Final Fantasy 16 won’t get past 80’s in Metacritic Reviews ( Shills wont allow it)

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
What does a game's Metacritic score have to do with it being in the running for GOTY? Why do people arbitrarily limit what can be GOTY based on who has the highest Metacritic?

Putting the fate of which game's GOTY in a system that's heavily flawed and can be exploited/gamed by critics with little to no oversight or accountability is one of the dumbest things I've seen in this industry or among gamers who just accept that wholesale without ever stopping to think "why".
While I understand what you are saying I doubt it won’t get even more GOTY awards than BotW.

Maybe even 300 awards this time.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I'm feeling a solid 90+. Had FFXV released complete and with all DLCs it would have easily scored a 85+ like we saw with the PC edition and FFXV was a game that had plenty of controversial design decisions.

FFXVI seems to appeal to a broader audience and does not seem like it will suffer from many of the problems FFXV had. The game has gone gold two months ago, will release on a single platform with Sony support, so I expect it to be in a very good state at launch.

I think it all comes down to how good the gameplay will be because pretty much everything else, music, visuals, story, setting, characters, it all already looks excellent.

24 Jun 2022
Really?

If its a big game, and it has an extremely high metacritic score, then that means that everybody liked it, and liked it alot, making it an instant contender for GotY (of which, contrary to what you claim, the TGA award is the definitive one and one of only a few that matter.)

No. It means most all of the reviewers liked it, since their review scores are the only ones used for weighing the official MC score. Some people who buy the game will not end up enjoying it, but chances are you will not hear them express that for a while if ever.

And no, the TGA award is not the definitive one; you and others may only say that because it's the one that has marketing money pumped behind it, a face attached to it (Geoff), and throws out game trailers which bump up the view counts. As can see, none of the reasons you or others would claim its GOTY is the "definitive" one have to do with the actual merit of their voting & review process, which is the only thing that should matter when making such a statement.

Dragon Quest is a game franchise that has an anime made due the popularity of the game (it is way bigger than Final Fantasy in Japan to the point that it can only be released in holidays to not affect the business in the country).

Persona is a spin-off of the gaming franchise Megami Tensei… but f there is any anime it was created after the games.

I know DQ was more popular than FF for the first several installments, but is that actually still the case today? What were the sales of the last mainline DQ game in Japan?

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
No. It means most all of the reviewers liked it, since their review scores are the only ones used for weighing the official MC score. Some people who buy the game will not end up enjoying it, but chances are you will not hear them express that for a while if ever.

And no, the TGA award is not the definitive one; you and others may only say that because it's the one that has marketing money pumped behind it, a face attached to it (Geoff), and throws out game trailers which bump up the view counts. As can see, none of the reasons you or others would claim its GOTY is the "definitive" one have to do with the actual merit of their voting & review process, which is the only thing that should matter when making such a statement.

I know DQ was more popular than FF for the first several installments, but is that actually still the case today? What were the sales of the last mainline DQ game in Japan?
TGA has the fact that it has history (compared to other contenders anyway), world-wide reach and voting membership, no publisher (as in magazine or website publisher) ties and a larger audience than the others. Its like saying that the Oscars don't actually decide what the Best Picture in a year is. Yeah, everyone gets to decide that for themselves. But as far as what people mean when they say "Best Picture" for any given year, its the Oscars.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
In Japan yes.

DQXI sold over 3.2m in Japan.
FFXV barely crossed 1m (all versions combined).

Even if you consider only DQXI on PS4 it still sold over 1.4m.

The opposite is true in western when DQXI sold like 1 million (before Switch version) and FFXV sold over 6 millions.

OP
OP
Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
If you enjoy the game, why do you care what it's rated?!

1.)Because it shouldn’t get badly rated because a bunch of Shills try to kill the hype.

2.)Some studios budgets are killed, or expanded because of the score

3.)If it scores higher, that means more people will be interested = more sales. = Same team can make anther Final Fantasty.

