Final Fantasy XIV possibly coming to Xbox Series S|X. Phil on stage in Japan |UP| Updated rumors.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
are you trolling? SE just released the best game of the year lmao. And FF16 was top 3 goty last year.

It’s still too early for FF7 Rebirth.

FF16 was not top 3 goty last year. Come on.

That cookie cut DMC clone is a disgrace to the Final Fantasy name.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Vertigo

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
Why the sudden turn on SE just because they're doing some marketing stuff with Xbox? I don't hate Xbox enough to suddenly hate SE, they've been cooking and Rebirth is a game of the gen contender easily.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
It’s still too early for FF7 Rebirth.

FF16 was not top 3 goty last year. Come on.

That cookie cut DMC clone is a disgrace to the Final Fantasy name.
yes it was, and cookie cutter dmc clone is disingenuous, weak and baseless critique

Why the sudden turn on SE just because they're doing some marketing stuff with Xbox? I don't hate Xbox enough to suddenly hate SE, they've been cooking and Rebirth is a game of the gen contender easily.
I'm still a Sega fan even tho they sold their souls to Xbox. It sucks but I can separate the decisions made by the idiots in suits from the great people making the actual art. I'll still be a fan of SE if they go down the Sega route, but I'll be dissapointed.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Xbox (dying brand) marketing deals:
Assassin's Creed Shadows
Star Wars Outlaws
Call of Duty
Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater
Visions of Mana
Persona
Yakuza
Metapher: ReFantazio

Playstation (The market leader) marketing deals:
chinese/korean shovelware
Monster Hunter wilds

It’s just embarrassing all around. As I said before, wouldn’t be surprised if Xbox has the marketing rights to GTA6 & Kingdom Hearts 4.

if ff9 remake is at the Xbox showcase, that'd be another embarrassing L for Sony in a long line of embarrassing L's

are you trolling? SE just released the best game of the year lmao. And FF16 was top 3 goty last year.

His post is about your dooming and glooming about Sony (again). Sony doesn't need to chase those marketing deals. Also, GTA 6 marketing deals obliterates all Xbox marketing deals combined

Stop letting your nostalgia cloud your judgement.

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
yes it was, and cookie cutter dmc clone is disingenuous, weak and baseless critique

I'm still a Sega fan even tho they sold their souls to Xbox. It sucks but I can separate the decisions made by the idiots in suits from the great people making the actual art. I'll still be a fan of SE if they go down the Sega route, but I'll be dissapointed.

Basically feel the same. My disappointment is only because I don't think Xbox is good for the games industry and I don't like to see my favs associated like this with them, but that's it. My favs are my favs and have been with me for literal decades, so nothing is really gonna change that. It's ironic to hear "don't let nostalgia cloud your judgement" when people's judgement is completely clouded when it comes to Xbox.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
His post is about your dooming and glooming about Sony (again). Sony doesn't need to chase those marketing deals. Also, GTA 6 marketing deals obliterates all Xbox marketing deals combined
you call everything doom and gloom

My disappointment is only because I don't think Xbox is good for the games industry and I don't like to see my favs associated like this with them, but that's it.
Exact;y. it's harming and devaluing them, every Sega game that was on GamePass day 1 went on sale super quick, which never used to be the case for their games. And never mentioning PS in marketing related materials until much later also harms the games visibility, 90% of the audience for those games are on PS, not Xbox/PC.

Reactions: Shadow2027

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I see marketing deals are the new list wars and frankly I would be embarrassed to have star war outlaws and assassin's creed marketing, they will be the definition of mid 7/10 games and suddenly the mana series has become a global trendsetting IP according to box, but box gonna box nothing new there :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I see marketing deals are the new list wars and frankly I would be embarrassed to have star war outlaws and assassin's creed marketing, they will be the definition of mid 7/10 games and suddenly the mana series has become a global trendsetting IP according to box, but box gonna box nothing new there :ROFLMAO:
You guys always love to brush off valid criticism as list wars and console wars, so that you can continue to ignore the reality that Sony is doing a horrible job.

I don't really care but it just shows extreme complacency by Sony when they should be using their market share to twist the knife in. They have all the market share but are still losing marketing deals as well as 3rd party exclusives. How was Sony able to get games like FF7R, Kingdom Hearts, Persona, Yakuza, and more as full exclusives when Xbox was doing much better. But now that Xbox is on it's deathbed, they're somehow getting marketing deals and favorable terms like day 1 GamePass. You guys can keep saying it doesn't matter, but it definitely does.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023

You are posting that crap, not me. Oh, Sony doesn't have a marketing deal for AC Shadows, what an L for Sony! Oh, Sony doesn't have a marketing deal for MGS Delta, another L for Sony among many Ls. :/

Reactions: Vertigo

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
You guys always love to brush off valid criticism as list wars and console wars, so that you can continue to ignore the reality that Sony is doing a horrible job.

