Final Fantasy XIV possibly coming to Xbox Series S|X. Phil on stage in Japan |UP| Updated rumors.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Sony seems to think they should, that is why they are pivoting to GaaS/PC.

Did you even look at the graphs you posted?

It clearly shows that investment in Single player games will increase too.

Even though they are pivoting more towards GaaS.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ethomaz

Thunderstorm__

31 May 2023
It’s so obvious Sony is acquiring someone, the job listings clearly point to this conclusion, and it is also not some small studios because of “inorganic” wording in the description. But of course there are people in denial thinking Sony will just do nothing because they still have not received news that about Sony’s retaliation, business does not work according to your hypeland fantasy. Sony also now knows MS’s intention, it’s pretty hilarious you guys mention this spending out of business again and again, acting like this is the knowledge that is only exclusive to the public.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Did you even look at the graphs you posted?

It clearly shows that investment in Single player games will increase too.

Even though they are pivoting more towards GaaS.
Actually look at it again and you'll notice that from 2019 to 2025 it will barely increase, won't even make up for inflation or rising development costs.

Who do you think are going to be making those GaaS games?

Investment on GaaS 2 years from now will be bigger than investment on traditional games is now.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Actually look at it again and you'll notice that from 2019 to 2025 it will barely increase, won't even make up for inflation or rising development costs.

Who do you think are going to be making those GaaS games?

Its increasing.

NOT decreasing is it?

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Its increasing.

NOT decreasing is it?
Slightly increasing over a period of 5 years, not enought to compensate for the rising costs of developing those games. We'll be getting less single player games than ever, guaranteed.

It’s so obvious Sony is acquiring someone, the job listings clearly point to this conclusion, and it is also not some small studios because of “inorganic” wording in the description. But of course there are people in denial thinking Sony will just do nothing because they still have not received news that about Sony’s retaliation, business does not work according to your hypeland fantasy. Sony also now knows MS’s intention, it’s pretty hilarious you guys mention this spending out of business again and again, acting like this is the knowledge that is only exclusive to the public.
Well, better than the people here defending that Sony doesn't actually need to do anything or even worse, defending that they should buy some trash publisher like Embracer or Krafton.

Thunderstorm__

31 May 2023
Sony seems to think they should, that is why they are pivoting to GaaS/PC.
Wow they are porting games to PC, they are literally abandoning PS. Sony not matter how retarded they can be, understand that being a platform holder is what makes the brands so strong. You are not as smart as you think you are. Sony can also cut the strategy if it does not work, this PC push is still an experiment. You never thought about this didnt you

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Wow they are porting games to PC, they are literally abandoning PS. Sony not matter how retarded they can be, understand that being a platform holder is what makes the brands so strong. You are not as smart as you think you are. Sony can also cut the strategy if it does not work, this PC push is still an experiment. You never thought about this didnt you
Unless they, like a lot of people, believe that GaaS is the future and that consoles are on their way out. Would you be surprised to find out Jim Ryan believes multiplataform GaaS, mobile and something like cloud games is the answer for the future of PlayStation? His actions sure point to that (except for the cloud part).

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
I swear some of you here jumping fast to Doom & Gloom. This means nothing and FF14 will flop there. It’s not on GP or that lizard Phil Spencer would brag his mouth about it. Every company needs to honour existing contracts, this not something which was negotiated in a year. It’s known for years that Square Enix was working on FF14 version for Xbox. MS will never get Square Enix. Keep in mind Bungie‘s future content and games will hit Xbox. This means nothing. You guys fall for this gloating really easy. Ignore this annoying Xbox fanboys. Jeez…
Didn’t you read that future Square games are coming to Xbox? But I agree with you, this isn’t the end of the world.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
For the people that think quantity doesn't win over quality just look at what happened to the movie/TV business Netflix destroyed the market, produces an ocean of trash but on, the quality only decreases, their offerings getting drastically worse and yet it's somehow winning over every other streaming service.

Uncle Phil brought that Checkbook again. LMAO Phil’s answer to everything is always money.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
His strategy is pretty clear:
- buying/controlling Sony biggest partners to isolate them.
- grow the Xbox like a cancer making PlayStation smaller with money from outside the Xbox division.
- take advantage of Sony conservative approach to the console business.
- bait them into following Xbox into GaaS hellscape and same failed strategies like porting their games to PC.
- push the fight to the cloud where Sony doesn't stand a change buy killing the traditional console business (tanking B2P games and physical game sales, devaluing third party IPs)
Reminds me of what Eric Bischoff did with WCW in the 90’s. (Idk with you’re a wrestling fan to get it) Lol

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Reminds me of what Eric Bischoff did with WCW in the 90’s. (Idk with you’re a wrestling fan to get it) Lol
Sadly I don't know much about wrestling but most of what I described are moves that someone who is willing to simply outlast their competitor and has much more resources would do. Sony counter move would be to also go all in themselves now/soon, we'll see. Right now it just seems like MS values their game business regardless of how shit it is a lot more than Sony value theirs regardless of how successful it is.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Looks like Sony ain't getting neither SE nor CDPR but the same can't be said about MS.

100%. I can't wait for the Valve console to release so I won't have to root for this incompetent PlayStation leadership just so I can have a decent console optiovalve
Looks like Sony ain't getting neither SE nor CDPR but the same can't be said about MS.

100%. I can't wait for the Valve console to release so I won't have to root for this incompetent PlayStation leadership just so I can have a decent console option.
Valve Console? You mean like the Steam Machine that failed? Lol

Thunderstorm__

31 May 2023

100%. I can't wait for the Valve console to release so I won't have to root for this incompetent PlayStation leadership just so I can have a decent console option.
This post clearly shows how pathetic and a crybaby you are. No mom, I will stop being a plastic fan if Sony does not buy publishers I want them to buy. You guys are no more PS fans than some casuals who play only COD or FIFA.

Reactions: Muddasar

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
You mean like Guerilla? Remember ND had no relevant IP before they worked with Sony on crash.
Remember is took 22 years for ND to become what they are now after Sony bought them, about 18 years for Guerrilla.

This post clearly shows how pathetic and a crybaby you are. No mom, I will stop being a plastic fan if Sony does not buy publishers I want them to buy. You guys are no more PS fans than some casuals who play only COD or FIFA.
I'm never said I'm a fan of anything I go where the best games are and the best console is, right now is on PlayStation, I'll be the first to abandon ship once that is not the case, I don't owe Sony any loyalty just like they clearly don't owe me any and only care about pleasing PC/GaaS/mobile players.

Thunderstorm__

31 May 2023
Remember is took 22 years for ND to become what they are now after Sony bought them, about 18 years for Guerrilla.

I'm never said I'm a fan of anything I go where the best games are and the best console is, right now is on PlayStation, I'll be the first to abandon ship once that is not the case, I don't owe Sony any loyalty just like they clearly don't owe me any and only care about pleasing PC/GaaS/mobile players.
And that is why your non sense rumbling about Sony this Sony that has no weights. Good to know.

Reactions: Muddasar

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
And that is why your non sense rambling about Sony this Sony that has no weights. Good to know.
Thank got I'm not a blind fanatic and brand loyalist like you, I just mostly hate Xbox and like Sony AAA single player games that they don't seem to value as much anymore.