Final Fantasy XIV possibly coming to Xbox Series S|X. Phil on stage in Japan |UP| Updated rumors.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
We're 5 years into a consolidation war. Releasing games isnt enough anymore. I know that sounds crazy, but thats the reality now.
Wut?
Consolidation war?

Since start there is no war at all.
One company delivery games and got it sales for that.
Other company is stagnated in the time and outside a hardcore Xbox fanbase nobody wants to buy it.

News headlines, aquisitions, 13 years old games already in all platforms, etc doesn't grow a brand.
Releasing great games do.

What exactly changed from Xbox from 10 years ago and today? Nothing... errrr Gamepass :ROFLMAO:

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I swear some of you here jumping fast to Doom & Gloom. This means nothing and FF14 will flop there. It’s not on GP or that lizard Phil Spencer would brag his mouth about it. Every company needs to honour existing contracts, this not something which was negotiated in a year. It’s known for years that Square Enix was working on FF14 version for Xbox. MS will never get Square Enix. Keep in mind Bungie‘s future content and games will hit Xbox. This means nothing. You guys fall for this gloating really easy. Ignore this annoying Xbox fanboys. Jeez…

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Wut?
Consolidation war?

Since start there is no war at all.
One company delivery games and got it sales for that.
Other company is stagnated in the time and outside a hardcore Xbox fanbase nobody wants to buy it.

News headlines, aquisitions, 13 years old games already in all platforms, etc doesn't grow a brand.
Releasing great games do.

What exactly changed from MS from 10 years ago and today? Nothing.
What consolidation war? Youre right, its not a war. Its one company buying the industry and the other passively watching.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
I hope for their sake they make a shooter cause bots can give 2 shits about jrpg or anything SE have to offer.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
What consolidation war? Youre right, its not a war. Its one company buying the industry and the other passively watching.
And? Embracer brought the industry too.

I mean it is not clear?

You can buy the whole industry but if you don't delivery then it is nothing.
Aquisitions doesn't build a brand.
Releasing good games regualary do.

And this "war" is lost already (there is no way to stop PlayStation anymore... even big Xbox fans already realized that and started to spin)... maybe next gen there is another chance.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I swear some of you here jumping fast to Doom & Gloom. This means nothing and FF14 will flop there. It’s not on GP or that lizard Phil Spencer would brag his mouth about it. Every company needs to honour existing contracts, this not something which was negotiated in a year. It’s known for years that Square Enix was working on FF14 version for Xbox. MS will never get Square Enix. Keep in mind Bungie‘s future content and games will hit Xbox. This means nothing. You guys fall for this gloating really easy. Ignore this annoying Xbox fanboys. Jeez…
This forum has gotten really bad about stuff like that.

• sad
Reactions: Eternal_Wings

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Imagine if the news that MS had acquired 7 studios + Bethesda + Activation + Blizzard was delivered on the same day 4 years ago. It's not something that can be played down and you can not think the Xbox of today is what Sony will be going against 5 years from now.

MS being Sega closest partner is already bizarre enough, they are now pretty close to Capcom and Square Enix as well.

Sony ain't got nothing cooking besides partnerships for GaaS games and Chinese vaporware. That is Jim Ryan vision for PlayStation.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Don't be rational. Just grab the popcorn and laugh .

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Xbox already won the Acquisition war. Now it's time for the money hat / IP wars to begin...

Who will win this round?

Will it be Playstation who is now running to China & Korea for exclusives or Xbox who will be Targeting everything PS gamers enjoy? 🤫

• brain
Reactions: Dabaus and Nhomnhom

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
This forum has gotten really bad about stuff like that.
yeah, i agree. we went through this. m$ can't buy shit in japan, just old games and one or two exclusives, it is all they can.
but still, people keep proceeding with doom and gloom.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
They’re reacting as though SE has been acquired or FF17 is Xbox exclusive.
This news shows that Sony ain't buying anyone and all MS moves will go unanswered pretty much guaranteeing that in 10 years PlayStation won be around.

PC it is then, thanks to Jim Ryan, let's just hope stutter is fixed by 2028.

• haha
Reactions: Umar and ethomaz

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Danger 5 Laughing GIF

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
All is lost.

Who out there can outspend MS, though? Not Sony, for sure.

It sucks that MS, the most tedious and dull corporation of all, is doing it, but Sony can’t do shit about it without killing itself in the process.

Maybe, selling the company to some Saudi king, or Google, China, or Amazon could level the playing field.