Final Fantasy XVI [OT] Clean Out Your PSClive Boys, We're Going Boss Hunting

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I finished the game recently, and I’m going after the platinum right now.

After I got all the Eikon abilities, combat started to shine. Overall I enjoyed it a lot, even with the uneven pacing.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Will go for the platinum and second playthrough when i get back from holidays.

My only criticisms are, I wish there was a higher difficulty from the start

More development for Jill and Clive's relationship (Jill's charecter kinda took a back seat during the latter half of the game)

Torgal was mentioned as having the ability to absorb any eikon ability but it was never bought up again

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Torgal was mentioned as having the ability to absorb any eikon ability but it was never bought up again
He actually absoved the Eikon abilities from Jill... ice.
If he was created togheter with Cid for example he should had absorved Cid's Eikon abitilites... lighting.

So he is suppose to absove any Eikon abilities but just one... and it takes time like several years together with the Eikon.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
He actually absoved the Eikon abilities from Jill... ice.
If he was created togheter with Cid for example he should had absorved Cid's Eikon abitilites... lighting.

So he is suppose to absove any Eikon abilities but just one... and it takes time like several years together with the Eikon.

We might find out with the DLC, this game still has a lot of unresolved plot threads that were never adressed like the Leviathan Eikon

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Will go for the platinum and second playthrough when i get back from holidays.

My only criticisms are, I wish there was a higher difficulty from the start

More development for Jill and Clive's relationship (Jill's charecter kinda took a back seat during the latter half of the game)

Did you Jill’s side quest ?

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Did you Jill’s side quest ?

Yes i did every side quest, while the final one with her was great we really needed more than that. A lot of the side quests were dedicated to random NPCs and didn't really add all that much.

Jill's arc kinda took a backseat after the Iron Kingdom, there's more they could have done with her like Clive and Jill could have been a fire and ice combo or something.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Finally killed Barnabas 🔥
I think he deserved more backstory.
It was not the best FF villain (far from it) but it was a good villain.

It is weird to be that the previous battle he almost took my head off but now I can fight him very easy without any real upgrade difference 🤷‍♂️

Now the boring and off story part… Ultima.

Numero

29 Jul 2023
After a month from my platinum trophy I can make some cold thoughts. The game ultimately left me a good taste and it's the first game in years where I still feel attached to the characters. I really loved the world and I think I'm ready to accept the fact that the Bahamut fight became my favourite boss fight ever.
The game has its own flaws, sure, but I finally feel like I've built some good gaming memories.
So much love

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
After a month from my platinum trophy I can make some cold thoughts. The game ultimately left me a good taste and it's the first game in years where I still feel attached to the characters. I really loved the world and I think I'm ready to accept the fact that the Bahamut fight became my favourite boss fight ever.
The game has its own flaws, sure, but I finally feel like I've built some good gaming memories.
So much love

Both thr Bahamat and Titan fights were top tier, some of the best boss battles in gaming. I only wish the Odin Boss fight was better, after he split the sea in half i was expecting a SUPER EPIC boss fight but i was pretty disappointed

Reactions: JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Both the Bahamut and Titan fights were top tier, some of the best boss battles in gaming. I only wish the Odin Boss fight was better, after he split the sea in half i was expecting a SUPER EPIC boss fight but i was pretty disappointed
It was a bit disappointing, but it makes perfect sense.
At least his Eikon abilities are the best in the game.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It was a bit disappointing, but it makes perfect sense.
At least his Eikon abilities are the best in the game.
I rather say Shiva have the best Eikon abilities...

The main invocation do a lot of damage and breaks over 50% of the stun bar of enemy (including bosses).
The evade ability can freeze all enemies (including bosses) so you can use it in sequence and basically be invincible... freeze, hit hard, freeze, hit hard, stun, hit hard, end the stun freeze again, hit hard.

Odin abilities are fun but needs several enemies to work best because the main purpose is to fill Zantetsuken levels... Zantetsuken level 5 itself is probably the strongest ability in terms of damage in the game.
The time freeze is great but it has cooldown so the freeze from Shiva is way better because it is a common ability without cooldown.

Anyway I wanted to have a proper magic system and summon system (tradicional to FF) than Eikon abilities... they seems to be there because the action gameplay but it very limited in scope and execution... so the battle became basically the same thought the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Entropi

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I think I'm at the last dungeon/boss? Something in the map called "Origins" (I don't if that is the actual translation).

So thinking it was the last part I took my time to finish.

- All sidequests (man took me several hours... it was boring).
- All wanted... well it was not that much... basically the Waoled country only so some 4-5 wanted.
- All musics... surprising I missed only 2... one was really easy and the others in a weird set of stairs that I did not saw before :D.
- Finishing these allowed me to make all the Gold equipment and get the last reward (Gengi Gloves) from the girl.

Ohhhhh I finished all Eikon challenges except the Odin one... I will do it today.

Is the game capped at lvl 50? Because I reached 49 but it is too much xp to reach 50 that I can't see it going up to 99 with these low amout of xp.

After finish the game I will focus on some trophies related to abilities... some I read that I need to hit with determined abilities the enemies while they are on air.

Finishing here... all my time will go to Baldur Gate 3.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Finished it.

The ending is bad for several non-spoilers reasons:

- It is the same ending as FFXV… yeap if you at it even the story is similar.
- Ultima is something off from the game… it doesn’t feel part of the game neither a Villian the game deserves.
- All the Ultima transformations are the same… same moves, skills, etc.
- Gameplay combat sucks… it is the same… you basically keep repeating the same until kill the boss (you don’t even take damage)… the lack of options is atrocious.

And bad for spoilers reasons:

- The ending is ambiguous due the death of Clive while it makes sure to show everybody else is alive including Joshua… for Clive it only gives a girl smile and a text like he will be always alive at draw.
- It is a hypocrite reason… Clive’s fight for the duty but when Ultima fight for the same duty he says it is wrong… another example Clove says he is fitting against the choice to die, he fighting for the choice of how to live but at ending changes 180 and choose to die.

I was always thinking if I should drop my score to 8.0 from the Bahamut battle to the end.

But overall the first part is pretty great even with the flaws… the flaws start to be more annoying from the middle to end due the drop in quality of the story.

I will stay with 8.5/10.

It is a good game with tons os missed potential.
But at the same time with a very generic mid to late story and gameplay.

I wonder if it will take a lot of time to get the Platinum… at least side quests and stuffs are all done.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
The art direction for this DLC is amazing 🔥

image.png

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
The combat in FF16 is lowkey better than Rebirth 😂 getting a parry against a boss in this game is one of the most satisfying feelings ever.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Box and SLB1904