For those that hate Sony, What made you feel the way you do about them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 13

But if we REALLY put fandom aside, and reallly analyse the games they put out, Sony is one of the most consistent publishers and first party devs there is, only rivaled by Nintendo. They consistently make games with top tier gameplay, huge technical prowess, amazing narratives, even the sound and OST have an extra care and you can feel it while playing them.
I have no problem agreeing with that. It's just that there are other 3rd party developers that do the same consistently as well. All the talent in gaming isn't locked up in Nintendo and Sony studios. CDPR, Rockstar, 4A Games (tech), Capcom, FromSoft and even some Indie developers (Asobo) are just a few devs that come to mind that produce just as good games, tech and talent and should be acknowledged for it by Sony fans.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I have no problem agreeing with that. It's just that there are other 3rd party developers that do the same consistently as well. All the talent in gaming isn't locked up in Nintendo and Sony studios. CDPR, Rockstar, 4A Games (tech), Capcom, FromSoft and even some Indie developers (Asobo) are just a few devs that come to mind that produce just as good games, tech and talent and should be acknowledged for it by Sony fans.

Name a third party that puts out a game every year from their developers that charts in the 80-90’s on a consistent basis?

Name a publisher that puts out games with the level of animation, art direction, sound design, and story almost every year?

Nintendo is really the only one who is comparable.

Rockstar has quality but they release a game once every gen. Red dead 2 was their last new game and that was 4-5 years ago.

Reactions: nominedomine

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
CDPR, what year is this?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
i just gave you a laundry list.

1. Sony came into the business as a multimedia company who used their proprietary CDs and DVDs to bully traditional gaming companies (Sega, Nintendo).

2. Sony's success took games away from Nintendo fans, and then got Sega cornered out of the market. (Sega and Sony kind of shot for the same market, adult gamers, where as nintendo was for more for kids-teens)

3. PS2 enjoyed immense success and got a disproportionate amount of 3rd party games, exclusives, and support.

4. PS3 launch is a travesty, $600, get a second job. Sony looks cocky. 360 emerges as a fierce competitor.

5. 360 and PS3 are pretty much 50/50.

6. Xbox gets embrassed in 2013. "This is how you share used games". SOny rubs their face in defeat, pissing off xbox fans.

7. 2015: Xbox gets extra scrutiny for Rise of the Tomb Raider. Xbox fans see a double standard in how they're treated. The idea of media bias begins.

8. 2013-now: PS is now more popular than xbox, no more 50/50 split. PS starts getting exclusives, xbox fans feel slighted.

9. Xbox gives everything to PC. PC users are happy they get everything from Xbox. PC users feel no more threat from Xbox, and focus all their hatred on Sony. This why forums like REEset, run by entitled PC gamers, have shepherded the idea that sony is anti-consumer for still making exclusives they can't play.

i think it makes sense.
Wait Xbox fans think there is a media bias against Xbox. The media would bury Sony if they were offering the same trash as Xbox.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
I don’t know… I still fell the PS++ and PS+++ not worth.
IMO I can buy a game that I really want to play instead to pay more for PS++ or PS+++.
Not with backwards compatability games not yet on the new PS4/PS5 PStore. Though I do believe I read something about Sony planning to honor those digital purchases. I guess I eagerly await the day when my PS3 digital copy of RE2 PS1 will drop into my game library.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
CDPR, Rockstar, 4A Games (tech), Capcom, FromSoft and even some Indie developers (Asobo) are just a few devs that come to mind that produce just as good games
And you think those developers don't get enough praise? What? From is the most talked about studio on the planet. Rockstar and CDPR released like 2 games in 15 years. What else can we say about them?

Sony constantly releases new games every year. We're not going to talk about GTAV instead.

P

peter42O

Personally, I like Sony and have been a fan of PlayStation since 1995. I don't hate or even dislike any gaming company. At worst, the companies that I don't care about or have any interest in, I simply ignore. I believe that every brand has their fans, fanboys and extremists with the extremists being the worst as those people believe that their shit is perfect, everyone else is evil, always defend their brand no matter what while always bashing the others no matter what and acting like the other side is worse when in reality, both sides are exactly the same but neither side have the balls to admit it.

As for Sega fans hating Sony, I was a Sega fan but preferred SNES over Genesis but did prefer Saturn over Nintendo 64 and Dreamcast over Gamecube and the original Xbox. Sony has been for the most part, dominant for 25+ years but they did have luck on their side with Nintendo dumping them and the SNES CD-Rom attachment and Sony turning it into PlayStation which Sony made all the right decisions at the time while Nintendo made all the wrong decisions at the time while Sega basically imploded from within. Sony simply was at the right place at the right time and they haven't looked back.

