Forspoken is getting meme'd on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
It wouldn't matter to me what the sex or the race of the character is. Tbh I don't even care that much about characters or story. I can more about gameplay, graphics, level design, etc... it's a game afterall not a movie.
Why are you talking incels then? Either people like the gameplay or they don't. And those trailers make it difficult to form an opinion until the game is out.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Good th
Why are you talking incels then? Either people like the gameplay or they don't. And those trailers make it difficult to form an opinion until the game is out

Further on this…

I mean doesn’t look interesting to me. So it’s off the radar. Simple as that. Has little to do with the main character. Didn’t even see the cheesy dialogue trailer so don’t care… I mean anyone play FF7r? Cheesy delivery and bad dialogue across the board. We should expect that from square always (I’m still on board for FF16 saving the company)

I mean slam it go ahead. But it would be for the same reasons I did FF7r. It’s by the numbers popcorn square. And chasing open world trends. Yawn

It’s all too early to tell but it’s no different than being hyped for it instead. You don’t know. It’s just media hype.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oogabooga

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
There inevitably are people that are taking a sledgehammer to things they perceive as overly woke, each and every actions results in an equal and opposite reaction. Can’t do much about the over board nonsense from the culture war - but you and others like you are the problem.
There is some media being aggressively reformed for the sake of identity politics, and one can tell which. This game, however, has nothing to do with it.

Reactions: Shmunter

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
Where’s the black woman protagonist in The Last of Us 2 to be so hated yet the same audience love Horizon and Miles? It doesn’t add up does it.

There inevitably are people that are taking a sledgehammer to things they perceive as overly woke, each and every actions results in an equal and opposite reaction. Can’t do much about the over board nonsense from the culture war - but you and others like you are the problem.

A black woman character in on itself is not woke, that’s not the argument - the character simply sucks. Even progressive outlets like Kotaku agree, you have no allies in your hair brained crusade, you’ve gone off the deep end.
Here is some threads that are pointing out the racisim. you just can't accept racism also exists in gaming. The same incels who attacked the last of us 2 and called it "woke" are the same ones calling this game "woke" for having a black female protagonist.

We haven't even seen much of the game that explains the overwhelming negativity. The only legit criticism was the frame rate, but I'm sure it will be fixed by the time this game is being released.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Some woke criticisms in media can be valid but you also have the option of not consuming that media. So no doubt there are haters but every product has drive by haters with both valid and garbage criticisms. I mean so? Proof is in the pudding and a good game is not held back by such things.

Prey is a good example. You’ll see haters but pound for pound I can’t agree at all there and I’m as cynical as it comes with Hollywood pseudo remakes and Disney being creatively bankrupt… But it was great

Yossarian

15 Jul 2022
T
Here is some threads that are pointing out the racisim. you just can't accept racism also exists in gaming. The same incels who attacked the last of us 2 and called it "woke" are the same ones calling this game "woke" for having a black female protagonist.

We haven't even seen much of the game that explains the overwhelming negativity. The only legit criticism was the frame rate, but I'm sure it will be fixed by the time this game is being released.

I see what you are getting at, and yes, there will be some people who don't buy the game because it has a black lead. The thing Shmunter and some other people are saying is the game is shit anyway, regardless of black lead or not.

The difference between Forspoken and DMC is that DMC is cringekino, whereas Forspoken is just cringe. That being said, I will probably buy the game, because I recently started to enjoy open world action adventure games. The only reason I wouldn't buy it is if it is complete garbage

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
T

I see what you are getting at, and yes, there will be some people who don't buy the game because it has a black lead. The thing Shmunter and some other people are saying is the game is shit anyway, regardless of black lead or not.

The difference between Forspoken and DMC is that DMC is cringekino, whereas Forspoken is just cringe. That being said, I will probably buy the game, because I recently started to enjoy open world action adventure games. The only reason I wouldn't buy it is if it is complete garbage
I mean yeah, there is nothing wrong with that. Sometimes I'm like, yeah this game looks boring, I don't like the gameplay or it's not for me, etc... but in this case it's different. people are litterally boycotting the game for being "woke" because the protagonist is a black female, that's why they are nitpicking. Think of the last of us 2 oh "Abby is ripped" or oh "Aloy is ugly". it's stupid and overblown out of proportions.

Reactions: Yossarian

Yossarian

15 Jul 2022
I mean yeah, there is nothing wrong with that. Sometimes I'm like, yeah this game looks boring, I don't like the gameplay or it's not for me, etc... but in this case it's different. people are litterally boycotting the game for being "woke" because the protagonist is a black female, that's why they are nitpicking. Think of the last of us 2 oh "Abby is ripped" or oh "Aloy is ugly". it's stupid and overblown out of proportions.
Fair enough mate, it's getting late here and I have a headache. Have a good night

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022

Where’s the negativity based on gender and race, you’ve posted people claiming negativity. Show me the negativity, otherwise it’s a fantasy land circle jerk.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Why are you talking incels then? Either people like the gameplay or they don't. And those trailers make it difficult to form an opinion until the game is out.
He even called a member racist. That’s when I don’t cut back with garbage like that.

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
Where’s the negativity based on gender and race, you’ve posted people claiming negativity. Show me the negativity, otherwise it’s a fantasy land circle jerk.
Bruh i swear, you are way more cringe than that dialogue 😹 there is really nothing wrong with it.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Bruh i swear, you are way more cringe than that dialogue 😹 there is really nothing wrong with it.
You label members of the site incels, you personally insult a member calling him racist. How are you still here?

BloodMod

Fear the Old Blood
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
@Shmunter @Oogabooga tone that down a notch.

May I kindly remind everyone that grievances or innapropriate content should be reported via the "report" button.

Status
Not open for further replies.