Final Fantasy 16 won’t get past 80’s in Metacritic Reviews ( Shills wont allow it)

OP
OP
Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I said Hogwarts wouldn't break 80 for the same reason and was wrong. I think FF could get to 90 but it will be a slog, getting to 90 is for anything that isn't Fromsoft or Zelda.
Or Rockstar

Reactions: Zzero
OP
OP
Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Cry more. The game being good is app that matters.

Well I don’t want it being judged wrong because its a PS exclusive or because its not traditional combat. Thats all Im saying, no crying here lol

OP
OP
Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
FFXIV exceeded 90 twice in the past few years. I think they can do that again in single player
Theres alot riding on this one and its a mainline FF that is PS exclusive. That hasnt happened since FF12

OP
OP
Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I appreciate that Zelda is a bit sharper this time around at least. Barely … but eh it’s something.

It’s the switch… it’s substandard for the home setting.

Do I think the game is beautiful? Yes. I think art direction and general craft goes a long way. This team is clearly incredibly talented with engineering what they could get out of switch’s garbage hardware.

A game is a sum of its parts. I don’t like returning to playing games at 30fps one bit. Even worse if the image clarity is also terrible. Some times performance issues can be pretty damnin’ for a game. This is definitely not the case here…

The collective reee’ing I’m seeing on Twitter from crazed Xbox fans is wondering why Zelda has such a high Metacritic at 30fps when Redfall gets hammered for it?

Redfall didn’t get hammered only because of 30fps. If the game was actually good players would’ve gotten over it when the game got in their hands. However what happened with Redfall is that when players did eventually get their hands on it… they end up having them covered in shit.
This isn’t the Zelda thread :)

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Theres alot riding on this one and its a mainline FF that is PS exclusive. That hasnt happened since FF12
FFVII Remake was exclusive to PS4. Got a 87 score on Metacritic.

What I think usually gets in the way of Final Fantasy is expectations. I played FFXV recently without expecting anything and I left very satisfied despite it's flaws and to be fair, it got an 80+ score on Metacritic despite a very troubled launch.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I appreciate that Zelda is a bit sharper this time around at least. Barely … but eh it’s something.

It’s the switch… it’s substandard for the home setting.
The same slideshow as 2017 one.
glorious 2002 game at 20fps
20230512_064947.jpg
I mean, the devs are limited by the hardware. You can't expect miracles on a tablet. You have to look past the graphics and just enjoy the game like we used to.

The only thing that bothers me about BOTW is the hazy look, it's like there's a white filter over everything. I can't play handheld because I don't see shit (unless I'm in a pitch black room).

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
People getting mad with Zelda praise to this extent is pathetic, these people should have find some self respect.

OP
OP
Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
FFVII Remake was exclusive to PS4. Got a 87 score on Metacritic.

What I think usually gets in the way of Final Fantasy is expectations. I played FFXV recently without expecting anything and I left very satisfied despite it's flaws and to be fair, it got an 80+ score on Metacritic despite a very troubled launch.

Exactly, not a 90. FF7 is probably the most beloved JRPG of all time too

OP
OP
Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
People getting mad with Zelda praise to this extent is pathetic, these people should have find some self respect.

This thread has nothing to do with Zelda. I love Zelda and glad it got a high score...
Im talking about FF16 and people thinking it will in the run for game of the year, which is why I said I doubt it will make 90

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
This thread has nothing to do with Zelda. I love Zelda and glad it got a high score...
Im talking about FF16 and people thinking it will in the run for game of the year, which is why I said I doubt it will make 90
After the Zelda score were out, it very unlikely that any other game will be in the run of GoTY.

I think FFXVI is going to be more about sales than anything, it has the best shot in a long time for a main Final Fantasy game to make it big. If does about as well as FFVII Remake then is will have been a huge success.

There is something special about the Final Fantasy IP and more inviting combat would go a long way into attracting more people.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
There are definitely 2 specific reasons SOME reviewers won't let it hit mid to high 90's and will lowball it...

One is because they want Zelda Tiktok to win GOTY

Two is because of the political narrative, which I will not get into here... but we all know the articles that already popped up online.

Then there are some secondary reasons, such as;

Media being against PS getting 3rd party exclusives.

