21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
PlayStation MU counts PSN Users - 106m+
Xbox MU counts Windows PC / Phone / Xbox / TV app, - 120m

PlayStation Plus, Extra, Premium - 47m
Xbox GamePass - 25m

So you say because PS added the 3 million? PS Now subscriptions and that brings it to 47m
If PS has 47 million combined over 106+ Million active PSN users
What is the split for Xbox?
25 million +?
I am willing to bet most if not all people that have GamePass already upgraded to GP / Ultimate so that would be 0 + 0 = 25 million still

XBOX LIVE GOLD​
USDGBPEUR
1 month$9.99£6.99€6.99
3 months$24.99£17.99€19.99
12 months*$59.99£49.99€59.99
Game-Pass
The standard console-only version of Games Pass costs $9.99/£7.99 a month.
Xbox Games Pass Ultimate is priced at $14.99/£10.99 a month.
I am not sure if anyone on Gold can look at the prices and think hmm maybe i will just stick with Gold.
Or would they think hmm its only a small increase in cost and it includes everything why not.
You also have to take into account the $1 deal they had going for the last few years, Get gold for 3 years upgrade for a $1

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: AniWeeb

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Xbox Live has over 120 million MAU, Live Gold is easily around 50 million or above.
You are an idiot.

Sony with PS4 + PS5 (about 150m consoles) has less than 50m subs.

MS with less than 70m Xbox One + Series has more than 50m Gold subscribers while converting from Gold to Gamepass Ultimate cost 1$? Wake the fuck up.

Gold has laughable value and is an embarrassment for MS. Just look at how MS treats Game with Gold, there is barely anyone on Gold at this point and that is why MS hides the numbers.

alienwithin

7 Apr 2023
PlayStation MU counts PSN Users - 106m+
Xbox MU counts Windows PC / Phone / Xbox / TV app, - 120m
psn users are also on PC and mobile. to play on PS Now on PC you need a psn account, to remote play with phone you also need psn
PlayStation Plus, Extra, Premium - 47m
Xbox GamePass - 25m
again making the mistake of counting PS+ as a whole 1 service while the only Multi-Game Service equivalent to GamePass is PS Now which had 3 million subs as of June 2022. the essential tier is not a Multi-game service it's a multiplayer paywall. aka does not offer a library of games.
So you say because PS added the 3 million? PS Now subscriptions and that brings it to 47m
no I'm saying the real MGS PS Now subscription has only 3 million subs or above. while the 44 million is for multiplayer paywall PS+. the chances that all those ps now subs have upgraded to Extra+Premium during the last 9 months is an insane thing to say.
Sony themselves said: "PS Plus tiers are lacking behind Game pass" "Game pass significantly leads PS+" cause they were comparing the Multi-Game services subscriptions/tiers not multiplayer paywalls

alienwithin

7 Apr 2023
You are an idiot.

Sony with PS4 + PS5 (about 150m consoles) has less than 50m subs.

MS with less than 70m Xbox One + Series has more than 50m Gold subscribers while converting from Gold to Gamepass Ultimate cost 1$? Wake the fuck up.

Gold has laughable value and is an embarrassment for MS. Just look at how MS treats Game with Gold, there is barely anyone on Gold at this point and that is why MS hides the numbers.
Sony: "Microsoft already has a substantial lead in Multi-Game Subscription services", "GamePass leads PlayStation plus significantly", "the Multi-game subscription tiers of PlayStation Plus considerably lag with only [redacted] % of total subscribers".

ya know why? cause 44 million subs are not subbed to the Multi-Game Subscription tiers. aka +3 million PS+ subs VS +25 million GamePass subs.

VillaiN

Veteran
10 Feb 2023
Sony: "Microsoft already has a substantial lead in Multi-Game Subscription services", "GamePass leads PlayStation plus significantly", "the Multi-game subscription tiers of PlayStation Plus considerably lag with only [redacted] % of total subscribers".

ya know why? cause 44 million subs are not subbed to the Multi-Game Subscription tiers. aka +3 million PS+ subs VS +25 million GamePass subs.
U have no clue what re numbers for extra, premium. So cut the crap or trolling. 44M re not subed? Again u know sub ratios how? Sony ll say anything in AB case to make themself weak just like ms s doing with their shills. Even that ps cant survive without cod when cod respresent 1% of ps revenue.

Ps + s single service. Live and gp re diffdrent services. And what re u trying to prove here apart from shilling for trillion corporation? Dont worry, no1 ll steal your favourite toy.

There s only 1 company whos hidding or spining numbers. That company:
Hides hardware numbers
Hide software numbers
Hide live numbers
Hide xbox division loses
Hide exclusive sales numbers

And they have reason why re they doing it.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nhomnhom

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Before we dump on this guy's numbers it's important to note that it's quite possible for xbox to have a higher ratio of gold subscriptions because xbox attracts more bro shooter multiplayer types, due to a severe lack of high quality single player content. That said I'd think a good number of those were already converted over to gamepass, so I highly doubt the gold numbers are above 40m, quite possibly below 30m by now.

• fire
Reactions: Swift_Star

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I am aware of MSX and its weird cross-shaped direction pad. Its not really a gaming system any more than DOS or Windows is, though. Which is to say that games are on it, but that wasn't the main point.

