Final Fantasy XIV possibly coming to Xbox Series S|X. Phil on stage in Japan |UP| Updated rumors.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
That is a pretty big advantage tho, them outspending Sony out of business is a very good plan, specially if PlayStation gets held back by Sony being too scared to back them up to fight MS.

Spider-man will probably be on Xbox by nextgen, all it takes is for them to pay Disney and it's another MLB situation again. You are thinking short term, MS already gave up on this gen long ago, they didn't even had a launch line up for it, MS plan is to outlast Sony while crashing the B2P and traditional console market driving as much people and devs as possible to GaaS and Gamepass.

Given up this gen too?

Next Gen eh?

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Given up this gen too?

Next Gen eh?
It's pretty obvious that MS has already completely given up on this gen. The first 3 years were just putrid, with the lowest possible effort.

Picture MS launching a console in 2027, with a re-brand, with a portable version while owning Xbox Studios + Blizzard + Activision + Sega, with actual games coming this time, with Japanese publishers like SE and Capcom being paid to support it. They already spend about $80B in four years, they are all in.

Thunderstorm__

31 May 2023
That is a pretty big advantage tho, them outspending Sony out of business is a very good plan, specially if PlayStation gets held back by Sony being too scared to back them up to fight MS.

Spider-man will probably be on Xbox by nextgen, all it takes is for them to pay Disney and it's another MLB situation again. You are thinking short term, MS already gave up on this gen long ago, they didn't even had a launch line up for it, MS plan is to outlast Sony while crashing the B2P and traditional console market driving as much people and devs as possible to GaaS and Gamepass.
You are not the only person with vision smartass. People at SIE and Sony as a whole still face fog of war, but they by no means can only look at the short-term benefits. You can stop pretending to be a visionary, it doesn’t make you look like a sage lmao.

• fire
Reactions: Muddasar

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
It's pretty obvious that MS has already completely given up on this gen. The first 3 years were just putrid, with the lowest possible effort.

Picture MS launching a console in 2027, with a portable version while owning Xbox Studios + Blizzard + Activision + Sega.

Yes picture it.

Blizzard hasn’t made a difference.

ABKs biggest markets are PC, Mobile and Playstation with COD still being on PS.

Sega couldn’t save itself yet returning to save Microsoft. With what? Sonic, Yakuza and Persona?

OP
OP
Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Nintendo next gen?

The same Nintendo which won’t release a conventional console cause it will get slapped by Playstation again.
Nintendo relies 100% on their first-party that they make for cheap money to sell their consoles.

If Microsoft continues to grab the biggest franchises and sabotage 3rd-party sales with gamepass deals what do you think will happen?
MS plan is to outlast Sony while crashing the B2P and traditional console market driving as much people and devs as possible to GaaS and Gamepass.
Yeah these old ports seem like no big deal at first but when you keep getting burned by the same publisher, after awhile you just stop buying their games in the release window.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
You are not the only person with vision smartass. People at SIE and Sony as a whole still face fog of war, but they by no means can only look at the short-term benefits. You can stop pretending to be a visionary, it doesn’t make you look like a sage lmao.
Their vision is clearly GaaS and PC, they most likely don't see console as their future.

Yes picture it.

Blizzard hasn’t made a difference.

ABKs biggest markets are PC, Mobile and Playstation with COD still being on PS.

Sega couldn’t save itself yet returning to save Microsoft. With what? Sonic, Yakuza and Persona?
They didn't even acquire Blizzard yet, how could it have made any difference? You think Diablo, Warcraft, StarCraft, Overwatch don't matter? Lmao.

You guys are in complete denial. Sega would allow them to have a Japanese friendly face and finally overcome Xbox biggest handicap they had since they entered the console market.

The Series is not going to sell any more than about 50m units because of the Bethesda or ABK acquisition but their next console easily could.

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
And why is that their vision? Cause you think so? Lmao, you’re just pathetic doomy
Because we saw it in their internal communication and their public statements all make it pretty clear. Why do they cry so much about Japan? Why now? That's them not very subtlety setting the stage for what is coming next (plus we already saw in the emails that they want to go after big Japanese publishers like SE and Sega).

