Future PlayStation will not be the PlayStation you know and Love today. The brand is changing. You're either on board or out!

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Capcom still has Monster Hunter World 2 to drop.

That game would still be dominant if they kept making content. Next one is gonna be twice as succesful no doubt whatsoever. Hyped for that one and they’re probably gonna take it more down the mmo route and everything it needs is already there. It’s gonna be a juggernaut.

Doesn’t even need to be announced. You know it’s coming and gonna be one of the biggest games ever… 🤣

Many years will be Capcom’s. Best Japanese company in the industry. You read that correctly.

I'm not talking monster Hunter world though........

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Yup! PS3 era Playstation was the best with this. They had both. It's a shame they abandoned this mentality and relinquished all the online activities to 3rd party which was very short sighted. I'm sure they are kicking themselves for letting Rocket League devs go.
I hate that Epic Games is getting into publishing at all, and they own the studio who makes my most played game :/

It's not like Playstation was betraying singleplayer-only people in the PS3 era. God of War 3 was arguably even more cutting edge for its day than the Norse games. The Posidon battle is still probably the most insane thing they've ever done. Uncharted 1-3. Killzone 2/3. Heavenly Sword. The Fucking Last of Us. Sony was a bit more innovative and hungry in this period. The PS4 era has amazing games, and very consistent quality, but it's a bit HBO Prestige Drama across the board. Lots of *guided* open world. Lots of 3rd person over the shoulder.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
God of War 3 was arguably even more cutting edge for its day than the Norse games.

steve-buscemi-big-daddy.gif

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Capcom still has Monster Hunter World 2 to drop.
In theory the new Onimusha should be released -so I assume announced- before than Monster Hunter 6 (at least World 2 is codenamed like that inside). Also, next year is the 20th Monster Hunter anniversary.

We also have to remember that there are shit ton of promising 3rd party games. Like all those Yakuza games, SF6, FFXVI, Pragmata, Rise of the Ronin, FFVII Rebirth and a ton more, probably including Persona, Dragon Quest XII or Jet Set Radio, and obviously many multis like MK, Tekken and so on.

2023 and 2024 (and the future years) are going to be full of stunning games. These fear mongering haters must hate not only Sony, but also videogames if they really are worried.

Last edited:

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
😂
If it dont say PlayStation on the box, i dont give a fuck.
PS for life

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
-PlayStation players pay for online while PC players don't.
-PlayStation can't run PC exclusives, Xbox games or emulators (the PC actually plays more PlayStation games than the PS5)
-PlayStation games are released on PC at a cheaper price than what they charge console players on release.
-There is no portable PlayStation anymore while there are multiple options for portable PCs.
-PlayStation games are now being developed to also run on PC, taking away the incentive PlayStation games had to take advantage of a single spec.

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
-PlayStation players pay for online while PC players don't.
-PlayStation can't run PC exclusives, Xbox games or emulators (the PC actually plays more PlayStation games than the PS5)
-PlayStation games are released on PC at a cheaper price than what they charge console players on release.
-There is no portable PlayStation anymore while there are multiple options for portable PCs.
-PlayStation games are now being developed to also run on PC, taking away the incentive PlayStation games had to take advantage of a single spec.
Just go buy yourself a PC then and let everyone else be happy, ya gloomy gus.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Sony will eat some shit and comeback to things the right way. They won't be different from Capcom and Square Enix.

So, I don't think I will be out. Eventually things will balance out. The market and thr fans will determine where Sony goes regardless of what Jimbo wants

• fire
Reactions: Muddasar

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
If Sony's GaaS initiative is anything like the TLOU PC debacle or even Horizon PC pre patches, we could see the gamer/media backlash be disastrous. We saw how bad people were lashing TLOU PC port online and in the media, thankfully it sold like shit so it didn't effect their console image too much.But with their recent slate of GaaS games releasing Day 1 on PC, a disaster of that level on PC could taint the image of the game on other platforms as well as Sony as a whole. As we know most content creators and twitch streamers will be playing from PC, where potentially millions of people will decide if Playstation's GaaS games flop or not.

Sony needs to be careful, because big AAA singleplayer games allowed them to build the blockbuster games brand that they have now, and using unproven startups for their GaaS initiative is exactly what they did with Lucid Games and the flop that was destruction all stars, which I think most people but myself has forgotten existed.

360_F_518076374_r4i7CenCR1oDsvSbVQGqbWYNeErCZaq5.jpg

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
I'm not that worried about the quality. I'm more concerned with them never knowing how to make their multiplayers successful. I'm sure they will be some of the most polished on the market as was their previous Multiplayer games from last gen and PS3.