For those that hate Sony, What made you feel the way you do about them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Reality is PlayStation centric.
what if GIF

• brain
Reactions: nominedomine

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Scope meaning an open world with seamless transitions. Right now, GoW(2018) is horrible with this. The opening up gateways and traveling by boat in a giant pond where each dock goes to a particular realm. It's highly inconsistent with displaying the world and what you can actually do in the world. You can't even jump off of things unless you get the "B" prompt. It's way too restrictive and detracts from the overall experience. Also the combat is redundant. If you fight one type of enemy, you will basically dispatch them the exact same way you did before. In Elden Ring, every enemy is different in how they attack you so your experience becomes randomish. The game also forces you to use certain weapons instead of dispatching an enemy how you see fit.

I hope that Ragnarok is not the same gameplay mechanics because that would be very unfortunate.
Lol open world generally are trash. Even ER’s is not that great, filled with repetitive tasks and useless gear.
And let’s not even talk about the unbalanced difficulty.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Seems to be working, stupid stuff like this seems to really be getting to you.

Reality is PlayStation centric.
Thread asked why people dislike sony. them still doing exclusives like that are why.

granted, I get that's what MS used to do with the 360, but that was so long ago and so far removed, and people have forgot Xbox ever even had exclusive anything at this point.

48hour exclusivity for story DLC is just... overkill imo. comes off as petty. Even in their heyday MS never did anything like that.

Reactions: Deleted member 51
OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Thread asked why people dislike sony. them still doing exclusives like that are why.

granted, I get that's what MS used to do with the 360, but that was so long ago and so far removed, and people have forgot Xbox ever even had exclusive anything at this point.

48hour exclusivity for story DLC is just... overkill imo. comes off as petty. Even in their heyday MS never did anything like that.
it is overkill but last gen we saw the slight normalization of stuff like this. Gears of War 4 and Forza Horizon in 2016 came out a few days early for people who bought the collectors or deluxe edition. I remember at the gamestop midnight back in 2016 they could only sell certain versions of a game a few days early and have to so another midnight release for people who pre ordered the regular edition and I think this is where this 48 hour dlc idea comes from.

I think they developers know console sales wise the PS version is most likely to sell more anyway so why not take extra money from sony. They are probably gonna get money later on from Microsoft when they ask them to put it from gamepass so why not try to maximize profits.

About the picture thing I knew about that but I thought there might of been a way to post pictures straight from your computer tho, I got some really specific gifs i want to use from time to time lol

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
I think they developers know console sales wise the PS version is most likely to sell more anyway so why not take extra money from sony. They are probably gonna get money later on from Microsoft when they ask them to put it from gamepass so why not try to maximize profits.

I'd not be surprised if it didn't cost Sony money. Sony giving a game prime placement on their store and other marketing help is so valuable to publishers because of Sony's dominance over Xbox hardware wise.

Either way they pay a lot less than Microsoft ever would for stuff like this.

It's one of the reasons these practices aren't great from an overall market health perspective. A dominant company can continue to dominate or further their domination easier than a struggling or new company can, by leveraging their market position to get cheap favors from content providers.

"Organic" growth really is preferable from a market health perspective. Not that MS entering the market was organic either.. they benefited from being one of the world's biggest companies.. another thing about company size... massively profitable companies can just come in swinging in a market unfairly.

Huge companies just have unfair advantages.. and our regulators just keep letting these companies get bigger.

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022

MS still does it to this day, they just do it with smaller games because it would cost MS a lot more due to the smaller market share. At this point Sony pretty much has their pickings of games they want to partner with given their market position. By the same logic it also costs Sony more to put third-party games on PS+ because a lot more games are sold on PlayStation and the service is bigger.

People make it sound like Xbox went out of their way to push something like Gamepass but in fact they were forced into that direction due to their position. They couldn't compete with Sony directly because they don't have the quantity or quality of internal games Sony has and they also couldn't compete with them by buying exclusivities because it would cost them a lot more.

Their solutions? Game subscription, it buys them time to try an fix their internal output and it leverages the fact that they have a smaller install base so devs would theoretically be abdicating of less potential sales when including games on their service.

Phil Spencer just put his usual spin on top of what pretty much was MS admitting they couldn't compete with Sony. Imagine if they actually tried to charge people for Halo Infinite instead of making it F2P and putting it on gamepass... :LOL: same goes for most of their day one internal games as well as plenty of the third-party games they included in the service, plenty of those were obviously going to flop (ultimately they were "giving away" games that people wouldn't have bought anyway).