4.) I loved sleeping dogs but it scored 80. If it scored 88--90 it would of got more sales. The team wouldnt have died, there would be a sequel.

5.) If it scores like FF15, it will be considered a failure. If its a better game, it should score more.

• brain
Reactions: anonpuffs
OP
OP
Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I'm feeling a solid 90+. Had FFXV released complete and with all DLCs it would have easily scored a 85+ like we saw with the PC edition and FFXV was a game that had plenty of controversial design decisions.

FFXVI seems to appeal to a broader audience and does not seem like it will suffer from many of the problems FFXV had. The game has gone gold two months ago, will release on a single platform with Sony support, so I expect it to be in a very good state at launch.

I think it all comes down to how good the gameplay will be because pretty much everything else, music, visuals, story, setting, characters, it all already looks excellent.

I agree but like I said, this will treated harder because its a PS exclusive

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Yakuza got SO MUCH BETTER because of the TBC. It allowed for party members, which made the experience better since loners are boring. The class system is extremely fun, even if basic! Also, Ichiban is miles better than Kiryu.
Anyone that likes TBC SHOULD play Like a Dragon, it's easily on of the best games in the series gameplay, story and side questswise.

I strongly disagree with this, I love the combat in Lost Judgement a lot more they have really perfected rhe beat em up system over the years. TBC gets old very quick, it gets too boring imo.

Persona 5 is just terrible, attack their weaknesses, they flip over and you do an All Out Attack
Rinse and repeat

Dragon Quest, don't even get me started on that franchise

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
persona 5 combat sucks, it's only "good" because the art and music direction is god tier. I admit when I first started playing the game I was bamboozled by the flashiness and style, but after 100 hours you just want to skip battle

OP
OP
Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
persona 5 combat sucks, it's only "good" because the art and music direction is god tier. I admit when I first started playing the game I was bamboozled by the flashiness and style, but after 100 hours you just want to skip battle

I mean if it kept you in for a 100 hours its done its job lol

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
play station has more shills. so, its gonna be fine.

if HFW had an 80+ (when is a 70 at its best) FFXVI has a big opportunity to reach 90s.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
play station has more shills. so, its gonna be fine.
Where are they? They only have 1 PS podcast (that Collin guy) and he's always harsh and negative. Hoeg Law is on his show that says it all.

I don't know anyone else with a big following on the PS side. I can name 10 on Xbox and I don't watch any. They're everywhere.

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
These dorks who want turn based really need to move on, this isn't the 1980s anymore we are in 2023
Turn-based gameplay can still be awesome, man. Dragon Quest XI was a great game that used it. Yakuza 7 too.

Dunno why everyone acts like it's gotta be all one way or the other.

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
Where are they? They only have 1 PS podcast (that Collin guy) and he's always harsh and negative. Hoeg Law is on his show that says it all.

I don't know anyone else with a big following on the PS side. I can name 10 on Xbox and I don't watch any. They're everywhere.
I mean, WUPS is pretty great.

MScarpa

28 Jul 2022
1.)Because it shouldn’t get badly rated because a bunch of Shills try to kill the hype.

2.)Some studios budgets are killed, or expanded because of the score

3.)If it scores higher, that means more people will be interested = more sales. = Same team can make anther Final Fantasty.

4.) I loved sleeping dogs but it scored 80. If it scored 88--90 it would of got more sales. The team wouldnt have died, there would be a sequel.

5.) If it scores like FF15, it will be considered a failure. If its a better game, it should score more.
Good "Scores" doesn't equate to sales, you do know that right?!

• haha
Reactions: Kokoloko
OP
OP
Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Good "Scores" doesn't equate to sales, you do know that right?!
Yes. I never said it does. But a higher scoring Final Fantasy 16 will sell better than a lower scoring Final Fantasy 16.
Sales was just one of my 5 points

• haha
Reactions: MScarpa