Gamers declare war against Sweet Baby Inc, and Elon Musk & Gabe Newell seem to be on board. Stop watering games down with hidden political agendas.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Community managers are the minimum wage workers of the gaming industry, I myself at work don't give a lot of stock to the PR person's opinions 90% of the time, the PR people take themselves too seriously and I would not put a lot of stock in community managers opinions. Although gaming and entertainment in general have a problem where the people working in them hate their customers, They will have to reckon with that at some point and the fallout will be ugly to look at

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: anonpuffs
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Community managers are the minimum wage workers of the gaming industry, I myself at work don't give a lot of stock to the PR person's opinions 90% of the time, the PR people take themselves too seriously and I would not put a lot of stock in community managers opinions. Although gaming and entertainment in general have a problem where the people working in them hate their customers, They will have to reckon with that at some point and the fallout will be ugly to look at
The bigger issue is that they're being hired by the studios that make the games

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
The bigger issue is that they're being hired by the studios that make the games
Honestly I won't worry too much about it, you can see this in the comics and movie industry. Most people will just quietly stop playing and buying games like most people stopped going to the movie theatres. The biggest hubris of all time is thinking your customers are sheep. You can't go about espousing the hot SJW topic of the day and dunking on your customers and expect them to buy your shit. These people are too confident that they will find the mythical "modern audience" that lives and breathes social justice.

If marvel movies can flop so can the god of wars and the spider man's, you just have to be patient and not buy them, this is why they went so mad about the steam curator list because 2-3 years down the line landing up on that list will be a death knell for a game.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Honestly I won't worry too much about it, you can see this in the comics and movie industry. Most people will just quietly stop playing and buying games like most people stopped going to the movie theatres. The biggest hubris of all time is thinking your customers are sheep. You can't go about espousing the hot SJW topic of the day and dunking on your customers and expect them to buy your shit. These people are too confident that they will find the mythical "modern audience" that lives and breathes social justice.

If marvel movies can flop so can the god of wars and the spider man's, you just have to be patient and not buy them, this is why they went so mad about the steam curator list because 2-3 years down the line landing up on that list will be a death knell for a game.

This one was hating on days gone lol

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom

& Now a playstation narrative director chiming in because god forbid a light is shone on these people's tweets