heard more I would have thought it was Cory's Sci-Fi rumour. If it is XDev and 3rd party, I'd love to know who the developer is (as long as it's not Bloober Team 😂😂😂). Another polished Mass Effect type game would be awesome, the remastered trilogy wetted the genre appetite again for me after Andromeda 😂

Great get @Bryank75
Dusk Golem backing up your leak really helps. Had you no other verification, I'm sure people would bury it and when it reappeared then claim it's a first look of the game.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I'm intrigued, but I doubt we will hear officially about it anytime soon.

It's funny people laughing off the graphics, when it's stated that it's a very early build and it's clearly low res.

Even more fun when the people laughing have a Halo profile pic or are waiting for Starfield.

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022

It's funny people laughing off the graphics, when it's stated that it's a very early build and it's clearly low res.

Even more fun when the people laughing have a Halo profile pic or are waiting for Starfield.
Imagine being hyped for something that doesnt look much better but is supposed to come out early this year

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Well you can’t be sure it’ll improve that much but have to give them benefit of doubt. I mean, devs don’t really want consumers to see games this early to begin with. Players can’t help but be nasty about. I mean that GTA leak looked like shit too.

OP
OP
John Elden Ring

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Good stuff gents. Some thoughts: Being unreal engine 5 means this must have been made in the last couple of years, so I doubt this game will come out in the next year, maybe two. Second, is this from some sort of pitch or early stages of a vertical slice? IDK why you'd add stuff like screen shake effects to this kind of demo.

Early stages of developent it seems, when the game gets released it's probably going to look like this but considerably better.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

graphics on par with final game - Crackdown 3. and this isn't even alpha build.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I don't think we can estimate when this is coming out, unless we know the date the video was recorded. If this is recent, then this game is years away. If this is a couple of years old, then the game will probably be "closer" to release, if development is on schedule.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Looks like it could be a gears of war sci fi game. I wonder if it’s single player ?
I'm still pissed that for as great as it was, Binary Domain wasn't a 4 player Gears style coop campaign game for multiplatform, iterating on gameplay with successive sequels. BulletStorm too, actually. I think both would have been better served genre-shifted.