First PS5 Pro Previews are coming up

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
It was clear early on that the PS5 Pro was going to be the most power console in history. It was also clear that it was going to be $ for $ the best modern gaming device that you can buy, with a clear value advantage over PC.

It makes the PS5 look like the XSS compared to the XSX.

The biggest question mark was always going to be PSSR which looks like it largely delivers here even in its first release rendition.

This will sell out on pre-order day and the narrative will continue to shift from is it worth it to what it looks like to not have it.

Every game that releases, the difference will be highlighted.

When Microsoft releases games on PS5 and they play better on PS5 Pro, they're going to have a massive PR issue. The only way against this is locked frame rates and locked resolution below what the PS5 Pro is capable of. It'll be interesting to see how the PS5 Pro mandate is enforced and if all games need to have an uncapped frame rate mode available.
If Microsoft doesn't take advantage of the Pro it's going to be an even bigger PR disaster, might as well include Pro enhancements on every game they release on PS5. India Jones will melt eyeballs on PS5 Pro.

Evilms

Graph Master
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I love your posts, always sharing data objectively. Big props, keep doing it :)

Regarding the list, I'd love to see there Street Fighter 6 even if it's just to improve the jagged hair and shadows in the versus screen and put the World Tour mode at steady 60fps at all times.
Other PS5 Pro patches will arrive for other games after launch, just as they did for the PS4 Pro.
The list is sure to grow with the time.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Other PS5 Pro patches will arrive for other games after launch, just as they did for the PS4 Pro.
Yes, sure. As happened with PS4 Pro. This is just the start, mostly teams who had early access to the devkit or almost. More will follow over time, both new games and (in a smaller proportion) old ones.

Reactions: Evilms

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023

Yes, sure. As happened with PS4 Pro. This is just the start, mostly teams who had early access to the devkit or almost. More will follow over time, both new games and (in a smaller proportion) old ones.

Yes.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
If Microsoft doesn't take advantage of the Pro it's going to be an even bigger PR disaster, might as well include Pro enhancements on every game they release on PS5. India Jones will melt eyeballs on PS5 Pro.

A bigger PR disaster? How so? I don't think so. I think the biggest issue would probably be further M&A where there is clear evidence of them worsening games.

They'll probably start locking all their games to 4k30 now.