Final Fantasy Rebirth has GOTY stink all over it

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
The demo was incredible. I've pre-ordered it anyway but i feel more secure.

When it said after playing the demo you can skip the demo section when you play the full game. I was like that's cute...no. I'm replaying it again. I can't wait for the second part of the demo to open up.

Regarding FFVII: Remake, it's SE remaking the story and not just signifying the remake of the game itself. Are we still having their difficulties understanding it? We are hyped in this game as we don't know if the big death can be changed, if we had a faithful remake we wouldn't really be as hyped. SE needs a hook for a multi part story release and I don't think they'd have the same sales with stating here is the game, yeah no major changes, it just looks nice now.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
it is reimagine version of FF7, it is REMADE, not remaked.

By definition remake includes making something again differently. Just look at the definition of the word.

Remake as this definition was used when game is basically the same, just updated and upgraded graphics with some small quality of life improvements
That would be another type of remake yes

Nym

21 Jun 2022
Do you think Back from the future 2 to be a remake?

are you out of your mind? It's a sequel which is in this case a direct continuation of the story which preceded it.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
are you out of your mind? It's a sequel which is in this case a direct continuation of the story which preceded it.
Yes, and the most popular fan theory is FF7 remake is actually a sequel/time-loop of the OG, which is why all the differences in the story are the way they are.

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
After watching the State of Play lastnight, I felt like what they showed blew my expectations away in every respect and looking across the internet, it seems I am far from alone.

Zack Fair Point GIF by Xbox

With Jez Corden, Famiboards and almost every honest commentator admitting it looks phenomenal.

Let me know how you felt about it, have you played the demo? And what have you seen in your social circles across the net?

Do you think it will be in the GOTY conversation?
Yes, you're right. YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT 🤣. PS5 finally has "it" game, the huge 200 hours AAA Japanese game everyone dreaming of, the huge Exclusive that will define the PS5 for the rest of the gen, the huge Exclusive everyone can boasts off, and the game that will make proud to say "yeah, I'm Playstation-only player" 🔥🔥🔥.

Last edited:
  • fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
And it must be fate, that FFVII Rebirth in the week of eksbotz funeral, once again, will finally deliver the final blow to ekbotz to end the console wars 🔥 🔥 🔥 .

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
It’s so much improved coming from remake, is not even funny to compare.
it is Nomura's daily smoking scrapwriting
It’s not, since he wanted to make it more faithful to the original.
But give me anime nonsense over boring seriousness all the time.
Western storytelling is boring and played out.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Yes, and the most popular fan theory is FF7 remake is actually a sequel/time-loop of the OG, which is why all the differences in the story are the way they are.
It is not a fan theory... it is told you at the game.

There is a 3rd Sephiroth (well you know the original game has 2 Sephiroths, no?)... the one that keeps trying to make Cloud change his actions/path... this is the lifestream Sephiroth from the future.
There is a 2nd Aerith... the one that keeps giving hinting to Aerith about what should happens.... this is the lifestream Aerith from the future... a very weak one because she was losing his powers due the constant fighting to keep Sephiroth caged in the lifestream.
The whisperers are tools created by time/destiny to try to force the actions/paths to stay unchanged.

The first game Remake... the 3rd Sephiroth archived it goal to remake the past, freeing them from the whisperers tools (I don't know if they will be back in Rebirth) using Cloud and friends.

And the produces already said the trilogy is linked to Advent Children movie and canon.

Last edited:

Nym

21 Jun 2022
Exactly like Final Fantasy VII Remake.

It is a back from the future change of events.

At the very least, at this point in time, they have made the FF7 story again with differences, which falls under the definition of remake

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
It is not a fan theory... it is told you at the game.

There is a 3rd Sephiroth (well you know the original game has 2 Sephiroths, no?)... the one that keeps trying to make Cloud change his actions/path... this is the lifestream Sephiroth from the future.
There is a 2nd Aerith... the one that keeps giving hinting to Aerith about what should happens.... this is the lifestream Aerith from the future... a very weak one because she was losing his powers due the constant fighting to keep Sephiroth caged in the lifestream.
The whisperers are tools created by time/destiny to try to force the actions/paths to stay unchanged.

