Final Fantasy XVI | Review Thread

What scores do you think Final Fantasy XVI will get?

• 40-50%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60%

• 60-70%

• 70-80%

• 80-85%

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 27 64.3%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Banned in saudi arabia for having gay character, panned by some game journos for not having diversity.
I guess you can't make them all happy
is there really a gay character on the game?? If so, the fake outrage is even more embarrassing.

24 Jun 2022
on top of that, metacritic did everything they could to raise zedla totk's average to 96 when it had fallen to 95 for 2 weeks, and they only added 10/10s for the latest scores, but they're doing the opposite for Sony and Microsoft

this site is really dishonest

Dunno, are they doing the opposite for Microsoft? Did Stevivor's "updated" Halo Infinite score get added to the MC average?

Just checked...NOPE! The original 95 Stevivor score is STILL there, even though when you click the link, and scroll to the bottom, the actual score is now a 7/10.

Metacritic is trash. People, STOP VALIDATING THEM! They need to do way more than just stemming the bad-faith user review botting to actually have a legitimate aggregate system there, but they seem set on doing the bare minimum.

Metacritic actually is faster to update... OpenCritic take some more time to add most of the sites that MC already added.

IMO MC is better than OC.
OC's guy created it thinking the scores will be different from MC when removed the weight but at the end the difference was 1-2 points only.

Actually that's not what I've noticed. OC is faster because there's less of a process for the reviews to be approved, and there are usually certain reviews that pop up on Opencritic that never make it to Metacritic.

Maybe FF XVI is the outlier but I definitely noticed that OC tends to be faster to get scores in for several games. And like others have said, the weight MC gives to select review sites is a potential problem as it allows for certain sites to decide a game's overall score, agendas and all, knowing it'd take 10+ smaller outlets giving a very high score to offset their singular lower score.

IMO it's the opposite: OC is better than MC by a fair margin, but both have issues. MC's are more severe, however.

Last edited:
Reactions: Evilms and Puff

Firefly

25 Jul 2022
Welp I guess TOTK is game of the year this year. Still im day one on ff16 regardless. I still cant get over the fact that fucking SF6 has a score of 92 on meta but ff16 doesn't. At least opencritic gave it a 90.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Welp I guess TOTK is game of the year this year. Still im day one on ff16 regardless. I still cant get over the fact that fucking SF6 has a score of 92 on meta but ff16 doesn't. At least opencritic gave it a 90.

SF6 is a beast, no surprise

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
Anyone else find it odd how Polygon and Kotaku haven't shared their scores yet? They were some of the earliest review posters on opencritic but still no score from them.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Actually that's not what I've noticed. OC is faster because there's less of a process for the reviews to be approved, and there are usually certain reviews that pop up on Opencritic that never make it to Metacritic.

Maybe FF XVI is the outlier but I definitely noticed that OC tends to be faster to get scores in for several games. And like others have said, the weight MC gives to select review sites is a potential problem as it allows for certain sites to decide a game's overall score, agendas and all, knowing it'd take 10+ smaller outlets giving a very high score to offset their singular lower score.

IMO it's the opposite: OC is better than MC by a fair margin, but both have issues. MC's are more severe, however.
Not sure because all games I followed OC take days to add more reviewers while MC add a bunch in a single batch.
Probably thought the time OC can have more reviews but at the review date MC basically post 90% of them while OC keep adding them in smaller numbers.

Probably that difference is due fews guys doing a hobby (OC) vs employes from a company (MC).

BTW OC trend to have more reviews but the numbers seems bigger because they put all toghether while MC split between platforms.

Last edited:

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Anyone else find it odd how Polygon and Kotaku haven't shared their scores yet? They were some of the earliest review posters on opencritic but still no score from them.
they never score. or at least i can't remember they done it.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
anyone scoring this lower than redfall needs there heads read
those reviewers now
GIF by Giphy QA