Final Fantasy XVI | Review Thread

What scores do you think Final Fantasy XVI will get?

• 40-50%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60%

• 60-70%

• 70-80%

• 80-85%

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 27 64.3%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Ok so far I’m done with almost 12 reviews. “Epic, Superb combat, Story is amazing, minor performance issues, Eikon battles are
huge and non-repetitive”

8/10

Like, what? Lol

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I'm going to enjoy the hell out of this game. I don't care about any of the shilling or thinly veiled fanboyism from a couple of reviewers.

Reviews are as expected. None of that means it’s still not the best Final Fantasy ever.

It’s also a divisive game. And to be honest killing the design of the last few mainline games is the best choice they’ve done.

Game looks fantastic. I think it’s a sure thing that the success it will have with actual gamers will be huge.

Only thing that’s disappointing from what I’m seeing is the performance mode. It’s trash

Reactions: AshHunter216

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Ok so far I’m done with almost 12 reviews. “Epic, Superb combat, Story is amazing, minor performance issues, Eikon battles are
huge and non-repetitive”

8/10

Like, what? Lol
A lot of them read like 10/10 but then the scores don't match? It's so weird. It's the first time I notice this.

The negatives are not even real negative that can change the score.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Entropi

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Even though i don't care much about review scores.

I still feel Metacritic giving higher weighting of review scores to certain outlets really needs to end.

It just gives more power to certain outlets to really drag things down when other smaller outlets might be reviewing a game better.

Afaik opencritic doesn't do weighting right?

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
A lot of them read like 10/10 but then the scores don't match? It's so weird. It's the first time I notice this.

Ok, found one complaining about “too many F-Bombs”, but It was an unscored review.

• haha
Reactions: Bryank75

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Even though i don't care much about review scores.

I still feel Metacritic giving higher weighting of review scores to certain outlets really needs to end.

It just gives more power to certain outlets to really drag things down when other smaller outlets might be reviewing a game better.

Afaik opencritic doesn't do weighting right?

Correct.

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
Metacritic really be letting anybody in

on top of that, metacritic did everything they could to raise zedla totk's average to 96 when it had fallen to 95 for 2 weeks, and they only added 10/10s for the latest scores, but they're doing the opposite for Sony and Microsoft

this site is really dishonest

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Helios

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022

Example of this? I Just read the IGN review and it had plenty of criticisms (that were also obvious after playing the demo) and still gave it a "9" which is stated as "Amazing."

Gonna check out others, but breaking that 90 barrier is simply really hard mathematically. I just didn't see it coming from this game (again, after the demo). But I'm sure it's great, and like I've said over and over, I'm buying it, and I have the soundtrack on order.

on top of that, metacritic did everything they could to raise zedla totk's average to 96 when it had fallen to 95 for 2 weeks, and they only added 10/10s for the latest scores, but they're doing the opposite for Sony and Microsoft

this site is really dishonest
Now we are getting into conspiracy theories. Come on guys. The PS fans should not be acting like Xbots.

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Metacritic really be letting anybody in
Metacritic actually is faster to update... OpenCritic take some more time to add most of the sites that MC already added.

IMO MC is better than OC.
OC's guy created it thinking the scores will be different from MC when removed the weight but at the end the difference was 1-2 points only.

Helios

Coolios
11 Jun 2023
Metacritic actually is faster to update... OpenCritic take some more time to add most of the sites that MC already added.

IMO MC is better than OC.
OC's guy created it thinking the scores will be different from MC when removed the weight but at the end the difference was 1-2 points only.
Ok thanks for the info. Opencritic is still holding 91 let's see what the final rating will be after all the reviews gets updated

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
Example of this? I Just read the IGN review and it had plenty of criticisms (that were also obvious after playing the demo) and still gave it a "9" which is stated as "Amazing."

Gonna check out others, but breaking that 90 barrier is simply really hard mathematically. I just didn't see it coming from this game (again, after the demo). But I'm sure it's great, and like I've said over and over, I'm buying it, and I have the soundtrack on order.

Now we are getting into conspiracy theories. Come on guys. The PS fans should not be acting like Xbots.
xlFgvVt.png