Final Fantasy XVI coming to PC 9.17.24

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Sooner than I expected despite going way longer than the 6 months. Thought they would be at TGS and announce it for the holidays. Wouldn't say going against Ragnarok on PC is smart, but hey it's Square.

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
F2JVQE0WQAEOqWg.jpg:large

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
FF 14 failing on xbox will have put whatever plans for FF16 and FF7 remake and rebirth ports to xbox on hold. I think they will make a final call after seeing the sales of visions of mana on xbox.

• brain
Reactions: Ezekiel

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Saw this on the store page "The first fully fledged action rpg in mainline final fantasy"
What are FFXV and Lightning Returns then?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Like clockwork every time

IKR, the larger gaming community dragged the fuck out of this game at launch. Still my GOTY though, I think time will be kind to this game.

Just because it was PS5 exclusive. That’s the only reason. The poorest laughable critiques was said about FF16.

“This isn’t a real FF”

There is no “real” FF. Every FF is its own game with its own unique world and gameplay. You fucking dumbass. Making the same kind of FF only one type of way would actually not be FF true to it’s form.

“The game is not open world it’s just zones. That’s not FF.”

You mean like FF12? The game considered to be one of the best entries? FF12 was not open world either. You traveled to different zones and some places you could only get there only by fast travel. That didn’t stop the game from being amazing.

Man I fucking hate these people that trolled the discourse of this game. Fuck you all you fucking hypocrites.

Fuck you and your PC. You fake fucking gamers.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Yall really gonna pretend this game was dunked on by pc/xbox/nintendo for being a temporary ps exclusive and not by final fantasy and jrpg fans for being light on rpg mechanics (even by action rpg standards) or not having a controllable party?

Most ff games have been timed ps exclusives the only one particularly widely criticized is XV which was because XV is unfinished and is a large empty open world with nothing in it and really dreadful enemy combat mechanics.

People are excited about this because a subset of people who couldn't play it before will now be able to and by extension be able to form their own opinions on it (i.e. a lot of ff14 fans on particular).

I'm looking forward to this for the above reason, but I'm also nervous about it because I hated XV.

24 Jun 2022
And we have to do this every time, with every PS game lol.
Its especially tiring when some PS fans dont see it

Blame Sony/SIE for not balking back against the narrative. Like, at all. All it'd of taken were some people high up at PlayStation to explain why exclusives are a benefit not just to the platform but to gamers, and that would've gone a long way.

Instead they said jack shit. Them porting their own games en masse to PC (Steam specifically) this gen has not helped with the optics on that front whatsoever.

@TrishaCat the game was ABSOLUTELY in part attacked for being a PS5 exclusive. You're rewriting literal history there. Never mind the swathes of "games journalists" and pundits who pontificated on SE missing nigh-unrealistic sales goals to paint the game a "failure", and pin that on being exclusive to the PS5.

Then there were swathes of people at places like ResetERA doing the exact same thing. You can simply go look it all up. Yes, divisiveness among fans to its direction was another factor to the critical discussion, but console warring was 100% a part of it, too. Even from so-called professionals.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
About to become the best FF ever made now right? Everybody is going to pretend all that bullshit discourse never happened.
Well it is still a 8/10 game for me.
A good action game with a series of flaws.
A bad final fantasy.

PS. I'm rushing for the platinum right now after take 8 months of hiatus after finish it... the more I play it the more I see it is not a good Final Fantasy game.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Like I don't know how to tell yall this there is absolutely no one who didn't expect this to release on PC when 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, Crisis Core, 8, 9, 10, 10-2, 11, 12, 13, 13-2, Lightning Returns, 14, 15, World of ff, type 0, and strangers of paradise are on PC. People weren't dissing it as for being a ps exclusive. No one with a brain thought of this game as an exclusive