For those that hate Sony, What made you feel the way you do about them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
When you put things into perspective, there are more active steam users than psn users, and you will rarely EVER hear any of them bitch about a PC game, coming to console. Remember, PC gamers, AKA port beggars, have no exclusives at all. Nothing, and we will eventually get the scraps from Sony when they finally launch their old games, at least 2 plus years later. If you ever get them. Ps4 games only of course, never pa5

Xbox games are always in 3rd, or last place. They are the minority. They never bitched when their games came to PC, I mean why would they? Microsoft Windows... Microsoft Xbox... Hmmm. They have no games, nothing coming out this year, you heard all of the b.s remarks.

Nintendo... Yeah they aren't even a console, games have outdated graphics from the ps360 days. It can't even hold a solid 30fps, and it's for kids.

Don't get me wrong, but PC, Xbox, and Nintendo definitely get shitted on more by one camp then any other. Anyone who denies this is bat shit crazy.

Everyone is guilty. But there are some that are way more guilty. And it's obvious
Well here's the thing. I personally remember there being backlash when xbox decided to go all pc and xbox one.

I remember IGN's ryan Mcafee even bringing this up on his podcast unlocked as well in 2016 saying Microsoft isn't giving xbox owners a reason to own an xbox.
I remember when quantum break was announced coming to pc as well rememdy had to respond to the flak they got for that decision: https://www.eurogamer.net/i-was-slightly-confused-by-the-reaction

yes it was stupid in 2016 to worry about console games being ported to pc as well as it is in 2022. But the reason I say we shouldn't go there is because our perception of this stuff is going to be skewed by who triggers us the most.

Last edited:
  • fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I'm sure in your mind it was Xbox fans that doxed the YouTuber over PS5 right? False flag operation perhaps? You do talk about fan fiction all the time so I get it. If the mods deleted my post how does it fit the narrative that it's only PlayStation fans that are persecuted? You talk about narratives but can't even keep yours straight. Stick to playing games man.
Cut the bullshit you're trying to virtue signal and point fingers on something that only sick fuckers do, and paint only one fan group, while we know every fan group have these sickos.

You stooped this low, this isn't the winning point you think it is.

BloodMod

Fear the Old Blood
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I would really, REALLY love it if people would stop with pointing fingers and generalizing fan groups.

"[Insert brand here] fans always do this and that" sends the discussion into endless pointless circles and makes all involved look like bickering fools.

Everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE needs to let that go.

DarkMage619

Verified Gamepass Reseller
15 Jul 2022
Accusing someone of supporting harrassment without proof is a horrible insult. Read the post before yours and knock it off.
Cut the bullshit you're trying to virtue signal and point fingers on something that only sick fuckers do, and paint only one fan group, while we know every fan group have these sickos.

You stooped this low, this isn't the winning point you think it is.
Sure man defend your friends as long as they support the right platform. Right on!

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Sure man defend your friends as long as they support the right platform. Right on!
What is your issue? That you don't realize this is not ok.

I don't defend harassment or sending death threats be it from any group, this should be very clear to you if actually read anything I answered to your posts.

You're not a person worth having a discussion with.

• thisistheway
Reactions: BadBurger
OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
If the thread keeps going the way it is, we will have to shut down the thread... so please be respectful, pump the breaks a bit and if you need take a walk or tame away from the computer.
I probably shouldn't of said "hate" Sony. Not a single person here said they hated Sony but yet we are at 547 replies and somehow this turned into a Pro PC port vs Anti PC Port thread for Sony's Games (Sorry @Bryank75)
There was also the Sony Studios vs Third Party Studios debate that popped up.
Then the Sony fans are the worst out of all the gaming fans
and just some trolling in general with the Sony only makes third person cinematic games and stuff like that

Maybe I could of titled it For those who have a "distain" for Sony or some "bitterness". (Maybe could of said those who don't prefer Sony's game machines, but that would make it sound like a "PlayStation is the best, why don't you guys jump on board" thread in disguise than a thread wondering where most of this PlayStation Hate comes from, weather it be Dreamcast fans, Nintendo Home Console Fans, of Xbox Fans, or people who don't like Sony products in general like their TV's or speakers.
all this drama and no answers, just the feeling of hollowness and the radicalization of the fanboys, also slight indigestion

