Final Fantasy Rebirth has GOTY stink all over it

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
It's not texture resolution I'm talking about, just overall blurriness in everything. I'll have another look later on, I played FFXVI and the low resolution never bothered me.
Really? I hated the low res in FFXVI because it was exceptionally grainy

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Really? I hated the low res in FFXVI because it was exceptionally grainy
I played the entire game without it ever bothering me but on 30fps mode it would instantly feel choppy.

This on also feels choppy at 30fps but it easier to get used than the overall blurriness, I hope they improve it before release or right after. I'll finally be getting a OLED/VRR TV next month and I would much prefer to be able to enjoy performance mode.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I played the entire game without it ever bothering me but on 30fps mode it would instantly feel choppy.

This on also feels choppy at 30fps but it easier to get used than the overall blurriness, I hope they improve it before release or right after. I'll finally be getting a OLED/VRR TV next month and I would much prefer to be able to enjoy performance mode.
Oh don't get me wrong I still played in performance mode. But it was just an okay experience technically.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
8CeAf1j.png

I was right, something else it's making the image blurry, it's not the resolution.

Devs are so dumb sometimes, how is it that nobody noticed it?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
8CeAf1j.png

I was right, something else it's making the image blurry, it's not the resolution.

Devs are so dumb sometimes, how is it that nobody noticed it?
To be fair the IQ they showed for performance mode in the Stage of Play is near unplayable to me.
But that is me... I take blur as worst than aliasing... maybe I'm getting old and my view is not the same anymore but sharper IQ is what I enjoy most.

I wonder if with that level of blur the menus and text are readable from 2 meters of TV.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
To be fair the IQ they showed for performance mode in the Stage of Play is near unplayable to me.
But that is me... I take blur as worst than aliasing... maybe I'm getting old and my view is not the same anymore but sharper IQ is what I enjoy most.

I wonder if with that level of blur the menus and text are readable from 2 meters of TV.
I think this is good news. The blur seems to be added by their upscalling solution but the image itself has a very decent 1440p resolution, should be fixable if they are paying attention, what they seem to be doing right now is worse than not doing anything with the 1440p image.

UI is probably rendered at 4K but I didn't pay attention to it, what looked blurry to me was everything else.