For those that hate Sony, What made you feel the way you do about them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
They don't get enough praise from Sony fans. That's my point.

How many of you will admit that Elden Ring is going to be a better game than GoW: Rag or TLOU Remake and deserves GOTY?
The same way you guys are already calling out "Sony fans" and declaring Elden Ring as the GOTY before TLOU or GOW are even released. Biased.

And it's weird to use Elden Ring because "Sony fans" love From games. It's basically a Sony franchise that started on PlayStation. I've never seen "Sony fans" shit on them.

Elden Ring is also very outdated graphically and technically so I'm not sure why you're using it to prove how superior it is from Sony first-party games.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Not to mention the worst soul game to date, as far as souls feel go.

Only one platform has the full Miyazaki dream:

Demon Souls old/remake
Dark Souls 1-3
Bloodborne
Sekiro
Elden Ring

We know. Still GOTY so far in my book but there are some games left to release this year, God of War being the big contender honestly. It won't take much to beat Elden Ring in my book. As long as God of War can execute and pace the story well like in 2018 it's in the bag. The combat is already superior, so are the graphics, animations, cinematics, overall tech.....

Last edited:

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
certainly the xbox was mistreated in 2013 and on. those early days were brutal to be an xbox owner. you were almost laughed out of the discussion.

I remember around 2017, the disparity in quality really started to show itself. MS was winding down support for Bone already, and PS4 was just about to hit its stride.

It was Horizon (winning GOTY awards), Nioh (former xbox exclusive developer), Nier (S-E, xbox fans thought were on their side after FF13), Yakuza 0 (Xbox fans love SEGA and now they were getting skipped), Resident Evil 7 VR exclusive and marketed with Sony (Xbox had marketing deals with RE5 and 6 actually), Mass Effect Andromeda marketed with Sony (former xbox exclusive dev), Destiny 2 marketed with Sony (Bungie flipped even, god damn). Oh, and of course their beloved Call of Duty 30-day map packs had already flipped sides, too.

i've never seen a more pissed off xbox fanbase than that year. they lost everything they cared about.

It was literally like a poor beggar looking at a spoiled rich kid. the hatred was intense, and has lasted ever since. it's the "Sony gets everything, and we get scraps" mentality. It's still continuing on to this day

Last edited:

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
oh, and who remembers this. i remember thinking this was absolutely absurd.

Modern warfare 1 remastered campaign launched 30 days early as a PS4 exclusive.

it was stuff like this, that really rubbed salt in the wounds, lol.

VG_Dave_2016-Jun-13-2.jpg

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
I don't hate Sony, I rather enjoy their games. However I detest their evangelical and completely delusional community.

They take a great platform and make it ugly merely on the back of their propaganda, lies, brown nosing and complete detachment from reality.

I only shit on PlayStation because of the people.

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz
OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
certainly the xbox was mistreated in 2013 and on. those early days were brutal to be an xbox owner. you were almost laughed out of the discussion.

I remember around 2017, the disparity in quality really started to show itself. MS was winding down support for Bone already, and PS4 was just about to hit its stride.

It was Horizon (winning GOTY awards, Nioh (former xbox exclusive developer), Nier (S-E, xbox fans thought were on their side after FF13), Yakuza 0 (Xbox fans love SEGA and now they were getting skipped), Resident Evil 7 VR exclusive and marketed with Sony (Xbox had marketing deals with RE5 and 6 actually), Mass Effect Andromeda marketed with Sony, Destiny 2 marketed with Sony.

i've never seen a more pissed off xbox fanbase than that year. they lost everything they cared about.

It was literally like a poor beggar looking at a spoiled rich kid. the hatred was intense, and has lasted ever since. it's the "Sony gets everything, and we get scraps" mentality.
I made the worst mistake getting an xbox one in July of 2016, then and 360 on October 1st, 2016 and an used xbox in Christmas that year since I never owned anything xbox and it was their 15 year anniversary that year. RE7's demos except for the last one being PS4 exclusive sucked, and then stuff like scalebound getting canned. Then The Xbox One X releasing with nothing and crackdown 3 getting delayed all the way to 2019. i won't make that mistake again

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bodycount611
OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
I don't hate Sony, I rather enjoy their games. However I detest their evangelical and completely delusional community.

They take a great platform and make it ugly merely on the back of their propaganda, lies, brown nosing and complete detachment from reality.

I only shit on PlayStation because of the people.
i wish you would do that with the xbox and nintendo community because boy do they spread some nonsense!

OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
They're tolerable because the amount of lunatics on their side is dialed back in comparison.
bruh your literally trying to turn my other thread asking which Japanese company came back better (Sony or Capcom) into a console war for no reason? does Capcom make consoles I don't know about?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: nominedomine

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
I made the worst mistake getting an xbox one in July of 2016, then and 360 on October 1st, 2016 and an used xbox in Christmas that year since I never owned anything xbox and it was their 15 year anniversary that year. RE7's demos except for the last one being PS4 exclusive sucked, and then stuff like scalebound getting canned. Then The Xbox One X releasing with nothing and crackdown 3 getting delayed all the way to 2019. i won't make that mistake again
yeah, believe it or not i was right there with you. i was a big 360 guy, but I saw the writing on the wall very quickly and 'Jumped Out' during the One's fumbles.

the people i'm really suspect of are the guys who've bought 3 or 4 more failed console revisions from microsoft after that, though. Didn't they see? How could you drop MORE money on a product like that? The lineup was gutter level trash, you were a second class citizen to developers, and Microsoft started giving the little crumbs and scraps you actually did have, for free away to PC gamers so they could lorde it all over you and make fun of you for owning an xbox.