This generation, none of them have had a major or severe fuck up which is why all three are doing great overall. While Nintendo is of no real interest to me, Sony and Microsoft are being highly competitive and for the most part, evenly matched across the board which is great for someone like me who owns both consoles because I'll get more out of them throughout the generation.

Reactions: DarkMage619
D

Deleted member 13

Name a third party that puts out a game every year from their developers that charts in the 80-90’s on a consistent basis?
You are assuming that each game released by Sony is from the exact same company. That's not the case. None of the Sony companies release a game every year.

Name a publisher that puts out games with the level of animation, art direction, sound design, and story almost every year?

Nintendo is really the only one who is comparable.

Rockstar has quality but they release a game once every gen. Red dead 2 was their last new game and that was 4-5 years ago.
The games are staggered like most games are. You'll have SSM, then ND, then Insomniac, etc..

All I'm saying is that when a 3rd party developer does put out an awesome game, it should be recognized as superior to the currently released Sony game - and yet, it's not.

D

Deleted member 13

And you think those developers don't get enough praise? What? From is the most talked about studio on the planet. Rockstar and CDPR released like 2 games in 15 years. What else can we say about them?
They don't get enough praise from Sony fans. That's my point.

How many of you will admit that Elden Ring is going to be a better game than GoW: Rag or TLOU Remake and deserves GOTY?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 51

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Then again, some people still think Halo is relevant like it’s midnight launch in 2002. So maybe the average age of this forum is… 40
40 ish is the average age in a lot of developed countries.
C4XXgDGVUAAkI19.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: TubzGaming
P

peter42O

How many of you will admit that Elden Ring is going to be a better game than GoW: Rag or TLOU Remake and deserves GOTY?
Sony fan or not, this has more to do with which game appeals and interests each individual more. For me, God of War Ragnarok is my type of game and one that im very much looking forward to where as with Elden Ring, no interest at all.

• brain
Reactions: Sircaw

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022

1 - i honestly don't care for cdpr or r*... So I'm not sure why I should praise them more (rdr2 looks really great, are you happy?)

2 - I don't know what will think of GoW: rag, but I really don't like the controls in Elden Ring (maybe I will work out the time to get accustomed to them at some point, because I love how the exploration of the world works)... I don't see how a god of war game could at least not get the controls better, the rest remains to be seen.

I think your problem (and it is a problem) is that you don't understand that there are "Sony" gamers, like there are Nintendo gamers. They will never "admit" that astrobot on ps5 is better in many ways than any 3d Mario games, nor will they admit that Sonic all stars racing transformed is a million times better than all Mario Kart games combined! What a bunch of fools!

I'm not sure why you think people should be made to admit that sort of thing, it comes off as pretencious and it doesn't help your cause at all.

OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022

Well shit, I never played Elden Ring but even if I did shouldn't I try GOW out first before I decide which is the GOTY for 2022? But honestly I could not get into Bloodborne on PS4 and Demos Souls Remake was great even tho I didn't finish it but I don't really have the desire to try elden ring.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I simply noticed at a point that a lot of the time I actually spent playing was put on Sony or Sony associated games (with tons of exceptions).

So they earned my respect, I also have respect for Nintendo, but I don't like their games much anymore. I don't care for MS, even this I loved the og Xbox. I think that the Xbox only exists for MS to look cool for the kids.

I used to get all the consoles, but I don't bother anymore, PC + PS 5 it is.

@VFX_Veteran how did you become such an ardent Sony fan?

• thisistheway
Reactions: nominedomine

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
How do you know that already? Seems like you are the biased one and you give it away all the time.

Elden Ring is a huge sucess on PlayStation (like every From Software game since Demon's Souls) no reason for any Sony fan to have anything against it.

Saying that GoW Ragnarok doesn't stand a chamce at winning GoTY before it even releases is absurd.

Elden Ring is in my opinion a great game, an unbelivable achivement by From Software, but it still has massive flaws that start to become obvious mid to late game. If GoW Ragnarok improves on the first one it has a good shot.

Last edited:

Katajx

8 Jul 2022
I wouldn’t think many people hate Sony, maybe some figureheads like Jim Ryan, but it’s going to be the diehard fans that are hard to deal with. Not the company.

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
I wouldn’t think many people hate Sony, maybe some figureheads like Jim Ryan, but it’s going to be the diehard fans that are hard to deal with. Not the company.
Sounds like you hate Sony... you won't even admit that there are many Xbox and PC fans that hate Sony because of PlayStation.

Are there people who hate XBox too? Sure, there is me at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.