Forspoken did well in all regions apparently.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
You have to be joking right? A game doesn't need a sequel to be considered an IP. Sony owns the rights to Bloodborne whether it has a sequel or not. Sounds like you are just saying something for the sake of saying it to sound smart. Please stop, lol. A game is still an IP and someone owns rights to it, regardless if it has another game in the franchise or not.
Have fun with your "intellectual property", consoomer.

Yes, I heard lots of rumors on Bluepoint projects and both of them included a sequel too Bloodborne or a remaster. The sequel wouldn't make sense, I am sure Sony knows its better if From Software does it.
I'll take official statements that Bluepoint is doing its own project over your "I'm a game dev, I heard a rumor" any day.

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
Have fun with your "intellectual property", consoomer.

I'll take official statements that Bluepoint is doing its own project over your "I'm a game dev, I heard a rumor" any day.
I never claimed that I know something about Bluepoint over someone else. Also, I am not a developer, nor do I own a game studio. I was just saying what is being said on the internet and what people are speculating when it comes to Bluepoint.

I am also not the only person who told you that IP is an IP regardless. Other people gave you the literal definition of IP. Your not outsmarting anyone. If anything, you just made yourself sound even dumber. Instead of actually agreeing and coming in with terms of what the actual definition of an IP is lol. Continue to double down please, you sound smarter every time you post, that's for sure. It's entertaining.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I never claimed that I know something about Bluepoint over someone else. Also, I am not a developer, nor do I own a game studio. I was just saying what is being said on the internet and what people are speculating when it comes to Bluepoint.

I am also not the only person who told you that IP is an IP regardless. Other people gave you the literal definition of IP. Your not outsmarting anyone. If anything, you just made yourself sound even dumber. Instead of actually agreeing and coming in with terms of what the actual definition of an IP is lol.
While technically an IP its also a single fucking game. Just call it a game. I stand by my original point that you sound like a fool when you call a single game an IP. When people talk about IP in gaming discussions its usually about licensed titles.

• haha
Reactions: Elder Legend

Elder Legend

10 Jan 2023
While technically an IP its also a single fucking game. Just call it a game.
Are you really this butthurt over a fact? Tell me where the word and the definition of IP hurt you? The definition of an IP is not even an opinion. It's a simple fact.

That's like saying a person who is 5 foot 8 weighs 600 lbs is not obesse. Just call him chubby.

Go look in the mirror dude and go look up the definition of an IP. Why is it so hard for you to admit your wrong and just accept the fact?

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
… Luminous should be shuttered. Game is amateur hour across the board.

Even if it does some solid numbers. You can thank the strength of the Ps5 itself for that.

It’s a dumpster fire of cringe and shit gameplay. Godfall is better than this shit.

D

Deleted member 417

I hate Jim Ryan so much. The old Sony crew was far superior. Andrew House and Shawn Layden were so much better and the marketing didn't suck either.

I hear this a lot. There's no evidence to say Ryan is a bad guy or leading the PS5 down the wrong direction. He is overseeing another successful generation of Playstation while investing in new ideas and new games
Sony is starting to repeat mistakes of the PS3 era. Cocky and overly arrogant, if they keep this up then they will fall into their own demise. Just because your a marker leader doesn't mean you should keep people in the dark and take forever to communicate with your fanbase.
I prefer Sony's silence. It is much better to keep quiet and "let the games do the talking", than appear on Twtich, Tiktok, instagram and in any articles and interviews that will have you, just to spout bullshit month after month, year after year, with nothing to show for it.

Of the 3 big players, Microsoft are the only ones showing arrogance and cockiness.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
"did well"

- tanked on steam
- not in top 5 of NPD
- not even #1 PS5 game in Japan, where you'd 100% expect it to be.

For a very heavily budgeted and advertised AAA exclusive IP, it's pretty disappointing all things considered.

😬
For all the hate and bad press it got, it did well.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I hear this a lot. There's no evidence to say Ryan is a bad guy or leading the PS5 down the wrong direction. He is overseeing another successful generation of Playstation while investing in new ideas and new games

I prefer Sony's silence. It is much better to keep quiet and "let the games do the talking", than appear on Twtich, Tiktok, instagram and in any articles and interviews that will have you, just to spout bullshit month after month, year after year, with nothing to show for it.

Of the 3 big players, Microsoft are the only ones showing arrogance and cockiness.
Yeah, anyone comparing this to the ps3 gen is being ridiculously over dramatic .

• Shake
Reactions: Deleted member 417

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
For all the hate and bad press it got, it did well.

I don't think so.

It's already out of the top 10 in Japan just 1 week later.

This is a shockingly embarrassing turn of events for a Square Enix IP to not even get 5000 copies sold in its second reported sales week.

I expect it to be out of the top 50 in NPD next month and similar in Europe too.

It's just the initial volley of pre-orders.

Software:
1. [PS5] Hogwarts Legacy – 67,196 / NEW
2. [NSW] Pokemon Scarlet / Violet – 29,019 / 4,836,510
3. [NSW] Splatoon 3 – 13,343 / 3,876,184
4. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 11,807 / 5,153,979
5. [NSW] Minecraft – 7,566 / 3,040,308
6. [NSW] Fire Emblem Engage – 7,267 / 193,187
7. [NSW] Nintendo Switch Sports – 7,127 / 1,001,330
8. [NSW] Mario Party Superstars – 5,155 / 1,175,091
9. [PS5] Gran Turismo 7 – 5,065 / 280,995
10. [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 5,025 / 5,121,897

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Sony is starting to repeat mistakes of the PS3 era. Cocky and overly arrogant, if they keep this up then they will fall into their own demise. Just because your a marker leader doesn't mean you should keep people in the dark and take forever to communicate with your fanbase.
What mistakes are those? Offering a cheaper SKU, releasing banger after banger and making good third party temp exclusives with a few duds among those?
Nobody cares about this "arrogancy" BS. People want good games.
In a year with Spider-man 2, FFXVI and FFVII Rebirth, 86% of Hogwarts Legacy sales on PS5 you couldn't be any more wrong.

Elder Legend

10 Jan 2023
What mistakes are those? Offering a cheaper SKU, releasing banger after banger and making good third party temp exclusives with a few duds among those?
Nobody cares about this "arrogancy" BS. People want good games.
In a year with Spider-man 2, FFXVI and FFVII Rebirth, 86% of Hogwarts Legacy sales on PS5 you couldn't be any more wrong.
That's great and all but in the long term it's gonna start getting bad if they do not speak up. The silence is annoying, there is no hype anymore like there used to be in the PS4 era. Sony came of the hype of the PS2 and started getting arrogant and was taking forever to release new titles in the PS3 era. It was so bad that it almost killed their gaming division.

No big event last year. No new exciting game announcements for first party. They are literally being super hush hush about everything and it's getting old. I love my PS5, it's a fantastic machine but they need to start hyping me up a bit more frequently. It's 2 years into generation and will be 3 by end of this year.

I already finished Returnal, Demon's Souls, Horizon, God of War Ragnarok and Ratchet and Clank. The only exclusive games I didn't play was Spiderman (I can't stand the super hero) and GT7 not a racing sim fan. Yes, great games and all but they taking forever to show anything from Naughty Dog or Santa Monica's other project that Cory has been working on.

We've know about Wolverine, Spiderman 2, and upcoming TLOU Factions forever now and they refuse to do a big show like they used to in the older days. Also, where the fuck is Pragmata from Capcom? I am sure these will be great games (even if I don't like spiderman) but they taking to long to even show anything on them. CG trailers made sense at the time, but show a screenshot or a snippet or something by now.

I don't give a fuck about their sale numbers, that's not my money. I want too see executives get on stage (physical or digital) and give me a pep talk and have them show me the big guns that are coming. I was absolutely shocked there was no PlayStation showcase in 2022. That's absurdity and insane level of cockiness and arrogance. They keep this kind of communication up for a longer period of time and they'll start losing their customers. Absolutely fucked way to treat the fanbase, borderline insulting.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
They keep this kind of communication up for a longer period of time and they'll start losing their customers. Absolutely fucked way to treat the fanbase, borderline insulting.
I will say that their communication could be better but to say this is beyond ridiculous, they have been concentrating on what matters the most, giving their fanbase incredible games.

Have some grounding in your thought process, it looks really silly.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
That's great and all but in the long term it's gonna start getting bad if they do not speak up. The silence is annoying, there is no hype anymore like there used to be in the PS4 era. Sony came of the hype of the PS2 and started getting arrogant and was taking forever to release new titles in the PS3 era. It was so bad that it almost killed their gaming division.

PS4 first 2 years (AAA first-party):
  • Killzone Shadow Fall
  • Infamous Second Son
  • The Last of Us Remastered
  • Infamous First Light
  • Driveclub
  • The Order: 1886
  • Bloodborne
  • The Last of Us: Left Behind
  • Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
PS5 first 2 years (AAA first-party)
  • Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered
  • Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
  • Demon's Souls
  • Returnal
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
  • Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut
  • Ghost of Tsushima: Legends
  • Death Stranding Director's Cut
  • Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • The Last of Us Part I
  • God of War Ragnarök
No big event last year. No new exciting game announcements for first party. They are literally being super hush hush about everything and it's getting old. I like my PS5 but they need to start hyping me up a bit more frequently. It's 2 years into generation and will be 3 by end of this year.

Their marketing strategy is so bad that everytime they announce a new game it blows up on social media. Ragnarok sold 11M copies in a couple of months.

I already finished Returnal, Demon's Souls, Horizon, God of War Ragnarok and Ratchet and Clank. The only exclusive games I didn't play was Spiderman (I can't stand the super hero) and GT7 not a racing sim fan. Yes, great games and all but they taking forever to show anything from Naughty Dog or Santa Monica's other project that Cory has been working on.

That's a you problem. There's plenty other games from other developers to play.

We've know about Wolverine, Spiderman 2, and upcoming TLOU Factions forever now and they refuse to do a big show like they used to in the older days. Also, where the fuck is Pragmata from Capcom? I am sure these will be great games (even if I don't like spiderman) but they taking to long to even show anything on them. CG trailers made sense at the time, but show a screenshot or a snippet or something by now.

We also know about Death Stranding 2.

I don't give a fuck about their sale numbers, that's not my money. I want too see executives get on stage (physical or digital) and give me a pep talk and have them show me the big guns that are coming. I was absolutely shocked there was no PlayStation showcase in 2022. That's absurdity and insane level of cockiness and arrogance. They keep this kind of communication up for a longer period of time and they'll start losing their customers. Absolutely fucked way to treat the fanbase, borderline insulting.

Because you're not smart enough to realise that the more they sell, the more they can reinvest. As for losing customers, sure, you can clearly see that by their sales.

Now, do I like their current marketing strategy? No. Do I care? Also no. They've been announcing games closer and closer to release date, even Naughty Dog confirmed that one of the reasons is to help prevent crunch since the audience doesn't have a target date so early. Marvel has been adopting the same marketing strategy for a while - leave people waiting until ready to show, profit. It works. Apple, for example, announces their new phones on the day they go on sale. This is nothing new.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Ah ok, so we actually have data to prove the opposite of what you are supposing. Thank you for confirming.

If that's the conclusion you want to try to make yourself feel better, have at it hoss 💚

But factually, less than 5000 people bought Forspoken in its second week in Japan.

That, kids, is what you call a bomba.