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I probably shouldn't of said "hate" Sony. Not a single person here said they hated Sony but yet we are at 547 replies and somehow this turned into a Pro PC port vs Anti PC Port thread for Sony's Games (Sorry @Bryank75)
There was also the Sony Studios vs Third Party Studios debate that popped up.
Then the Sony fans are the worst out of all the gaming fans
and just some trolling in general with the Sony only makes third person cinematic games and stuff like that

Maybe I could of titled it For those who have a "distain" for Sony or some "bitterness". (Maybe could of said those who don't prefer Sony's game machines, but that would make it sound like a "PlayStation is the best, why don't you guys jump on board" thread in disguise than a thread wondering where most of this PlayStation Hate comes from, weather it be Dreamcast fans, Nintendo Home Console Fans, of Xbox Fans, or people who don't like Sony products in general like their TV's or speakers.
all this drama and no answers, just the feeling of hollowness and the radicalization of the fanboys, also slight indigestion

No need to apologize.

It usually comes back to the same few highly charged subjects.

Lets try to not retread old ground that we know goes nowhere and maybe then we can focus on the subject of the thread and answer it maturely or at least try and give a new perspective or something....

OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
No need to apologize.

It usually comes back to the same few highly charged subjects.

Lets try to not retread old ground that we know goes nowhere and maybe then we can focus on the subject of the thread and answer it maturely or at least try and give a new perspective or something....

A little perspective I have on why I didn't like Sony at first is that:

Just Being a N64 kid from 97-02 (my family also got a gb pocket during this time like in 98ish)
then an GBA owner in may 2002 and a gamecube owner in the summer of 2002 (My family got a PS2 in Christmas 2002 but that was more of my older brothers system.)
Then a GBA SP owner in in christmas 2004
Then a DS owner in early 2005.
Got a Wii in very late 2006 or early 2007 can't remember

I can say from a Nintendo focused perspective it did suck when nobody in real life considered them legitimate. PS2 was the cool system cause of San Andreas

Xbox was the cool system cause of Halo. So I see why Nintendo fans probably arent too happy with Sony being so dominant from the mid 90s to 2006 when the PS3 disaster happened and they also brought microsoft with them to the console space.

As someone who never knew sega as a console manufacturer until like 2006 when I was looking up consoles on wikipedia I see lots of things from the past that point to dreamcast owners having bitterness at the PS2 taking off and sega running out of funds due to losing money on saturn and the gensis add-ons I believe. It doesn't help that back then the console wars were more petty, Sega literally ran an ad in a magazine mocking sony for the PS2 shortages so I can see why the consoles wars were so toxic in the 90s and 2000s when you actually had companies doing stuff like this publicly.

But for me I loved Sony in the PS3 era when I got one in 2008 and then seeing stuff like the PSP running GTA LCS was mind blowing back in 2005. But would kinda fall out of love with them again in 2013 with god of war ascension and comeback in 2018 when their PS4 line up killed it and have been pro sony mostly from the fact I don't have a large amount of time to dedicate to just gaming anymore and Sony seems to have the most consistent output and so I trust when I do game nowadays that they are the least likely to give me a shallow experience across the PS4/PS5 or their VR experiences and I am still trying to finish the backlog of first party PS Vita and PS4/VR games I have from missing them for almost a whole generation.

So I was a pro Nintendo fan that jumped on the Sony ship in the PS3, Left them for most of the 8th gen for WIi U and 3DS (Even tho I did have a Vita) and cameback in 2018

Last edited:

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
A little perspective I have on why I didn't like Sony at first is that:

Just Being a N64 kid from 97-02 (my family also got a gb pocket during this time like in 98ish)
then an GBA owner in may 2002 and a gamecube owner in the summer of 2002 (My family got a PS2 in Christmas 2002 but that was more of my older brothers system.)
Then a GBA SP owner in in christmas 2004
Then a DS owner in early 2005.