Letting Xbox just hang around as if it is always going to be harmless and easy to deal with is extremely arrogant and naive, just as naive as thinking they'll pull some GaaS and PC hit just when they decided they need it.

Last edited:

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Nintendo relies 100% on their first-party that they make for cheap money to sell their consoles.

If Microsoft continues to grab the biggest franchises and sabotage 3rd-party sales with gamepass deals what do you think will happen?

Yeah these old ports seem like no big deal at first but when you keep getting burned by the same publisher, after awhile you just stop buying their games in the release window.

Nintendo also relies on a innovative:revolutionary consoles to attract casual gamers.

They have had as many successes as failures in doing that.

For every Wii and Switch theres a Wii U, Virtual Boy and Gamecube.

Nintendo better hope that naming their new console the Switch whatever doesn’t repeat the Wii U debacle.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
It's hilarious to see how some Playstation fans still refuses to accept reality. When I said on this forum there's still a chance the Activision deal could go through I got emoji ratio'd in the thread. Now here we are....

Some here got mad at others for rightly being disappointed and angry after the showcase...

Square Publicly pledging to Microsoft isn't a good look. It makes Playstation look pathetic and weak... Sqaure is arguably their closest 3rd party ally and look at what happened today.

Playstation is hamstrung by an idiotic and cheap CEO who hates Gaming... If things don't change soon... They will start slipping

And please let's hope they fired the useless Hack that is Hermen, never have I detested a Playstation public figure until him... Send him and his Guerrilla goons he's installing in Playstation back to Amsterdam.

It's the next year will be the most crucial for Playstation and some delusional folks here can continue to put their heads in the sand all they want... Microsoft is in this to destroy Playstation... Nintendo will side with them to accomplish this lol.

The Switch 2 is coming next year and that's gonna steamroll through Playstation Sales as well...

If a major acquisition isn't made next year... A major shake up needs to happen from top to bottom... If we had someone like Ken Kutaragi in-charge we wouldn't be having these issues with Japanese pubs..

Thunderstorm__

31 May 2023
Because we saw it in their internal communication and their public statements all make it pretty clear. Why do they cry so much about Japan? Why now? That's them not very subtlety setting the stage for what is coming next (plus we already saw in the email that they want to go after big Japanese publishers like SE and Sega).
What is pretty clear? They want to focus more on GaaS, so? OMG it’s the end of the world, just like how Nintendo has many games that are more focused on PvP instead of single player experience like Splatoon, Smash Bros, Mario Kart. And guess what, these games sell like fucking hot cakes. Your hatred for Multiplayer game is your problem, not Sony’s problem. You only became PS fan during the PS4 era too so dont act like you know shit about Playstation as a brand plastic fan. “OMG i’m selling PS because Sony does not buy muh favorite Publishers” kek. MS is targerting Japan publishers, and Sony is doing something we do not know, so what’s your point?

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Nintendo also relies on a innovative:revolutionary consoles to attract casual gamers.

They have had as many successes as failures in doing that.

For every Wii and Switch theres a Wii U, Virtual Boy and Gamecube.

Nintendo better hope that naming their new console the Switch whatever doesn’t repeat the Wii U debacle.
Nintendo has their portable base which is why the Switch is a such a huge success... The Switch successor isn't gonna fail.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nhomnhom

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Sony has already caught the Zeitgeist with the new spider man game, people…
Nobody is talking about FFXIV on Xbox, nobody is talking about Starfield.
Everyone is talking about spider man 2.

Leave them.

Let them cower to the almighty MS marketing lie machine.

By Sunday this will be another non story.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
What is pretty clear? They want to focus more on GaaS, so? OMG it’s the end of the world, just like how Nintendo has many games that are more focused on PvP instead of single player experience like Splatoon, Smash Bros, Mario Kart. And guess what, these games sell like fucking hot cakes. Your hatred for Multiplayer game is your problem, not Sony’s problem. You only became PS fan during the PS4 era too so dont act like you know shit about Playstation as a brand plastic fan. “OMG i’m selling PS because Sony does not buy muh favorite Publishers” kek. MS is targerting Japan publishers, and Sony is doing something we do not know, so what’s your point?
Sony wants to focus more on GaaS? It's literally in their external presentations, they'll soon be investing more on GaaS games than on traditional games by a big margin. You are in denial if you doubt that.

