Forspoken did well in all regions apparently.

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
If that's the conclusion you want to try to make yourself feel better, have at it hoss 💚

But factually, less than 5000 people bought Forspoken in its second week in Japan.

That, kids, is what you call a bomba.
I am pretty sure it sold poorly in Japan because it was a game catered towards the West and was made to also please the delusional westernized culture and that doesn't really fit the Japanese culture.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
If that's the conclusion you want to try to make yourself feel better, have at it hoss 💚

Nah the fact that I'm enjoying the game is what makes me feel better.

But factually, less than 5000 people bought Forspoken in its second week in Japan.

Correct, regarding physical data (although it might be 5024 sales, but we will never know), and therefore not including PC.

That, kids, is what you call a bomba.

How do you call a game which hasn't charted in any sales charts at all?

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
How do you call a game which hasn't charted in any sales charts at all?

Depends, is the game on a highly sought after and played gaming service on day 1 where more people have played it ?

Or is it only available at retail and no other means ?

You'll be able to derive your answer based on the above.

I am pretty sure it sold poorly in Japan because it was a game catered towards the West and was made to also please the delusional westernized culture and that doesn't really fit the Japanese culture.

I expect it to by nowhere in the NPD charts next month either.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Depends, is the game on a highly sought after and played gaming service on day 1 where more people have played it ?

Or is it only available at retail and no other means ?

You'll be able to derive your answer based on the above.

I expect it to by nowhere in the NPD charts next month either.

Dance Dancing GIF by AFV Pets

D

Deleted member 417

No, but we can say with certainty that a lot more people played, and enjoyed, it more. 🥳

🤷‍♂️
I don't give a shit either way about either game, but you spreading bullshit is entertaining to call out.

How can you say for certainty that more people played it and/or enjoyed it?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I don't give a shit either way about either game, but you spreading bullshit is entertaining to call out.

STOP! He will show you again the same things which prove the opposite of what he says, but will continue arguing for the sake of looking like a fool.

not listening stephen colbert GIF

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022

played = based on available tracking data and the absolute numbers to derive.
enjoyed = i mean, come on, do I even need to address this :ROFLMAO: just look at the general reception of either game

Elder Legend

10 Jan 2023
You really don't have to spin so fast to try and defend a bomba that sold less than 5K in its home region 😬

Like I said:

No, but we can say with certainty that a lot more people played, and enjoyed, it more. 🥳

🤷‍♂️
I never understood why people worry so much about any of the companies sales. None of any companies give a shit about then anyways, theyre just out there to make money

The fanbase acts like that money is going to directly to their pockets and that it changes their lives financially on daily basis. Quite amusing.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: adamsapple
D

Deleted member 417

played = based on available tracking data and the absolute numbers to derive.

Define played. Downloaded it and the turned it off? Played it for 5 minutes, 5 hours?
enjoyed = i mean, come on, do I even need to address this :ROFLMAO: just look at the general reception of either game
Yes. Please show me a reliable metric of how many people enjoyed the game, backed up by data and definition of enjoyed.

To everyone else:

I don't take this clown seriously and rip into him regularly on gaf. Just say the word and I'll stop [stop he's already dead]

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
I never understood why people worry so much about any of the companies sales. None of any companies give a shit about then anyways, theyre just out there to make money

The fanbase acts like that money is going to directly to their pockets and that it changes their lives financially on daily basis. Quite amusing.

True, true.

When better games like Hi-Fi rush are more readily available on easily accessible services, why would you even want to spend $70 on mediocre trash like Forspoken.

Define played. Downloaded it and the turned it off? Played it for 5 minutes, 5 hours?

Yes. Please show me a reliable metric of how many people enjoyed the game, backed up by data and definition of enjoyed.

To everyone else:

I don't take this clown seriously and rip into him regularly on gaf. Just say the word and I'll stop [stop he's already dead]

To humor your candy ass, since you're not going to take the critical reviews, you can look at user reviews.

Since you're not going to take the trophy tracking, just look at how many people are playing either game on steam right now despite one being available for 'free' on game pass.

For someone who doesn't give a shit about either game or take 'this clown seriously' you're coming in very hot trying to defend the flop on your preferred plastic box my man :ROFLMAO:

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023

It's also really annoying when there are those that desperately hope that everything associated with Playstation fails simply because they're a fan of a rival platform.

D

Deleted member 417

For someone who doesn't give a shit about either game or take 'this clown seriously' you're coming in very hot trying to defend the flop on your preferred plastic box my man :ROFLMAO:
I've said before Hi-Fi rush looks like a quality game, stop calling it a flop. I prefer xbox over Sony and Excellence over allegiances.

So about that data...?

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

To everyone else:

I don’t know why he doesn’t just stick to GAF full-time and let those guys clown on him instead of us. He’d at least have a friend or two there. Maybe. Possibly. Hopefully.

• thisistheway
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Elder Legend

10 Jan 2023
It's also really annoying when there are those that desperately hope that everything associated with Playstation fails simply because they're a fan of a rival platform.
I agree with this, but do you honestly dont believe there are people on here that really wish for Microsoft to disappear from the gaming space? This forum is much much more anti-xbox and anti-pc than anything else.

I mean, you have a person on this forum who I won't name who hates PC gamers and believes they are affecting the gaming space negatively And tuining the hobby for him. The dude is delusional and went off the deep end. His lost.

Both companies have their issues, but as a true gamer I own everything, so I don't miss out. I love my Game Pass and I love my God of War, TLOU and whatever else. Win/Win.

Anyone who wishes for Sony or Microsoft to fail can kindly fuck off and is not a fucking gamer. So to whoever disagrees with this statement, go fuck yourself lol. Fake gamer. (No, this is not directed at Ashhunter, just a general statement)

Last edited:
  • haha

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
It's also really annoying when there are those that hope that everything associated with Playstation fails simply because they're a fan of a rival platform.

Forspoken is a Square Enix game, why are you associating it with Sony and them failing.

Relax lol

I've said before Hi-Fi rush looks like a quality game, stop calling it a flop. I prefer xbox over Sony and Excellence over allegiances.

and I'm a Nintendo ambassador 🥳

So about that data...?

It's all there, steam spy, aggregate review sites, you just need to be willing to come out of the warrior shell to see it.

I don’t know why he doesn’t just stick to GAF full-time and let those guys clown on him instead of us. He’d at least have a friend or two there. Maybe. Possibly. Hopefully.

Me leaving here won't make Forspoken a better game sadly :(

I agree with this, but do you honestly dont believe there are people on here that really wish for Microsoft to disappear from the gaming space? This forum is much much more anti-xbox and anti-pc than anything else.

Understatement of the year, my friend.

• haha