I don't really care but it just shows extreme complacency by Sony when they should be using their market share to twist the knife in. They have all the market share but are still losing marketing deals as well as 3rd party exclusives. How was Sony able to get games like FF7R, Kingdom Hearts, Persona, Yakuza, and more as full exclusives when Xbox was doing much better. But now that Xbox is on it's deathbed, they're somehow getting marketing deals and favorable terms like day 1 GamePass. You guys can keep saying it doesn't matter, but it definitely does.
to be honest there's not much to be done at this point. the reason shit sucks is because they made a bet on gaas and it fucked them up because they severely misjudged the popularity of the shit they were going with and how well single player studios would adapt to live services. i guess we should have seen the signs when destruction all-stars came out like it did, and sony backed suicide squad...and now concord looks like garbo. it's probably close to a ps3-level mistake but luckily the brand is much stronger rn than they were then - but it'll still take 4+ years to fix assuming they realize their mistake. the fact that they came out and said that going forward they're going to be doing more collabs with external 3p studios is a positive sign that they're realizing that their 1p studios should stick to what they're good at at least.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023

Exact;y. it's harming and devaluing them, every Sega game that was on GamePass day 1 went on sale super quick, which never used to be the case for their games. And never mentioning PS in marketing related materials until much later also harms the games visibility, 90% of the audience for those games are on PS, not Xbox/PC.

Exactly, and my main worry is that for non-gamepass games, I just don't see the benefit of going with Xbox when that fanbase is conditioned to not buy games. Crow Country actually gave a platform split and it sold almost 30% on PS, 60+% on PC and a WHOPPING 8% on Xbox lol Like the math ain't mathing with that company and its players. But again, I'll still love Sega and Square, I'll think they're dumb sure, but nothing, definitely not Xbox, will sway my feelings.

Reactions: JAHGamer

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024

So let me see you want sony to spend useless money on marketing deals that don't make a difference in sales as xbox is dying as you said, why on earth would anyone who likes playstation want Sony to waste money on marketing ubisoft titles ffs, we make fun of xbox games as low quality, news flash ubisoft games are even worse . You vilify gamepass as it destroys sales and on the same hand call day 1 gamepass favourable terms so which is it?

Edit: When Ghost of Tsushima is there you want these guys to get marketing for assassin's slop: japan edition, why?

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
So let me see you want sony to spend useless money on marketing deals that don't make a difference in sales as xbox is dying as you said, why on earth would anyone who likes playstation want Sony to waste money on marketing ubisoft titles ffs, we have make fun of xbox games as low quality, news flash ubisoft games are even worse . You vilify gamepass as it destroys sales and on the same hand call day 1 gamepass favourable terms so which is it?
lol...you know 2 things can be true at once right? GamePass is garbage, but Xbox striking GamePass deals is still favorable terms FOR THEM. What do you not understand? And Ubisoft is trash? 😂 Prince of Persia Lost Crown is one of the best games this year so far and one of the best games of the generation, AC Mirage was also great. Ubisoft is way better than Xbox.

And I don't *want* Sony to "spend useless money on marketing deals", I'm just saying compared to last generation, it's a pathetic contrast. We went from Yakuza and Persona being Only on PlayStation, to Yakuza and Persona being day 1 on GamePass. Games like FF/Kingdom Hearts were also exclusive, but now Xbox is somehow getting them at their absolute lowest. If you don't see that as a problem, then you're part of the problem. Keep your head in the sand if you want, but don't be mad at others for pointing out the obvious.

Are you senile?
No

Reactions: Gods&Monsters

hubertuss03

8 Jan 2023
Xbox (dying brand) marketing deals:
Assassin's Creed Shadows
Star Wars Outlaws
Call of Duty
Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater
Visions of Mana
Persona
Yakuza
Metapher: ReFantazio

Playstation (The market leader) marketing deals:
chinese/korean shovelware
Monster Hunter wilds

It’s just embarrassing all around. As I said before, wouldn’t be surprised if Xbox has the marketing rights to GTA6 & Kingdom Hearts 4.
How MGS Delta has marketing rights with Xbox when it was announced at PlayStation Showcase last year?
Visions of Mana also doesnt look like it have marketing rights with Xbox. Just announcement. Not every Square game had marketing with Sony. Some of them like Diofield Chronicles were simply announced at PS event.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Square acting like Dragon Quest and FF15 werent multiplatform

The amount of pressure towards Square from Xbot and Steam fans since 2020 has been a joke

Last edited: