Final Fantasy XIV possibly coming to Xbox Series S|X. Phil on stage in Japan |UP| Updated rumors.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Remember is took 22 years for ND to become what they are now after Sony bought them, about 18 years for Guerrilla.

Sony bought ND in 2001 and Uncharted 1 was released in 2007.

Guerrila was bought in 2005 and Killzone 2 was released in 2009.

What a load of nonsense.

Thunderstorm__

31 May 2023
Thank got I'm not a blind fanatic and brand loyalist like you, I just mostly hate Xbox and like Sony AAA single player games that they don't seem to value as much anymore.
I’m a brand loyalist for being reasonable and not a hysterical pretending to be visionary like you? You do know many old fans do not like Sony now because of their “movie games” right? The same point can be made about how Sony does not care about making actual games anymore.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Sony bought ND in 2001 and Uncharted 1 was released in 2007.

Guerrila was bought in 2005 and Killzone 2 was released in 2009.

What a load of nonsense.
So you think the ND of 2007 and Guerrilla of 2009 were the same as they are today? That doesn't even make any sense.

Sony had already been working ND for multiple gens before they even bought them, so it even worse than that.

I’m a brand loyalist for being reasonable and not a hysterical pretending to be visionary like you? You do know many old fans do not like Sony now because of their “movie games” right? The same point can be made about how Sony does not care about making actual games anymore.
Why should I care about what so called fans like? I like what I like and if I'm not the target audience anymore I'll move on to PC and forget about PlayStation if it becomes like Xbox. The so called "movie games" like Uncharted, The Last of Us and God of War are awesome. "Actual games" what a load of bullshit.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Unbelievable 12 sites…for what exactly?
All this fuss just because of an old PS3 game coming to Xbox. Again the contract for a Xbox version of FF14 existed long before this mass consolidation started. Every company needs to honour existing and signed contracts. Or else Microsoft would have cancelled Death Loop and Tokyo Ghostwire for PS5. It’s not that simple to cancel existing contracts and risking to receive legal penalties. And no Microsoft is not getting Square Enix. Sony values Final Fantasy a lot aside GTA and COD. They would never sleep on the opportunity to acquire Square Enix and their treasure drove. Guys this gloating is causing you not to think rational. All this dumb Xbox fanboys are gloating and laughing at you because you fall for this PR Blitz. It’s not doomsday, just sleep over it and forget this dramatically exaggerated nonsense.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
So you think the ND of 2007 and Guerrilla of 2009 were the same as they are today? That doesn't even make any sense.

Sony had already been working ND for multiple gens before they even bought them, so it even worse than that.

You are embarrassing yourself.

Those were their first critically acclaimed games after Sony acquired them.

I’m not even including Jak and Daxter.

It did NOT take ND and Guerrilla games 2 decades to start producing the goods.

You are just waffling for the sake of it.

All cause FF14 is going to Xbox. Grow up.

Thunderstorm__

31 May 2023
Why should I care about what so called fans like? I like what I like and if I'm not the target audience anymore I'll move on to PC and forget about PlayStation if it becomes like Xbox. The so called "movie games" like Uncharted, The Last of Us and God of War are awesome.
cool, so one plastic fucks off, not really a problem for Sony then.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
All this fuss just because of an old PS3 game coming to Xbox. Again the contract for a Xbox version of FF14 existed long before this mass consolidation started. Every company needs to honour existing and signed contracts. Or else Microsoft would have cancelled Death Loop and Tokyo Ghostwire for PS5. It’s not that simple to cancel existing contracts and risking to receive legal penalties. And no Microsoft is not getting Square Enix. Sony values Final Fantasy a lot aside GTA and COD. They would never sleep on the opportunity to acquire Square Enix and their treasure drove. Guys this gloating is causing you not to think rational. All this dumb Xbox fanboys are gloating and laughing at you because you fall for this PR Blitz. It’s not doomsday, just sleep over it and forget this dramatically exaggerated nonsense.

We have one here who is close to a mental breakdown.

Reactions: Eternal_Wings

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
We have one here who is close to a mental breakdown.
Funny how you think that someone predicting that things won't turn out well for Sony is a mental breakdown.

You guys are the ones that can't even accept that someone doesn't have unwavering faith in Sony and Jim Ryan.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022

Feel like I’m in the Twilight Zone.

These threads have more post than the FF16 thread.

• sad
Reactions: Eternal_Wings

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
I wouldn’t be surprised if SIE in general are easing up on money hats because they need to allocate money for acquisitions. I’ve never heard sony talk about M&A strategy before these past couple of years.

So it looks like this is what its come down to.

No need to jump to baseless conclusions.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Games didn't cost 200 million dollars and 5 years to make back then so it was easier to experiment.

Creating a game is risky and funding a new studio and new ip is even more riskier.
Plus those studios hardly even exist at this point to be bought outside of buying entire publishers.

We end up with stuff like Haven, The Initiative, etc.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Japanese company puts their games on Xbox
* Those games don't sell on Xbox
* Japanese company stops putting their games on Xbox
* Several years later, an Xbox exec cuts a deal with the Japanese company to bring their games back to Xbox
* Rinse & Repeat

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
People are really ignoring the “whenever possible” statement and what it really means.

Square Enix is just playing nice PR with MS. They can’t even commit to all games.

Some amazing worrisome new partnership there.

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
People are really ignoring the “whenever possible” statement and what it really means.

Square Enix is just playing nice PR with MS. They can’t even commit to all games.

Some amazing worrisome new partnership there.

Phil literally said

We look foward to building on the relationship that brought FF14 to Xbox and

partnering with Square Enix on future games."

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Phil literally said

We look foward to building on the relationship that brought FF14 to Xbox and

partnering with Square Enix on future games."

Phil Spencer can say and wish for a lot, in the end it doesn’t conclude it will happen so. You all should know that Phil Spencer is a PR and sales man.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Phil Spencer can say and wish for a lot, in the end it doesn’t conclude it will happen so. You all should know that Phil Spencer is a PR and sales man.

He said the same thing about Sega years ago and it happened to the point they were willing to spit on Playstation fans and withhold a freaking next gen patch for 3 - 4 months. We just had persona games revealed at their conference and embargoed.... Wake up.

Square already turned down Xbox offer to purchase them. Best believe Phil and Co. Will be throwing money at then at every given turn... To See Sony's strongest Ally even publicly commit to them, says a lot.

Capcom is next, and the excuses here to defend incompetent leadership will continue. Maybe Shawn Layden should have won the power struggle over Jim (just doing it for a check) Ryan.. he definitely can't be worse than what we are stuck with now.. An absolute coward of a man... The Activision testimony was enough for me to write him off. Weak.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
He said the same thing about Sega years ago and it happened to the point they were willing to spit on Playstation fans and withhold a freaking next gen patch for 3 - 4 months. We just had persona games revealed at heir conference and embargoed.... Wake up.
Atlus is still not allowed to say Persona 3 is coming to Playstation on their channels even in recent videos. Metaphor is still Xbox exclusive according to their channel. Sega is sabotaging their own sales for Microsoft. Even Yakuza is getting MS marketing.

This will be Square next.

I can't even find the trailer on Playstation channel. They all have the Xbox logo.

Last edited: