Fanboys and the Daft things they say.

Three

24 Jun 2022
I am kind of with you on the insider work at Acti because for years Mike tried to get Xbox to back the money truck up and pay whatever it took to get COD an Xbox exclusive. Then he started pushing to get COD as a Gamepass game and it seems none of that worked then all of a sudden he works there and MS buys them?

Will Smith Reaction GIF
Anybody remember Stephen Elop?
Moved from MS to Nokia, sunk it to the ground then MS bought Nokia.

Three

24 Jun 2022
Unless I missed it, it should have the sources for who said what ridiculous thing. IE: Cult eastwood or rdx podcast whatever.
I know the "PS5 will struggle in third party open world games" is attributed to Chris Grannell in the RDX podcast with timdog and eastwood. The "ex-sony-dev" who appeared out of nowhere on the runup to console launch then disappeared into obscurity again when they launched. He can be attributed to most of the silly quotes. He even said stuff about no raytracing and hearing about staggering differences between the consoles.

The guy was getting 3 threads on the same subject on neogaf and web articles quoting him.

There was this other "dev" doing the rounds too that had an account on neogaf but I don't recall what his name was. I know that he used "Blur" as possibly a game he worked on in some capacity and maybe in his avatar/username but then distanced himself from the game by not mentioning it anymore and started using his real name in interviews. He created his own blog site saying how PS5 is weak and Xbox will crush it. He was full of this type of nonsense quotes too. He was always an XB1 defender even prior but during next gen launch some articles started quoting this random guy. Anybody remember the name? I remember I got in to a lot of back and forths with the guy on neogaf.

Edit: the other guy was Gavin Stevens "Team Blur Games". O'dium on neogaf

Last edited:

Gamerguy84

22 Jun 2022
Nice list @Sircaw

One thing I enjoy as much as gaming is talking about gaming. Right after the WIRED interview a few years ago I noticed a massive shift on the internet, the whole internet. I would say that takes a lot of money.

There was no DRM or "we have a console for you" moments either. Rather a fabricated speculative list of reasons Sircaw threw out.

Sony had launch games for PS5 and those were discredited as PS3 ports and side content (MM). MS were universally praised for BC lol.

Three

24 Jun 2022
Nice list @Sircaw

One thing I enjoy as much as gaming is talking about gaming. Right after the WIRED interview a few years ago I noticed a massive shift on the internet, the whole internet. I would say that takes a lot of money.

There was no DRM or "we have a console for you" moments either. Rather a fabricated speculative list of reasons Sircaw threw out.

Sony had launch games for PS5 and those were discredited as PS3 ports and side content (MM). MS were universally praised for BC lol.
There were some really dumb shit being thrown out there because there was nothing to be outraged about but people were trying to create something. I mean wtf was this about?

Hobbygaming

27 Jun 2022
We are almost 2 years in this new gen and the Series consoles have shown nothing worthwhile over the PS5 so far. Xbox fans expected something completely different from the start (XSX would destroy PS5 from launch).

PS5: "lower" specced, but overall more balanced console that performs the same or even better then the XSX.
There's crazies that still believe that the multiplatform stuff won't look and play the same for the whole generation

Jason Schreier told us before launch that the hardware is on the same level of power with each having little advantages in different areas

Hobbygaming

27 Jun 2022
I know the "PS5 will struggle in third party open world games" is attributed to Chris Grannell in the RDX podcast with timdog and eastwood. The "ex-sony-dev" who appeared out of nowhere on the runup to console launch then disappeared into obscurity again when they launched. He can be attributed to most of the silly quotes. He even said stuff about no raytracing and hearing about staggering differences between the consoles.

The guy was getting 3 threads on the same subject on neogaf and web articles quoting him.

There was this other "dev" doing the rounds too that had an account on neogaf but I don't recall what his name was. I know that he used "Blur" as possibly a game he worked on in some capacity and maybe in his avatar/username but then distanced himself from the game by not mentioning it anymore and started using his real name in interviews. He created his own blog site saying how PS5 is weak and Xbox will crush it. He was full of this type of nonsense quotes too. He was always an XB1 defender even prior but during next gen launch some articles started quoting this random guy. Anybody remember the name? I remember I got in to a lot of back and forths with the guy on neogaf.

Edit: the other guy was Gavin Stevens "Team Blur Games". O'dium on neogaf
Yup Chris Grannell hasn't worked for Sony in over a decade

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
There were some really dumb shit being thrown out there because there was nothing to be outraged about but people were trying to create something. I mean wtf was this about?

Everything this guy says is some backhanded fanboy-ism, he’s another one along with destin legarie and tom warren. Even when they express some kind of excitement about playstation you can almost see how much it pains them to have to do it for optics. I just randomly looked at his feed and i see this….

There are some weird people on twitter, its like no one cares if you prefer one console over another. A few other people do this weird shit where they say something they know will rile people up or start console wars and then act like everyones attacking them for no reason.

Then they go on to act outraged about 10 dollar upgrade lol

Like yeah, thank god xbox fans aren’t acting immature and bitter like us playstation fans do :ROFLMAO: 🙄