I can say from a Nintendo focused perspective it did suck when nobody in real life considered them legitimate. PS2 was the cool system cause of San Andreas

Xbox was the cool system cause of Halo. So I see why Nintendo fans probably arent too happy with Sony being so dominant from the mid 90s to 2006 when the PS3 disaster happened and they also brought microsoft with them to the console space.

As someone who never knew sega as a console manufacturer until like 2006 when I was looking up consoles on wikipedia I see lots of things from the past that point to dreamcast owners having bitterness at the PS2 taking off and sega running out of funds due to losing money on saturn and the gensis add-ons I believe. It doesn't help that back then the console wars were more petty, Sega literally ran an ad in a magazine mocking sony for the PS2 shortages so I can see why the consoles wars were so toxic in the 90s and 2000s when you actually had companies doing stuff like this publicly.

But for me I loved Sony in the PS3 era when I got one in 2008 and then seeing stuff like the PSP running GTA LCS was mind blowing back in 2005. But would kinda fall out of love with them again in 2013 with god of war ascension and comeback in 2018 when their PS4 line up killed it and have been pro sony mostly from the fact I don't have a large amount of time to dedicate to just gaming anymore and Sony seems to have the most consistent output and so I trust when I do game nowadays that they are the least likely to give me a shallow experience across the PS4/PS5 or their VR experiences and I am still trying to finish the backlog of first party PS Vita and PS4/VR games I have from missing them for almost a whole generation.

So I was a pro Nintendo fan that jumped on the Sony ship in the PS3, Left them for most of the 8th gen for WIi U and 3DS (Even tho I did have a Vita) and cameback in 2018
Just curious what made you skip original Wii?

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
My bad I forgot to add that in there, I got a Wii in either the last week of 2006 or the first week or maybe second week of 2007.
(y)
For me Wii was to much to bear, Nintendo went on my shit list.
I'm getting back to Nintendo games with Switch finally, but Wii is still not forgiven.

Reactions: nominedomine
OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
(y)
For me Wii was to much to bear, Nintendo went on my shit list.
I'm getting back to Nintendo games with Switch finally, but Wii is still not forgiven.
I loved the Wii with it's VC and thought it was cool it came with a game which they didn't do since the virtual boy. However it I did for the first time in a generation prioritize another system over Nintendo with the PS3. That was a wild generation and LittleBigPlanet 1 became one of my favorites of all time.

Reactions: PropellerEar

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
The tech you are talking isn't what I'm talking about. Reconstruction techniques aren't what I'm talking about. I gave a list of the rendering that I was talking about and those are the facts. Sony IPs don't make new techniques in rendering like other 3rd party developers do - and you guys are being disingenuous for not giving them props for it. This is what people complain about with the Sony fans.
Tech is tech.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Outside of Lognor and Craig, almost all the "xbox fanbase" on GAF are pretty chill. Riky has the patience of a saint to put up with all the shit thrown at him without becoming insulting or doing targeting posts towards any single member. DarkMage is one of the most well spoken members, he rarely engages in console war and mostly just replies to people who start it. If they were as rabid as the Sony fans there, they'd be getting banned in droves as well.

Again, it's self persecution on their part.

Took them long enough ;)

fish-fishing.gif
Xbox fanboy saying Xbox fanboys are chill 😂

D

Deleted member 13

IPs??? don't make new techniques but only 3rd party developers do.

What are you smoking?
I said new techniques in rendering. I'll name literally every single rendering technique and you tell me which one came from Sony first.

GI Light Probes
Tessellation
Ray-Casting Volume+Light smoke
True volume smoke
PBR materials
Full on RT lighting
RT reflections
Volume clouds using 2D planes
SSS for skin
Hair rendering and animation
Detailed texturing
True procedural texturing using texture synthesis
Nanite
Lumen
RT GI
Water fluid simulation with subsurface scattering of light volume
Relief Mapping

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 51

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
Inappropriate content
I said new techniques in rendering. I'll name literally every single rendering technique and you tell me which one came from Sony first.

GI Light Probes
Tessellation
Ray-Casting Volume+Light smoke
True volume smoke
PBR materials
Full on RT lighting
RT reflections
Volume clouds using 2D planes
SSS for skin
Hair rendering and animation
Detailed texturing
True procedural texturing using texture synthesis