PS5-investment.jpg

Also I don't like Nintendo and don't give a shit about Splatoon, Smash or Mario Kart.

I don't know where you are getting this idea that I only became a PlayStation "fan" since PS4 when I had a PS3 and played a lot of the original PS as well (PS2 was the only gen where I wasn't play on a PlayStation since I played only on PC during that time).

Nintendo has their portable base which is why the Switch is a such a huge success... The Switch successor isn't gonna fail.
The Switch successor is going to be a great opportunity for Nintendo to move further into PlayStation turf since the perceived gap in power will be lower than ever due to third party publishers having to support the Series S and Sony only releasing one or two AAA exclusive games a year.

Thunderstorm__

31 May 2023
Sony wants to focus more on GaaS? It's literally in their external presentations, they'll soon be investing more on GaaS games than on traditional games by a big margin. You are in denial if you doubt that.

PS5-investment.jpg

Also I don't like Nintendo and don't give a shit about Splatoon, Smash or Mario Kart.
You not caring about Splatoon is your fucking problem, not Nin, they sell millions of those games and earn money that can be allocated to single player games development. Why are you so fixated on short-term benefits huh? That’s the plan, it does not mean the plan will be executed smoothly and without any obstacle. They will scale back on those GaaS if they prove more harmful than useful. I’m not in denial about anything, I understand these plans are not to be taken for granted and I also understand Sony is doing something (they just do not give a fuck about communicating to fans), unlike you who are hysterical about a 3rd party publisher giving support to another platform holder. Also, Sony can lobby the gov to block all MS deals in Japan, this is Sony’s homeland, their playground, it’s not gonna be easy for MS to try any acquisition.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
You not caring about Splatoon is your fucking problem, not Nin, they sell millions of those games and earn money that can be allocated to single player games development. Why are you so fixated on short-term benefits huh? That’s the plan, it does not mean the plan will be executed smoothly and without any obstacle. They will scale back on those GaaS if they prove more harmful than useful. I’m not in denial about anything, I understand these plans are not to be taken for granted and I also understand Sony is doing something (they just do not give a fuck about communicating to fans), unlike you who are hysterical about a 3rd party publisher giving support to another platform holder.
And Sony ain't going to be making no Slaptoon, Smash or Mario Kart. They'll be making Fairgame$, Horizon GaaS, Concord and Marathon (aslo for Xbox).

If that is the plan, the plan sucks and will fail miserably, guaranteed. We already are witnessing the develpment troubles with Factions, negativelly afecting Sony most important studio.

24 Jun 2022
You falling for the MS PR FUD too? Damn.

Do y’all play games, or only worry about narratives and fake internet hype announcements from MS?

What does it matter how reserved Sony is compared to the bullshit advertising MS does if the end result is still PlayStation delivering games and Xbox delivering nothing?

How long will Sony keep delivering those games, if 3P publishers are responsible for those games and MS continue to target them for acquisition and potential foreclosure strategies?

I'll even use a very recent example: Baldur's Gate 3. It's been soft-delayed on PS5, timed with the announcement of Microsoft having engineers go in to help Larian get dev up to speed on Series S. I don't think that is a coincidence, and that affects PS gamers who now have to wait longer than originally promised to get the game, because surprise, Larian isn't a massive developer who can just throw optimization support around without that affecting other versions of the game.

Beyond that, this is about PlayStation's long-term. It's true that Sony have no presence (or very little presence) online within enthusiasts gaming spaces and media, particularly here in America. We're in an environment now where access to 3P content cannot be taken for granted, if you're a platform holder like Sony. Every 3P game they lose as an exclusive creates one less differentiation point between their console and Xbox. Meanwhile, Microsoft is intent on purchasing once-3P multiplatform publishers & devs to then make their games exclusive to Xbox console platforms, creating less options for PlayStation owners (and likely down the line, Nintendo owners too).

A lot of the games we've seen up to this point from Sony 1P started development, or were greenlit, under previous PlayStation management. We haven't seen much from Sony's 1P studios or from new 3P exclusives started up under Jim Ryan's watch, partly because it's too soon in most cases. But, we don't have any official proof or showing of most of those games whatsoever, and it's not like the last Showcase was instilling of a lot of confidence.

Again, what good in the mid-to-long term are timed 3P exclusives going to do if many were signed under previous leadership, and even if not, knowing you can just wait a year or whatever in most cases to then pick it up on another platform? What good is getting 3P game access going to do, when your direct competitor owns the supply, distribution, and right to terms of all of that content to leverage it against you in a long-term, methodical play to push you out of the market? What good is having top-billing traditional advertising, if you have little to no presence in the grassroots online enthusiasts space to have more direct input on the narratives and messaging that most gamers like us actually end up discussing?

These are all holes in Sony's strategy of current; it's better to highlight them in hopes the holes are filled, than pretend they don't exist. And then wait to bring them up when it's too late.

Do you think microsofts pushing optics has actually helped them with their gaming division?

If yes. How?

If no. Why would sony follow this failed strategy?

It's not so much about if it's helped with the short-term: we have fiscal results to prove that isn't the case.

But since some of these optics pushes are clearly tied to very real-world moves like buying 3P publishers and situating themselves very closely with certain 3P content providers, then yes, in due time, the optics pushes combined with those will actually help their gaming division. That's not even to mention the additional revenue their gaming division will bring in via these acquisitions.

Some of us are starting to feel like Sony might not be seeing the forest from the trees, and maybe feel the current short-term sales results of PS5 could be blinding them from a future reality where certain key 3P partners can no longer be freely communicated with or engaged in business with, or where certain key 3P content may no longer be on their platform. It's very unlikely Microsoft stop their ambitions with just ABK; they can't do hostile takeovers of non-Western companies so the next best thing is to butter their bread and get them to prefer them over other platform holders. And then make the offer to buy.

Sony don't yet have a 1P content pipeline that can fully or near-fully remove dependency on big 3P content for revenue and profit flow. They don't have a fully robust 1P content pipeline in terms of IP that can be leveraged for evergreen transmedia expansion. They aren't like Nintendo in these aspects, at least not yet. And, I don't think pushing hard in on live-service/GaaS titles or PC ports will be the answer. We're already seeing cracks in both strategies; small cracks, but they're there. Unless Sony make some significant changes to planned allocation of funding for the non-traditional games, expand back out into AA content, bring back some legacy IP in meaningful ways and push for more thematic variety in the 1P output (alongside develop some evergreen, family-friendly/all-ages games IP that can be big transmedia properties too), they're going to run up into dead ends.

These are just my thoughts, but so far I haven't seen a lot of movement to suggest things are going to play out too much differently. If Sony have some big moves under wraps, I'll patiently wait until they reveal themselves and then I'll have some changes of opinion. But that could be a while, at this rate.

Last edited:

Thunderstorm__

31 May 2023
And Sony ain't going to be making no Slaptoon, Smash or Mario Kart. They'll be making Fairgame$, Horizon GaaS, Concord and Marathon (aslo for Xbox).
Here we go, moving the goalpost. And Sony single player games are no Mario or Zelda, should Sony stop making them, lmao.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

PS5-investment.jpg

I don't know where you are getting this idea that I only became a PlayStation "fan" since PS4 when I had a PS3 and played a lot of the original PS as well (PS2 was the only gen where I wasn't play on a PlayStation since I played only on PC during that time).

The Switch successor is going to be a great opportunity for Nintendo to move further into PlayStation turf since the perceived gap in power will be lower than ever due to third party publishers having to support the Series S and Sony only releasing one or two AAA exclusive games a year.

What a load of nonsense.

Nintendo isn’t releasing a Steam deck or Asus Rog Ally.

Those don’t even come close to the base PS5.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
What a load of nonsense.

Nintendo isn’t releasing a Steam deck or Asus Rog Ally.

Those don’t even come close to the base PS5.
We'll see, porting something from the Series S to the next Switch is going to be a lot easier that it currently is to port something from the One/PS4 to Switch, specially with so many games still being crossgen or simply lacking in ambition.