Final Fantasy XVI coming to PC 9.17.24

24 Jun 2022
I do. I do wonder why they dont say anything compared to the shit Phil talks on competitors and his take on the gaming industry lol.
It would be really easy to show how bias it all is. But Sony literally say nothing.
Think they are above it? Scared of a legal battle? What do you think? Cause I have no idea.

Wishful thinking but maybe they are waiting it out? Basically till Xbox basically disappears because they know how incompetent Xbox really is? With no Xbox in the race, those shills aint gonna be acting the same.

And yes I agree with your take on PC ports

MS-Exec-NadellaSony-CEO-Kenichiro-Yoshida.jpg

Sometimes it really feels like things keep coming back to this photo 🤔.....

• brain
Reactions: Kokoloko

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
It'll be a year old on release why would anyone expect it to be the same price as the initial release

It's new on PC isn't?

Never seen this argument when PC versions of other games launched much later, for example when GTA or Red Dead are released on PC. Or when previous PC games get a console release.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
It's new on PC isn't?

Never seen this argument when PC versions of other games launched much later, for example when GTA or Red Dead are released on PC. Or when previous PC games get a console release.
Games that launched with significantly lower prices when they came to PC late:
  • Catherine
  • Persona 3 Portable
  • Persona 4 Golden
  • Valkyria Chronicles
  • Bayonetta
  • Vanquish
  • Sonic: Lost World
  • Disgaea
  • Disgaea 2
  • Phantom Brave
  • Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy
  • Operations Babel: New Tokyo Legacy
  • Rune Factory 4
  • Ys Seven
  • Ys: Memories of Celceta
  • Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
  • Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  • Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
  • Danganronpa 2: Goodbye, Despair
  • Ultra Despair Girls
  • Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fate and the Dice of Fortune
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth 1
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth 2
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth 3
  • Mary Skelter Nightmares
  • Omega Quintet
  • Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God
  • Moero Chronicle
  • Lost Dimension
  • Mind Zero
  • Halo: Masterchief Collection
  • Okami HD
...to name a few

Last edited:

Senki Dala

11 Aug 2024
France
Why took so much for Square Enix do it?

BTW how are the Xbots? Are they not expecting the Xbox version? At least some threads popped here?
Well yeah I've read plenty of Xbox fans being 100% sure that the Xbox version was about to be announced at the gamescom.

Honestly I think SE should release the FF games on Xbox... Sure it has a "PS aura" since long now, and I guess that a few people buy those on Xbox, but as the brand doesn't belong to Sony it should be on Xbox. :(

Well I also wish that Sony acquire SE, and then ok all the FF games could be exclusives to Sony machines.

Reactions: ethomaz

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Well yeah I've read plenty of Xbox fans being 100% sure that the Xbox version was about to be announced at the gamescom.

Honestly I think SE should release the FF games on Xbox... Sure it has a "PS aura" since long now, and I guess that a few people buy those on Xbox, but as the brand doesn't belong to Sony it should be on Xbox. :(

Well I also wish that Sony acquire SE, and then ok all the FF games could be exclusives to Sony machines.

I don’t think FF, or any game for that matter, “should” be on Xbox or any other platform that is so mismanaged and unprofitable. Xbox is not entitled to getting games just for being Xbox.

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Hilarious that it runs like shit on 3k rigs and Xbox gets nothing. PS5 stays winning. Can't wait to replay this when I get my PS5 pro

Senki Dala

11 Aug 2024
France
I don’t think FF, or any game for that matter, “should” be on Xbox or any other platform that is so mismanaged and unprofitable. Xbox is not entitled to getting games just for being Xbox.
I know people playing on Xbox who likes FF, SE is confusing we FF on Xbox.
You have XIII/XIII-2/LR, then FFXI, then remasters of VII/VIII/IX/X/X2, then FFXV, then no FFVII Remake, same for Rebirth, and say for XVI, but you get Crisis Core FF. And Stranger of Paradise FF.

I am all for exclusives but when a series is well knows, like this one, on a platform, releasing 1, then not the next, then the next next ok... Is a bit weird. Like Street Fighter IV ok, SF V nope, SF6 ok. ^^"

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: voke

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
50 euro?

It's so insulting that they launched this at 80 euro on PSN.

It's new to PC and should be full price. PlayStation doesnt get discounts when games come to it later.

Arent most games cheaper on PC anyway? And isnt it up to Square?

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Generally speaking, especially during sales, though admittedly the price disparity has been diminishing with time. I used to read that digital games got to be cheaper because they don't have to print boxes and discs and stuff but
Nowadays most stuff launches at if not full price then close to full and there's a lot of examples of physical console releases being cheaper than digital pc equivalents after time has caused price drops while no such price drops occur digitally.

Reactions: Bryank75

Senki Dala

11 Aug 2024
France
It depends, FFVII Remake was (and is) sold 79€ on Steam.

It seems they doubt of the popularity of XVI, or they understood that selling 1M games at 50 is better than 300K at 80.