The first game Remake... the 3rd Sephiroth archived it goal to remake the past, freeing them from the whisperers tools (I don't know if they will be back in Rebirth) using Cloud and friends.

And the produces already said the trilogy is linked to Advent Children movie and canon.
It's possible that the game isn't a sequel but a reinterpretation of the original where aerith and sephiroth are aware of past/future/alternate timelines due to what happens in the compilation and ff7 remake is not a sequel but an amalgamation of all the bits of things they tried to do across the entire ff7 compilation up til now, in a single story.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It's possible that the game isn't a sequel but a reinterpretation of the original where aerith and sephiroth are aware of past/future/alternate timelines due to what happens in the compilation and ff7 remake is not a sequel but an amalgamation of all the bits of things they tried to do across the entire ff7 compilation up til now, in a single story.
But that makes the new Sephiroth and Aerith something off imo.
They should had done that without these new characters.

Plus the games titles should not make sense in how they explained.
Remake is about the story being remake by the wishes of Seph.
Rebirth we will see.

But most of the questions will be explained with Rebirth I believe.
Square Enix played the fool (to get the players in surprise at the end of Remake) about it being a remake... and I think they did right because revealing it was not a remake at all but an alternative timeline changed due future interference should break a bit the immersion.
Now they are not playing that role anymore because now players already finished Remake.
Rebirth will be a lot more open about that.

I remember fighting the last boss and when Aerith receive the flashes from herself in the future and she things that they should fight the whisperers to save the world lol she got the wrong message... her future wanted here to not fight the whisperers trying to fix, to put, the past events in order to not create an alternative timeline.

It was a crazy feeling... and I loved it.
Because you as player knows that but the her in the actual time not... so she thought fighting the whisperers could lead to not having the Black Meteor correctly but she didn't get the Black Meteor needs to exists to save the world.
Without the Black Meteor the Sephiroth will at the end destroy the world.

While I believe the FFVI has the best cast, villain and world build for a single game.
The FFVII new trilogy is adding so much to the story that it could be the best and most rich story in the game RPG ever created.

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
But that makes the new Sephiroth and Aerith something off imo.
They should had done that without these new characters.

Plus the games titles should not make sense in how they explained.
Remake is about the story being remake by the wishes of Seph.
Rebirth we will see.

But most of the questions will be explained with Rebirth I believe.
Square Enix played the fool (to get the players in surprise at the end of Remake) about it being a remake... and I think they did right because revealing it was not a remake at all but an alternative timeline changed due future interference should break a bit the immersion.
Now they are not playing that role anymore because now players already finished Remake.
We will see, i think they have surprises in store for us

Reactions: ethomaz

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
You clearly are by asking this, after saying everything you did prior to asking it in the thread.

Final Fantasy VII Remake is exactly like this. The use of the term "remake" in this instance is a clever double entendre.

Nym

21 Jun 2022
You clearly are by asking this, after saying everything you did prior to asking it in the thread.

Final Fantasy VII Remake is exactly like this. The use of the term "remake" in this instance is a clever double entendre.

The use of the word remake is apt because it's the story of Final Fantasy 7 again, with differences. Show me your citation for the definition of remake and I'll show you mine.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
What is the solution they are using for reconstruction in the performance mode? I didn't like how it made the image blurry, what is stopping them from using the latest FSR version?

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
What is the solution they are using for reconstruction in the performance mode? I didn't like how it made the image blurry, what is stopping them from using the latest FSR version?
Honestly idk it looks 1080p or lower at points in perf mode. Idc though

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Honestly idk it looks 1080p or lower at points in perf mode. Idc though
I play a lot of PC games at 1080p, 1080p look much less blurry than that.

The blurriness seems to be introduced by some sort of poor upscalling. It's also not the typical blurriness you get from TAA that usually doesn't bother me.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I have a 1080p monitor a 1080p look much less blurry than that, that blurriness seems to be introduced by some sort of poor upscalling. It's also not the typical blurriness you get from TAA that usually doesn't bother me.
Oh i think there's some texture loading issues. I'm talking about the aliasing on a 4k TV

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Oh i think there's some texture loading issues. I'm talking about the aliasing on a 4k TV
It's not texture resolution I'm talking about, just overall blurriness in everything. I'll have another look later on, I played FFXVI and the low resolution never bothered me.