Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth | Review Thread & |OT|

What Scores do you think Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth will get?

• 60-69%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 70-79%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • 86-89%

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • 95-97%

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • 98-100%

Votes: 3 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
In-depth review (5k words) from my staff colleague with lots of screenshots (9/10): https://www.pcmrace.com/2024/02/22/ps5-final-fantasy-vii-rebirth-review/

FINAL-FANTASY-VII-REBIRTH_20240214113215.jpg
God damn.

Sweating James Mcavoy GIF

Mild Conviction

13 Jan 2023
LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

A couple reviews mention not liking the ending/how convoluted the story gets and I've already spotted some people running away with that with concern, but those are the exact same things some people (like less than 10% of all players, I'd bet) didn't like about Remake too. As someone who loved Remake's story changes, that sounds like exactly what I signed up for.

• fire
Reactions: Kokoloko

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022

A couple reviews mention not liking the ending/how convoluted the story gets and I've already spotted some people running away with that with concern, but those are the exact same things some people (like less than 10% of all players, I'd bet) didn't like about Remake too. As someone who loved Remake's story changes, that sounds like exactly what I signed up for.
I didn't like part 1s changes but it wasn't big enough to ruin the experience

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Seeing this type of sentiment from a couple reviews, probably related to the ending going off the rails or something.
Rebirth is sure to be a more divisive and debated game than Remake was.

They swinging hard on that I imagine. Might pay off, might not.
One thing for sure, FF content creators are going do 5 hour podcasts about the game and ending, you can feel the debating coming. I will be sitting with popcorn once I'm done with the game.

Reactions: Mild Conviction

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

Most people didn't realize this is not a REMAKE but a SEQUEL of FFVII franchise.
It is a battle between who changes the past more to try to change the future events.

There is no way to have the same story if the point of the games are entities trying to change the what happened in the past 🤷‍♂️ .

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
He can want it all he wants, Xbox players won't buy it and SE won't accept it on Gamepass anytime soon and will charge a fortune for it.

It's 2024 and they still don't have the FFVII Remake.

Look at Persone 3 Reload, awesome game, day one on Gamepass yet you look at Xbox players and they don't even bother with it. SE would be extremely stupid to copy Sega.
I will say. Sony was stupid for only getting 3 months timed exclusivity out of this.

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
cannot wait to see some of the reactions to the ending

its already leaked but still lmao

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I wonder how the image looks on performance mode if you just force 1080p instead. Their upscalling solution seems like it's still trash.

Rock solid 60fps tho.