Fully playable Wolverine PC build circulating 😬😥😥 PhD plus DMCA notices to ppl who downloaded.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I'm looking out for what's in the best interests of myself as a gamer, and the brand's bread-and-butter, the console, as well as the software they excel at and variety.
The people at PlayStation believe their bread and butter is under "Massive Threat" from Xbox's acquisition of Activision. They believe their services are "already dated and behind the competition". This is why they are aggressively correcting.

XqQHsgZ8tQX5NRCFkxnCq-1024-80.jpg

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
The people at PlayStation believe their bread and butter is under "Massive Threat" from Xbox's acquisition of Activision. They believe their services are "already dated and behind the competition". This is why they are aggressively correcting.

Oh you mean the fake slides that the leakers themselves admitted were fake?

Reactions: Diah

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Oh you mean the fake slides that the leakers themselves admitted were fake?
No I mean the genuine leaked slides that have been reported on by credible outlets such as this:

If you can substantiate your claim that the leakers themselves admitted the material is fake (weird flex for a ransom), I'm interested in seeing that.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

They should be worried. Spending money is all MS knows how to do. Mind bankruptcy.

I was nervous too when Activision was announced. I went to the bathroom twice that day. I still remember 😥

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
For the billionth time, those slides are not real. It’s using the same background from the Insomniac slides about Spider-Man.

Just because there’s articles about it doesn’t make it any more real. Especially the likes of eurogamer who’s one of the sites that bask in PlayStation FUD.

Green rats and PC mustard race keep using that slide as some kind of confirmation of their fantasies about PlayStation being in trouble.

It’s not a coincidence that it was green rats that found that slide and started sharing it around.

Last edited:

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
No I mean the genuine leaked slides that have been reported on by credible outlets such as this:

If you can substantiate your claim that the leakers themselves admitted the material is fake (weird flex for a ransom), I'm interested in seeing that.
Someone admitted to it on a discord server. Well known for faking shit too. No direct link to the actual discord but maybe you can google some info? Might be some stuff on some obscure forums.

Besides, the slides make no sense. "Day and date threat"? MS' ecosystem dominance? The same one that has tens of millions of fewer subs than Plus, and that's after the gold conversion to GP core?

It doesn't seem professionally written. The wording's off.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Someone admitted to it on a discord server. Well known for faking shit too. No direct link to the actual discord but maybe you can google some info? Might be some stuff on some obscure forums.

Besides, the slides make no sense. "Day and date threat"? MS' ecosystem dominance? The same one that has tens of millions of fewer subs than Plus, and that's after the gold conversion to GP core?

It doesn't seem professionally written. The wording's off.
I googled, I found shit. I think I'll take eurogamer's credibility over "someone admitted to it on a discord".

Reactions: Johnic

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
For the billionth time, those slides are not real. It’s using the same background from the Insomniac slides about Spider-Man.

Just because there’s articles about it doesn’t make it any more real. Especially the likes of eurogamer who’s one of the sites that bask in PlayStation FUD.

Green rats and PC mustard race keep using that slide as some kind of confirmation of their fantasies about PlayStation being in trouble.
Seems like if they weren't real, they wouldn't be bundled in a trove of 100% real material. Is the Wolverine gameplay fake too?

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I mean why is this concern out of the Realm? And what does it matter? Alot of ppl didn't want the acquisition to happen for various reasons, neither did Sony so idg the concern whether the slides are real or not Sony would and should definitely think about the ramifications. It's like when Microsoft had internal slides with TLOU on them and how they wanted to make games that mimic that because how Sony is killing it in tht genre.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022

You realize what a thought experiment is, right? That's what the entire slide is for. They're pontificating on possible issues and running through a list of solutions. The last section of the 2nd slide gives you their answer to the perceived threats. "Premium sales model is the central approach".

The 'Leapfrog' part is already partially answered; they're doing mobile-centric partnerships and there's a revamped PS+ for PC (and other devices). None of that means the Day 1 PC ports of traditional 1P games you've been salivating over, though.

Also these slides were written by a person within SIE (I guess from the Insomniac studio) presenting their thoughts to other members of SIE and Sony; this is NOT something written by the CEO or BoD of SIE or Sony, so its existence doesn't confirm their agreement with what's presented. Additionally everything in these slides centered on the idea of COD leaving PS platforms in 2027...which is no longer the case.

So essentially, everything in them is based on an outdated scenario that never came to pass. You played yourself.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
You realize what a thought experiment is, right? That's what the entire slide is for. They're pontificating on possible issues and running through a list of solutions. The last section of the 2nd slide gives you their answer to the perceived threats. "Premium sales model is the central approach".

The 'Leapfrog' part is already partially answered; they're doing mobile-centric partnerships and there's a revamped PS+ for PC (and other devices). None of that means the Day 1 PC ports of traditional 1P games you've been salivating over, though.

Also these slides were written by a person within SIE (I guess from the Insomniac studio) presenting their thoughts to other members of SIE and Sony; this is NOT something written by the CEO or BoD of SIE or Sony, so its existence doesn't confirm their agreement with what's presented. Additionally everything in these slides centered on the idea of COD leaving PS platforms in 2027...which is no longer the case.

So essentially, everything in them is based on an outdated scenario that never came to pass. You played yourself.
I never said it meant day 1 ports, not sure where you got that. Is it a genuine "thought experiment" or an admitted fraudulent document? Seems like a big difference.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022

Why would an Insomniac employee write that? What is that level of businesses discussion about PlayStation doing at Insomniac?

It’s using a slide from Insomniac because it’s not authentic. It doesn’t make any sense otherwise.

Last edited:

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Why would an Insomniac employee write that? What is that level of businesses discussion about PlayStation doing at Insomniac?

It’s using a slide from Insomniac because it’s not authentic. It doesn’t make any sense otherwise.
whole paragraph with leapfrog etc.. sounds more like what m$ and xbot morons would use, not normal people. never ever seen Sony use any similar language. that section completely looks made up.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

People inside companies have different opinions, and sometimes they debate, discuss or argue about different topics, as could be for product managers/marketing people to analyze potential market opportunities or threats, specially when planning games to be released around 10 years in the future.

They have to evaluate any potential case, even if dumb or apparently unlikely. And well, there's people who make dumb and totally wrong takes, even from super popular and experienced people including industry legends. I think these slides were fake, but I could see them being real and then I can also see people in the meeting laughing at whoever wrote it.

Specially when seeing dumb stuff like "Sony's pillars are dated and behind the competition" when Sony is dominating MS in every area, and particularly in game subs. Something that any Insomniac people who would participate in a meeting about this topic should know.

• Informative
Reactions: On Demand

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Yeah the behind the competition point definitely doesn’t make any sense. Even cloud streaming Sony is doing better than MS at by a large mile.

Insomniac executives making the slide as a form of contemplating out loud discussion I guess is a possibility. For me though it’s simply Occam's razor to see why that kind of slide with ridiculous wording is there.