Owning an Xbox is tantamount to gaming hell. You feel dirty and second class through and through. I understand the psychology of these guys very well, because i lived that reality for awhile myself. LOL. I see why they get so upset, but if you're still letting MS abuse you, you deserve the current situation, IMO.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
bruh your literally trying to turn my other thread asking which Japanese company came back better (Sony or Capcom) into a console war for no reason? does Capcom make consoles I don't know about?
I'm turning it into what you're trying to disguise. You don't want a conversation you want to talk at people. It's a validation thread, this isn't my first rodeo, son.

Reactions: DarkMage619
OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
I'm turning it into what you're trying to disguise. You don't want a conversation you want to talk at people. It's a validation thread.
talk at people about what? and how is it a validation thread? sounds more like your projecting your intentions of being on this site towards me because your too lazy making what ever threads you want

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
talk at people about what? and how is it a validation thread? sounds more like your projecting your intentions of being on this site towards me because your too lazy making what ever threads you want
It's the same with your dumb Resident Evil thread. You don't care what other people have to say you just want to reinforce your viewpoint and hope others do as well. Dude, you're not fooling me.

OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
It's the same with your dumb Resident Evil thread. You don't care what other people have to say you just want to reinforce your viewpoint and hope others do as well. Dude, you're not fooling me.
your right I'm not fooling you because your fooling yourself, think my resident evil thread is dumb fine, but you have the option to argue my points which you don't do because you know your so full of shit a toxic place like NeoGaf don't even want you

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
your right I'm not fooling you because your fooling yourself, think my resident evil thread is dumb fine, but you have the option to argue my points which you don't do because you know your so full of shit a toxic place like NeoGaf don't even want you
You can't argue with people like you, that's the point. You create topics with the pure intent of reinforcing your views while immediately dismissing the views of others even if they're actually correct or much more logically sound.

Why do you think I'm coming at you sideways right now? You're not worth trying to debate, and you may frame me as toxic and on the surface to simpletons that's correct, I come off that way.

However what I'm really doing is weeding out people such as yourself who are actually the toxicity on these forums and operate incognito.

I see you, don't act innocent because above all else you are certainly not.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Hating a corporate entity for any other reason than practices and greed is stupid.
Yeah and Microsoft is not greedy? Forget already what they tried within the launch of Xbox One?
And still offer the worst DRM. Microsoft got almost shattered by the government, but then this republican scumbag Bush saved their ass.

OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
You can't argue with people like you, that's the point. You create topics with the pure intent of reinforcing your views while immediately dismissing the views of others even if they're actually correct or much more logically sound.

Why do you think I'm coming at you sideways right now? You're not worth trying to debate, and you may frame me as toxic and on the surface to simpletons that's correct, I come off that way.

However what I'm really doing is weeding out people such as yourself who are actually the toxicity on these forums and operate incognito.

I see you, don't act innocent because above all else you are certainly not.
I won't act innocent because I don't need to. In my Resident Evil thread all I did was point out the top 10 selling Resident Evil Games.
I saw a few replies such as yours saying RE4 is a bad game or its not a resident evil evil game and I brought up my points of the matter.
You can't say I created that thread reinforcing my ideas when I just took the top selling RE games, broke down the plaforms and gave it to you in thread form. You came at me with your narratives and when I brought up counter points all of a sudden it's "I cAN't AgRUE WiTh PoEPLe LikE yoU!!!!"

Maybe you can't argue with people like me is because YOUR argument is the one done in bad faith but whatever. You don't have to reply to my threads or even look at them. Have a nice day

Reactions: Swift_Star

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
I won't act innocent because I don't need to. In my Resident Evil thread all I did was point out the top 10 selling Resident Evil Games.
I saw a few replies such as yours saying RE4 is a bad game or its not a resident evil evil game and I brought up my points of the matter.
You can't say I created that thread reinforcing my ideas when I just took the top selling RE games, broke down the plaforms and gave it to you in thread form. You came at me with your narratives and when I brought up counter points all of a sudden it's "I cAN't AgRUE WiTh PoEPLe LikE yoU!!!!"

Maybe you can't argue with people like me is because YOUR agreement is the one done in bad faith but whatever. You don't have to reply to my threads or even look at them. Have a nice day
I didn't need to argue with you, by the time I got back several people already shattered your bizarre Zelda and Mario posts, and guess what you did? You dismissed their much more logically sound arguments and continued hammering the same nonsense post after post.

That's what you do, you don't want to talk, you don't want to see another perspective, you want to be right and you want your viewpoint coddled. You create easy and shallow topics designed so you can feel right about something.

Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.