Final Fantasy XVI coming to PC 9.17.24

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Time for epic boss battles, music and a pretty good story.
I wish the world and combat got the same effort as FF7Rebirth. Some of the side missions were great, the rest should of got cooked like the good ones

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
I knew holding out would be the right move. Smooth frame rate, here I come.

EDIT: LOLOLOLOL so much for that smooth frame rate. what a trash port.

Last edited:

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Great news. And it's a bit cheaper than the PS5 version, too.
A great game to play on my Legion Go for sure.

I'd kill for a cross-buy upgrade.

Me too. I'd love to be able to purchase this once and play on the PS5 + PC with cloud saves, even if it costs +30% than base game price so that Sony gets their distribution cut.

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
Lmao 50$. Meanwhile it's still 70$ on PS5. Console players still being treated like milking cows. The more I see this the less I am eagier to pay 70$ for a game. At this point I'll be waiting for games to drop in price first, since I am not paying this virtual tax of playing the worse version of the game earlier for more money, unless it's an exclusive like Astrobot, that I know will not make It's way to PC.

Unless it's just a yet another crappy port from Square Enix lol.

btw, where the promised Xbox version at? Hahahahahahahahahhaahhahaahhahahahahahahahahaahhahaahhahaahahahahahbahaahahhaahhaahahhaahhaahhaahhahaahhaahahahhaahahah hahahaahhahaahhahaahahahahahbahaahahhaahaahahhaahhaahhaahhahaahhaahahahhaahahah
hahahaahhahaahhahaahahahahahbahaahahhaahhaahahhaahhaahhaahhahaahhaahahahhaahahah

Reactions: toadsage44
24 Jun 2022
With this schedule (assuming it's standard), Rebirth should be out on Steam & EGS by May or June 2025.

Of course, it could be a bit sooner. I doubt it'd be any later than June, though.

Finally, goddamn.. PC players been starving for over a year. Also, no XB as some "rumors" have claimed

Still gotta wait for TGS but I highly doubt it's coming to Xbox anytime soon. I think if/when it does, though, it'll be part of some lucrative (for Square-Enix) Game Pass deal, probably by June 2025.

There's no sense prioritizing a B2P release on Xbox post-PS and post-PC especially. I'm more curious if there will be a Switch 2 port for the game, TBH.

.... @Orangee how do you know Astrobot won't make its way to PC? 😂 I would not rule that out whatsoever, the way SIE have been operating this gen. Nothing's "too PlayStation" to keep off PC (or maybe even Switch 2) now when GOW, Uncharted, TLOU etc. are already over there.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Nice will buy again, Square deserves the money and its launching around time of GoWR port so I will get this instead

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
Right next to Gow Ragnarok. They really want to send their game out to die on pc. Its not like FF7 remake sold much on pc and it came out next to no other game

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Why took so much for Square Enix do it?

BTW how are the Xbots? Are they not expecting the Xbox version? At least some threads popped here?

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Wondering what took them so long.... I was told PS5 is basically a PC and porting is just configuring a few sliders?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The demo is out already.
From ERA:

Real quick impressions:

- Shader compilation upon boot
- No ultrawide support whatsoever despite picking up on my 3440x1440 resolution. Everything is pillarboxed.
- Still seems to have some shader compilation stutter, like the first time I attacked/cast fireball/dodged during the combat tutorial. Some random traversal stutter too, maybe? Minor but present during the falling rocks "setpiece."
- Very heavy on the GPU, my 3080 is like 80-90%+ GPU usage with DLSS quality at 1440p, which means internal res closer to 1080p. Conversely, no immediately obvious CPU bottleneck, at least in my 5 minutes of play.
- Decent menus for a Squenix game, tbh. Mouse/keyboard support seems fine.

• haha
Reactions: Umar

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
Lol so much for taking over a year to make the pc version and it still stutters during gameplay despite shader compilation upon when starting the game.