Final Fantasy XIV possibly coming to Xbox Series S|X. Phil on stage in Japan |UP| Updated rumors.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I wonder how much they have paid for the port.
Less than they are going to pay for the ports of FFVII and FFXVI that are sure to come. Congratulations to Sony on doubling down on a strategy that already backfired in the recent past.

MS buys permanent exclusvies trought dev/publisher acquisitions while Sony pays for temporary exclusives from devs that MS will soon acquire.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I wouldn't read too much into this. Remember in 2019 when Square put all those old FF games on GamePass, and Phil was up there with Square execs smiling and happy, and then Square Enix games STILL continued to skip Xbox, even to this day, no Octopath 2, no Second Story R, no Pixel Remaster, etc.

I don't think this means anything except Square taking as much free money as they can get from Xbox while supporting that platform as little as possible.

Reactions: Eternal_Wings

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Then Sony is dumb to not leverage their partnerships, Sony should be making these publishers pick a side.
The publisher wants to make money, not fight wars on behalf on anyone. PS and Nintendo are their largest market, they will continue to make games for those platforms.

When PS comes in with a big fat check and support to develop a game, they will make it exclusive. When MS comes in with a big fat check to port a game to gamepass, they will take it.

When MS comes with a big fat check for 30 billion dollars to buy all its IPs… what are they going to do? (we don’t know)

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
It's tiresome really. People on here love reading Xbox fanboys comments and posting xbox fanboy tweets, and then come crying on here because their feelings got hurt.

If folks can't handle reading random fanboys comments, then how about not actively go looking for them? Sheesh.
I'll never understand why people here actively go looking for that shit.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

Im amazed at how inept sony is at keeping long term partners locked down. May as well let MS buy them too and settle for 10 year deals.

hahahahaha. Sony you had 18 months and whatd you do with it? Garage studios and shut some down.

I mean....

FFXIII and FFXV were on Xbox.

Sony made a good job securing FFVIIR and FFXVI.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
The publisher wants to make money, not fight wars on behalf on anyone. PS and Nintendo are their largest market, they will continue to make games for those platforms.

When PS comes in with a big fat check and support to develop a game, they will make it exclusive. When MS comes in with a big fat check to port a game to gamepass, they will take it.

When MS comes with a big fat check for 30 billion dollars to buy all its IPs… what are they going to do? (we don’t know)
Then Sony strategy of paying for temporary exclusives is just as bad as it looks.

Sony paid for CoD marketing rights for about a decade just for MS to buy ABK. They paid for a bunch of Bethesda exclusives just for MS to buy Bethesda. They helped Sega with marketing for years promoting games like Yakuza and Persona just for Xbox to move in an become their closest partner. Now the same thing is happening with SE.

It's hard not to want this passive and arrogant Sony to fall on their face. All they care about is GaaS and PC ports.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Then Sony strategy of paying for temporary exclusives is just as bad as it looks.

Sony paid for CoD marketing rights for about a decade just for MS to buy ABK. They paid for a bunch of Bethesda exclusives just for MS to buy Bethesda.
I don’t see it as bad. They helped to make the game. They should get something in return. That’s fair.

It works both ways. Of course, I don’t think MS cant help anyone with making a game. They suck at it.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It is becoming a cyrcle already :D

- Xbox bots hates FF is not on Xbox
- Paycheck to bring one FF to Xbox.
- Xbots don't buy FF.
- Square dont release next FF on Xbox.
- Xbots don't buy FF.
- Square dont release next FF on Xbox.
- Xbots don't buy FF.

• haha
Reactions: Umar and JAHGamer

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I don’t see it as bad. They helped to make the game. They should get something in return. That’s fair.

It works both ways. Of course, I don’t think MS cant help anyone with making a game. They suck at it.
Enjoy SE and Sega owned by MS in a few years.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Seems like the acquisition of Bethesda and ABK has given a lot of people PTSD.

Any news of something coming to Xbox = Acquisition.
It's always been like that tbh. Some folks emotion > rational thinking.

Phil actually did mention ff14 was in the works for Xbox a while back. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, yet you will have some people on here melting down.

• Shake
Reactions: Muddasar

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Keep in mind all the Destimy II DLCs and they went to GP before Sony bought Bungie.
It‘s a MMO (GaaS) so you want it on everything possible.
They let Bungie be multi-platform. Destiny III and Marathon (new IP) coming to Xbox.
Online games seem to be Sony's business to be Multi-platform.
The version for Xbox was in development since 2016, at least considering interviews back then. Sony funded and supported technically FF7R and FFXVI. Hence they’re in the credits. Nah FF14 is GaaS, FF7R & FFXVI will not come to Xbox. And just because of 13 years old game (yes was released on PS3) you think MS could buy Square? That’s nonsense, you jump all to fast in doom & gloom mood. I am still convinced that Sony will buy Square Enix now after MS bought Zenimax and likely Activision Blizzard King. Keep in mind every company needs to honour contracts, this is something which was settled more than half a decade ago. This will be the last big title Xbox will get. Elder Scrolls is continuing also coming to PlayStation + new add-ons. Sony will buy Square Enix no matter if a 13 years old Gaas hitting Xbox.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
It's tiresome really. People on here love reading Xbox fanboys comments and posting xbox fanboy tweets, and then come crying on here because their feelings got hurt.

If folks can't handle reading random fanboys comments, then how about not actively go looking for them? Sheesh.

Thats why i left the discord its constant posting of xbox tweets and bitching about them its so fucking weird lol

Its like some weird console war flogging

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I rather PS invest in its own studios. Those will forever be out of reach of MS.
Enjoy Haven, Firewalk, Savage and Nixxes's PC ports then, that's the investment you are getting.

It tell you something: FF14 will fail hard on Xbox, because of these very reasons

Not if it's on Gamepass, when MS pays for ports it's usually to put games on Gamepass.