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
This forum is not playstation centric. It may have more PS fans on the forum for NOW, but's in no way geared towards serving ONLY PS fans. You gotta get that out of your mind asap.
It will probably has more PS fans unless the market changes.

You have more PS fans than Xbox fans in the world… forum reflect that.

What can happen is in some regions to have similar quantity of Nintendo fans but Xbox fans will be always lower even in US.

Reactions: Rivet
OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
It will probably has more PS fans unless the market changes.

You have more PS fans than Xbox fans in the world… forum reflect that.

What can happen is in some regions to have similar quantity of Nintendo fans but Xbox fans will be always lower even in US.
I probably shouldn't of used "PlayStation Centric", I meant most of us on here as of now are PlayStation fans. I caused this whole controversy just by that term!

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I probably shouldn't of used "PlayStation Centric", I meant most of us on here as of now are PlayStation fans. I caused this whole controversy just by that term!
Most of the users here came from a PlayStation Discord that's why. Also, the majority of bans on GAF/Era are Sony fans. Other fandoms can say whatever they want without fear.

Reactions: ethomaz

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Sony fans truly are the most self-persecuted bunch.
Just look at the ban list and you'll see. GAF is your kingdom so of course you don't see it that way.

Btw, I asked you a question on page 1 and I'm still waiting for a reply aj.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Just look at the ban list and you'll see. GAF is your kingdom so of course you don't see it that way.

Btw, I asked you a question on page 1 and I'm still waiting for a reply aj.

I don't look at any notifications here :ROFLMAO:

But because you asked, I already answered the question in my first post. I have no issue with Sony and their content as a manufacturer, but some of their fans can be incredible jackasses, that's obvious on pretty much all major gaming forum. It's some real unwarranted superiority complex, which is probably a contributing factor in why they are the most banned in any place with moderation.

But that's just the way it looks to me, others opinions may vary 🤷‍♂️

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I don't look at any notifications here :ROFLMAO:

But because you asked, I already answered the question in my first post. I have no issue with Sony and their content as a manufacturer, but some of their fans can be incredible jackasses, that's obvious on pretty much all major gaming forum. It's some real unwarranted superiority complex, which is probably a contributing factor in why they are the most banned in any place with moderation.

But that's just the way it looks to me, others opinions may vary 🤷‍♂️
No, I asked you why did you switch from PS fan to Xbox cult leader.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Sony fans truly are the most self-persecuted bunch.

Happy Simon Cowell GIF by America's Got Talent's Got Talent
There is a ban list in GAF.
It is just facts.

Anyway the cry about I hate PlayStation because the fans are jackasses are really hypocritical imo.

No offense but you are a Xbox fan way more jackals than most hardcore PS fans… it just you don’t look at the mirror I guess.

When you have a fan base way smaller than others but have more jackasses fans then something is wrong in my opinion.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
There is a ban list in GAF.
It is just facts.

Yeah, there is a ban list on GAF and, especially recently, a lot of Sony diehards are being banned. It is most definitely a fact.

Absolutely no objections from me on those two points.

As to why that is, you as a Sony fan will try to justify that it's because you are persecuted or the mods are biased. Meanwhile anyone with an objective lens will see it differently that Sony fans tend to be the most obnoxious/aggressive towards other console bases. It is what it is 🤷‍♂️

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Yeah, there is a ban list on GAF and, especially recently, a lot of Sony diehards are being banned. It is most definitely a fact.

Absolutely no objections from me on those two points.

As to why that is, you as a Sony fan will try to justify that it's because you are persecuted or the mods are biased. Meanwhile anyone with an objective lens will see it differently that Sony fans tend to be the most obnoxious/aggressive towards other console bases. It is what it is 🤷‍♂️
Anybody with a objective lens can read our posts.

Like you want to talk about I never made any aggressive or trolls post in GAF in the same level than yours… that tells a lot about perception because you are here saying Sony fans are the evil when there is no other fan base more obnoxious/aggressive than Xbox fans lol

That inferiority complex from some Xbox fans are weird because they are the most vocal, misleading, incoherent and bipolar in social media / forums.

PS. I won’t even enter in the point about some Xbox fans love to hide behind alts something that never made sense to me.

Last edited:

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022

What? They paid for GTAIV DLC exclusivity that lasted about one year.

Why is every Xbox fan so ignorant?

Status
Not open for further replies.