Media wanting to pull PlayStation down from it's industry position, instead of allowing fair competition based on output / quality / actual demand.
the political narrative is very niche, Bryank, people don't care about that, honestly.
I think it has a good chance of getting high 80s/low 90s.
Regardless, totk will be the goty.

Reactions: Bryank75

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
i think there's going to be a lot of disappointed zelda fans when FFXVI gets the W

P

peter42O

Pre-ordered the standard edition yesterday from GameStop while trading in Jedi Survivor. Looking forward to it and rating wise, im expecting mid to high 80's on Open Critic. 85-88 is my prediction.

24 Jun 2022
I've been said to stop taking MetaCritic as the end-all-be-all, just like how I've said to stop taking the TGA's GOTY as the definitive GOTY award. These things only have power because people foolishly keep giving it to them despite complaining about all the problems they have. They're only as attention-worthy as what you give them.

Metacritic can be useful to gauge a game's potential quality and while anything in the score bracket of a RedFall most likely is actual trash, a lot of the games that get in the 90s (especially upper 90s) have inflated review scores. It's gaming politics. There are plenty of games in the '80s or even high '70s I would easily choose over Breath of the Wild, Elden Ring, Tears of the Kingdom, RDR2, TLOU2 etc. I'm not saying those are bad games: they're great games. But a game being great and a game being to my personal tastes can be two different things.

It's the same with GOTY; people act like only the TGA's GOTY matters, when there are many other GOTY awards from other bodies. It doesn't have to come down to Geoff's show. Maybe if some of the other bodies televised their award shows and got trailers for upcoming games squeezed in them, and got celebrities to flaunt on camera, maybe gamers would pay attention to them as well.

What does a game's Metacritic score have to do with it being in the running for GOTY? Why do people arbitrarily limit what can be GOTY based on who has the highest Metacritic?

Putting the fate of which game's GOTY in a system that's heavily flawed and can be exploited/gamed by critics with little to no oversight or accountability is one of the dumbest things I've seen in this industry or among gamers who just accept that wholesale without ever stopping to think "why".

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
What does a game's Metacritic score have to do with it being in the running for GOTY? Why do people arbitrarily limit what can be GOTY based on who has the highest Metacritic?
Really?

If its a big game, and it has an extremely high metacritic score, then that means that everybody liked it, and liked it alot, making it an instant contender for GotY (of which, contrary to what you claim, the TGA award is the definitive one and one of only a few that matter.)

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
idc if it rates a 70, i'll play the shit out of it. FF7 Remake didn't get the best metacritic either and that was my goty 2020.

MScarpa

28 Jul 2022
I see alot of people saying FF16 could be game of the year. For me, Im super excited, my most anticipated game of the year. I love Zelda and Spiderman but FF16 looks like my perfect FF.

But Im gonna say this now, reviewers are gonna give it alot of hate and it won’t get past 80’s in the reviews let alone GOTY.

Just ook at every game since TLOU2 thats been a PS exclusive. They all got hate, negativity and downplayed By certain reviewers. Returnal, Horizon 2, GT7, TLOU Remake etc etc

The only ones that survived the storms was:
God of War Ragnarok (They just couldn't deny the greatness)
Demon Souls (A classic)
and Deathloop… We all know why they rated Deathloop so high, because it was now an Xbox studio game.

The FF fanbase is already split because of the battle system and some say it doesnt look like FF. Even it looks more like FF then 7,8,10,13,15 etc.

This will get reviews all over the place. It looks amazing, it looks like they have finally done everything right. Combat, Classic FF setting, Yoshida directing, graphics look awesome. But Im just saying it now, don’t expect it to be loved by all and reviewers.

I will be pleasantly surprised if it scores 90+ or even 88+
If you enjoy the game, why do you care what it's rated?!

D

Deleted member 223

Both Zelda and Final Fantasy are a tad overrated. But Yes, console war politics extend to the media as well. It's natural as long as humans are involved. It's also very well known Sony doesn't spread the love as it used to the media, very robotic these days and these fuckers love to feel special. Combine those two and you'll notice the spread is not favorable.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Aren't dragon quest and persona 2d Japanese anime?
Dragon Quest is a game franchise that has an anime made due the popularity of the game (it is way bigger than Final Fantasy in Japan to the point that it can only be released in holidays to not affect the business in the country).

Persona is a spin-off of the gaming franchise Megami Tensei… but f there is any anime it was created after the games.

• Informative
Reactions: Deleted member 417