I also clicked your link on Microsoft's published games and, yeah, its hardly the stellar lineup you think it is, lots of Flight Sim, lots of Entertainment Pack games getting their own, seperate, entries (bad form, Wikipedia,) lots of golf and, admittedly, a healthy third party publishing arm with a few select hits especially in the late 90s/early 2000s (Age of Empires, Zoo Tycoon, Outriders.) It probably would have been enough, with AoE and Halo:CE, to launch a Steam competitor but hindsight is 20/20. Same as how Nintendo or Sony "should" have launched Smartphones but it ended up being Apple instead and AOL "should" have become the social network that Facebook did.
The point wasn't if you like or not their games or the games of their platforms. The point is that they made a lot of games before Xbox and gaming platforms like MSX, MSDOS and Windows that have been key for gaming, unlike Xbox.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Xbox Live has over 120 million MAU, Live Gold is easily around 50 million or above.
No, because most of these 120M MAU are Minecraft players on mobile or people in PC who didn't disable the Xbox app that automatically boots with Windows.

Most of them aren't console players, something you can easily see knowing that there are way less consoles sold. Can't be 50M Gold subs active when pretty likely there aren't that number of consoles active.

During this and the previous gen PS sold twice than Xbox, and they have twice the game subs. Having $1 trial and $1 upgrade to GPU doesn't make sense to pay for Gold. Most of the Gold subbers are now GPU subbers, almost nobody should have Gold alone now.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Before we dump on this guy's numbers it's important to note that it's quite possible for xbox to have a higher ratio of gold subscriptions because xbox attracts more bro shooter multiplayer types,
No, all the known platform splits for popular console MP games or of their publishers favor PS over Xbox by far. That includes games like CoD, Fortnite, GTA, Apex Legends, FIFA or Fortnite.

PS Plus (what is known today as PS Plus Essential) has been a multi game subscription since 2010, three years before Games with Gold or GP existed.

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
U have no clue what re numbers for extra, premium. So cut the crap or trolling. 44M re not subed? Again u know sub ratios how? Sony ll say anything in AB case to make themself weak just like ms s doing with their shills. Even that ps cant survive without cod when cod respresent 1% of ps revenue.

Ps + s single service. Live and gp re diffdrent services. And what re u trying to prove here apart from shilling for trillion corporation? Dont worry, no1 ll steal your favourite toy.

There s only 1 company whos hidding or spining numbers. That company:
Hides hardware numbers
Hide software numbers
Hide live numbers
Hide xbox division loses
Hide exclusive sales numbers

And they have reason why re they doing it.
At this point they even hide Gamepass subs and platform splits, the last update was more than 1 year ago.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Before we dump on this guy's numbers it's important to note that it's quite possible for xbox to have a higher ratio of gold subscriptions because xbox attracts more bro shooter multiplayer types, due to a severe lack of high quality single player content. That said I'd think a good number of those were already converted over to gamepass, so I highly doubt the gold numbers are above 40m, quite possibly below 30m by now.
You fell for this guy spin.

It literary cost just $1 to convert Gold to Gamepass Ultimate and you think there are 30m people paying for Gold? F2P also used to be behind Gold in the past, that's not the case anymore. There is a reason why MS has hidden the Gold subscription numbers for so long, they are ugly numbers.

There are less than 20m Series consoles sold and I bet the majority of Xbox Ones are not active anymore.

How much of a failure would Gamepass be if after all this massive push for Gamepass more people were paying for Gold than for Gamepass?

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
You fell for this guy spin.

It literary cost just $1 to convert Gold to Gamepass Ultimate and you think there are 30m people paying for Gold? F2P also used to be behind Gold in the past, that's not the case anymore. There is a reason why MS has hidden the Gold subscription numbers for so long, they are ugly numbers.

There are less than 20m Series consoles sold and I bet the majority of Xbox Ones are not active anymore.

How much of a failure would Gamepass be if after all this massive push for Gamepass more people were paying for Gold than for Gamepass?
Well it'd be nice if microsoft actually released hard numbers for once. Their shareholders are literally asleep at the wheel while Microsoft burns dumpsters full of money on the failure known as xbox.

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Well it'd be nice if microsoft actually released hard numbers for once. Their shareholders are literally asleep at the wheel while Microsoft burns dumpsters full of money on the failure known as xbox.
MS is too big for their share holders to care about Xbox, hopefully them spending 80B on it will shine a light on this failed division.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I love seeing accounts that joined today with no profile picture shilling for Xbox. Gamepass is an unprofitable flop that has not released any concrete numbers for years. It was a trojan horse to tank the industry because MS couldn't sell their games, and now they're stuck having to acquire 3rd party publishers to just force it to look attractive.

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I'm just now seeing this. If those numbers are real and accurate Game Pass is a disaster of a service and Xbox literally has zero going for it. The ABK acquisition is basically a scorched earth policy. I can't believe how badly that division has failed. Just. Make. Good. Games.

Unbelievable.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I'm just now seeing this. If those numbers are real and accurate Game Pass is a disaster of a service and Xbox literally has zero going for it. The ABK acquisition is basically a scorched earth policy. I can't believe how badly that division has failed. Just. Make. Good. Games.

Unbelievable.
Game Pass was supposed to be the Hail Mary that would save XBox and put MS on top of gaming, but it’s turned into an albatross around their necks.

They’ve been hilariously unable to hit critical mass, third-party publishers are pulling their games as soon as deals run out and being upfront about the service not being worthwhile, and they’ve given away so many free trials without limitations that those who do stick with the service aren’t paying for it.

Somehow, Phil saw the hole XBox had dug in Microsoft’s bank account and thought the way out was to keep digging, and now here we are.