First PS5 Pro Previews are coming up

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
You tackle the problem on both ends and you can try and replicate the performance of GeforceNow, which if Sony is able to do they have a much larger game library than Nvidia and new games they make themselves.
How would Sony get a "much larger game library" than a platform that can run any PC game known in history?
You think Sony is going to put the PS5 hardware running windows games now?

It will put them in pole position in cloud streaming. Which is my point.

Rainbow Thumbs Down GIF by Mind Pump Media

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
What cost savings in the cloud?
The cost savings were already implemented in the PS5 Pro. Sony is achieving 2x performance with a GPU that is only 45% faster in rasterization, due to using a lower base resolution.

But somehow you think it's a magical thing for servers because... you must make up shit to prop Sony up even though you have zero idea what you're talking about.

The same cost savings can be applied in the future in creating cheaper PS5 server blades and cheaper PS6 server blades.

Let me put it this way. Sony could put out a Series S type PS5 that has similar hardware, but a smaller GPU, but with the enhancements of the new Pro SOC including machine learning in order to deliver 1080p or 1440p.

The same is true of the server blades.

No facts other than an AMD patent filed in 2019, a full year before the PS5 even released, describing an AI-based upscaler to run on an AMD GPU?

And Sony beat AMD at... using a GPU developed by AMD with an AI upscaler that runs using AMD's wave matrix multiply accumulate instructions? Like the one AMD has been developing for 5 years?

Where is the equivalent AMD hardware?

You think Sony did all of this by themselves without AMD? Do you even grasp at how stupid and ignorant that sounds?

I guess it depends on what you mean by themselves. But yes, Cerny's team developed PSSR, not AMD. AMD is able to use the techniques developed in PSSR.

LOL Sony isn't going to mandate yet another target spec that runs PS5 quality and framerates. They have the PS5 SoC for that.
Who was going to spend software dev resources for that 3rd platform in your imagination?

And "has machine learning on the SoC"? You have no idea what that means, do you? There have been games running Machine Learning inference in the original PS5 for years. Any ALU in any SoC can run machine learning inference, tensor operations are just matrix multiplications.

We'll see. If Sony puts out a PS Handheld using PSSR, I think a lot of people are going to support it.

The keyword there is multiplications. You're running out of room here.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
How would Sony get a "much larger game library" than a platform that can run any PC game known in history?
You think Sony is going to put the PS5 hardware running windows games now?

You think GeforceNow plays every game in PC history?

Yeah, you're a clown.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
The same cost savings can be applied in the future in creating cheaper PS5 server blades and cheaper PS6 server blades.

Let me put it this way. Sony could put out a Series S type PS5 that has similar hardware, but a smaller GPU, but with the enhancements of the new Pro SOC including machine learning in order to deliver 1080p or 1440p.

Yes, you think Sony can just make a weaker SoC than the PS5's and it will magically run at PS5 settings because the new SoC runs PiSSeR.
Yes, it's as stupid and ignorant as all your other ideas so far.

PiSSeR needs per-game developer intervention, so unless you think Sony is going to mandate all PS5 games released so far to implement PiSSeR (which wouldn't be beneath any of your other equally stupid ideas), it's not going to happen.

Where is the equivalent AMD hardware?
Who the fuck do you think made the PS5 Pro's SoC you genius?
Do you think Mark Cerny designed the Zen 2 cores and RDNA4 GPU at his home, then told AMD "okay, now just take this to TSMC and print it"?

I guess it depends on what you mean by themselves. But yes, Cerny's team developed PSSR, not AMD. AMD is able to use the techniques developed in PSSR.
LOL no, console makers don't develop hardware blocks for AMD. And it wouldn't make any sense for Sony to develop PiSSeR all by themselves when they need to comply with AMD's CPU and GPU instruction sets.
Mark Cerny isn't even an employee of Sony, he's a contractor paid to visit dev houses and raise a list of requirements and suggestions. Mark Cerny "and his team" (whomever you think those are) doesn't develop AI-based upscalers.

Your extreme fanboyism made you delirious.

You think GeforceNow plays every game in PC history?

Yeah, you're a clown.
You tried really hard, my troll friend.