Final Fantasy 16 won’t get past 80’s in Metacritic Reviews ( Shills wont allow it)

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I see alot of people saying FF16 could be game of the year. For me, Im super excited, my most anticipated game of the year. I love Zelda and Spiderman but FF16 looks like my perfect FF.

But Im gonna say this now, reviewers are gonna give it alot of hate and it won’t get past 80’s in the reviews let alone GOTY.

Just ook at every game since TLOU2 thats been a PS exclusive. They all got hate, negativity and downplayed By certain reviewers. Returnal, Horizon 2, GT7, TLOU Remake etc etc

The only ones that survived the storms was:
God of War Ragnarok (They just couldn't deny the greatness)
Demon Souls (A classic)
and Deathloop… We all know why they rated Deathloop so high, because it was now an Xbox studio game.

The FF fanbase is already split because of the battle system and some say it doesnt look like FF. Even it looks more like FF then 7,8,10,13,15 etc.

This will get reviews all over the place. It looks amazing, it looks like they have finally done everything right. Combat, Classic FF setting, Yoshida directing, graphics look awesome. But Im just saying it now, don’t expect it to be loved by all and reviewers.

I will be pleasantly surprised if it scores 90+ or even 88+

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I see alot of people saying FF16 could be game of the year. For me, Im super excited, my most anticipated game of the year. I love Zelda and Spiderman but FF16 looks like my perfect FF.

But Im gonna say this now, reviewers are gonna give it alot of hate and it won’t get past 80’s in the reviews let alone GOTY.

Just ook at every game since TLOU2 thats been a PS exclusive. They all got hate, negativity and downplayed By certain reviewers. Returnal, Horizon 2, GT7, TLOU Remake etc etc

The only ones that survived the storms was:
God of War Ragnarok (They just couldn't deny the greatness)
Demon Souls (A classic)
and Deathloop… We all know why they rated Deathloop so high, because it was now an Xbox studio game.

The FF fanbase is already split because of the battle system and some say it doesnt look like FF. Even it looks more like FF then 7,8,10,13,15 etc.

This will get reviews all over the place. It looks amazing, it looks like they have finally done everything right. Combat, Classic FF setting, Yoshida directing, graphics look awesome. But Im just saying it now, don’t expect it to be loved by all and reviewers.

I will be pleasantly surprised if it scores 90+ or even 88+
called it now, it will be better than Slideshow game and will get over 90+ easily and fanbase will love it.
media on other hand will choose Slideshow for GOTY.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: The Icon
OP
OP
Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
called it now, it will be better than Slideshow game and will get over 90+ easily and fanbase will love it.
media on other hand will choose Slideshow for GOTY.
I hope your right but the shills need to even things out after Redfall. I really cant wait to play it next month.

Ive been away for 3 months. Still have RE4 to play, gonna leave TOTK off for awhile. Will Probably play be playing RE4 and SF6 until FF16 comes.

By Slideshow game do you mean Bethesda’s next talking Sim Starfield?

Reactions: Kyoji

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
By Slideshow game do you mean Bethesda’s next talking Sim Starfield?
The same slideshow as 2017 one.
glorious 2002 game at 20fps
20230512_064947.jpg

D

Deleted member 417

These dorks who want turn based really need to move on, this isn't the 1980s anymore we are in 2023
There's loads of excellent fast paced action games. Where are the TBC games nowadays?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Johnic

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I said Hogwarts wouldn't break 80 for the same reason and was wrong. I think FF could get to 90 but it will be a slog, getting to 90 is for anything that isn't Fromsoft or Zelda.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
The same slideshow as 2017 one.
glorious 2002 game at 20fps
20230512_064947.jpg
If you think that Zelda looks like a 2002 game you have no idea what 2002 games looked like. Fog after 50 feet, character models made up of shapes stacked together, rocks that look like giant gum drops.

About the only thing really dated in that ss is the repeating texture in the water, which also shows up occasionally on mountains in the game.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ethomaz

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I appreciate that Zelda is a bit sharper this time around at least. Barely … but eh it’s something.

It’s the switch… it’s substandard for the home setting.

Do I think the game is beautiful? Yes. I think art direction and general craft goes a long way. This team is clearly incredibly talented with engineering what they could get out of switch’s garbage hardware.

A game is a sum of its parts. I don’t like returning to playing games at 30fps one bit. Even worse if the image clarity is also terrible. Some times performance issues can be pretty damnin’ for a game. This is definitely not the case here…

The collective reee’ing I’m seeing on Twitter from crazed Xbox fans is wondering why Zelda has such a high Metacritic at 30fps when Redfall gets hammered for it?

Redfall didn’t get hammered only because of 30fps. If the game was actually good players would’ve gotten over it when the game got in their hands. However what happened with Redfall is that when players did eventually get their hands on it… they end up having them covered in shit.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
It will if it's good enough

Mature story will be right up Western reviewers alley

Yoshi P has the credibility built up which always adds a few points

Franchise revitalisations always add a few points

• thisistheway
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
There's loads of excellent fast paced action games. Where are the TBC games nowadays?
Yakuza(oh my), Dragon Quest, Persona..
Yakuza got SO MUCH BETTER because of the TBC. It allowed for party members, which made the experience better since loners are boring. The class system is extremely fun, even if basic! Also, Ichiban is miles better than Kiryu.
Anyone that likes TBC SHOULD play Like a Dragon, it's easily on of the best games in the series gameplay, story and side questswise.

• Informative
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
There are definitely 2 specific reasons SOME reviewers won't let it hit mid to high 90's and will lowball it...

One is because they want Zelda Tiktok to win GOTY

Two is because of the political narrative, which I will not get into here... but we all know the articles that already popped up online.

Then there are some secondary reasons, such as;

Media being against PS getting 3rd party exclusives.

Media wanting to pull PlayStation down from it's industry position, instead of allowing fair competition based on output / quality / actual demand.

VillaiN

10 Feb 2023
It might get 90 i think. What they showed looked amazing (i ddidnt care about ff so far). Sure there ll be troll reviews, nintendodrones and xbots but it ll hold solid score. Tiktok has reviews where its already proclaimed goty in may and best game ever. Bunch of middle aged geeks and virgins with memories when they played mario and zelda as a kids will not allow it. Just saw on twiter launch of tiktok and my God, grown man losing mind about video game, swinging with sword, singing songs....

93+ s out of question for ff16 imo.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
If you think that Zelda looks like a 2002 game you have no idea what 2002 games looked like. Fog after 50 feet, character models made up of shapes stacked together, rocks that look like giant gum drops.

About the only thing really dated in that ss is the repeating texture in the water, which also shows up occasionally on mountains in the game.

Metal gear solid 2 is from 2001 and disagrees with all of this.