Exclusive: New Sony Game IP Leak (SciFi RPG game through XDev)

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022
Do you guys see an eye like looking thing in the background which I presumed as a portal? Looks prototype build on par with leaked Mass Effect Andromeda prototypes, so don't judge it based on graphics...

Reactions: TubzGaming

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Okay then it should be treated the same if someone talked about an upcoming acquisition?
Because last time I got scolded for talking about it without naming my source. What does the rules of Icon generally say to this matter?
Maybe some of the staff care to explain please?

Reactions: Bryank75

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
Okay then it should be treated the same if someone talked about an upcoming acquisition?
Because last time I got scolded for talking about it without naming my source. What does the rules of Icon generally say to this matter?
If you or anyone on this board have a leak, please contact the moderation team or @Bryank75 privately, so all parties concerned are guaranteed protection of their privacy.

I thought this was common knowledge?

BloodMod

Fear the Old Blood
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
If you or anyone on this board have a leak, please contact the moderation team or @Bryank75 privately, so all parties concerned are guaranteed protection of their privacy.

I thought this was common knowledge?
Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Thank you. Hope it's more clear to everyone.

Kyoji

22 Jun 2022
Housemarque? although i dont know why xdev would be involved if that were the case, either way consider me interested!

Housemarque used unreal 4 on last game, and 3-4 years sound about right for next big project since returnal. I know im wrong but still ..

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Looks like a restera poster in the PlayStation op made a pretty could case that the developer could be people can fly. They made a gears of war game and outriders most recently. Looks and sounds about right based off that tiny clip.

Epic is the owner of people can fly who Sony owns a small percentage of as well so I think it’s all starting to add up and make sense.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
If XDEV is involved then it’s either a new ip owned by SIE or at least permanently exclusive (in terms of console releases) to PS5 I think. Because there would be no way Sony helping to involved to develop a game which would get later on ported to other consoles.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Looks like a restera poster in the PlayStation op made a pretty could case that the developer could be people can fly. They made a gears of war game and outriders most recently. Looks and sounds about right based off that tiny clip.

Epic is the owner of people can fly who Sony owns a small percentage of as well so I think it’s all starting to add up and make sense.

It’s possible. That Outriders expansion didn’t do too well and they’re probably sour with their experience dealing with square and the bad gamespass deal. So that IP is probably dead.

I could see Sony coming as a partner with a proven track record of success for their next project.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

Just DM me! I will always respond to genuine questions etc.

Reactions: Eternal_Wings

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I thought they went back to being independent and that's why Square published Outriders instead of Epic. The experience wasn't that good. They went back to Epic?
@Remember_Spinal posted this somewhere else...

oie_nxRII9NYqfMa.jpg

image0.png

So it could definitely be 'People Can Fly' making this.
@Angie post it originally on Era or is that the same user lol

• Informative
Reactions: PropellerEar

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I'm still pissed that for as great as it was, Binary Domain wasn't a 4 player Gears style coop campaign game for multiplatform, iterating on gameplay with successive sequels. BulletStorm too, actually. I think both would have been better served genre-shifted.

Finally!!

Dude Binary Domain is great. It needed a sequel for sure. So good.

Reactions: peter42O
P

peter42O

Pretty sure People Can Fly is an independent game development studio now as they were previously owned by Epic for a few years, last being 2015. If this is People Can Fly, my guess would be that this is the Take Two Interactive game as they dropped them two months ago.