Gamers declare war against Sweet Baby Inc, and Elon Musk & Gabe Newell seem to be on board. Stop watering games down with hidden political agendas.

26 Nov 2023
misleading btw, the person who asked the question wasn't a shareholder, it was some twitter dude who styles themselves as a journalist and seems to just go to square enix shareholder meetings for fun. also the question was asked on twitter not during shareholder mtg lol

3000 likes, over 200k views. Shit is so fucked.

• sad
Reactions: anonpuffs

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
misleading btw, the person who asked the question wasn't a shareholder, it was some twitter dude who styles themselves as a journalist and seems to just go to square enix shareholder meetings for fun. also the question was asked on twitter not during shareholder mtg lol

Do you have any sources for your claims?

@michsuzu is the account who posted the question and has been described for years as a japanese journalist who posts questions from shareholder meetings.
For this last Square Enix shareholder meeting, he was quoted by PCGamer on a question+answer he shared about generative AI, and then again by Gamesradar on another question+answer about Indie games. On both instances he's quoted as a journalist.

You talk of this person as if he's just a twitter user who posted a loaded question himself that happened to get an answer from Square Enix president Takashi Kiryu outside the shareholder meeting.
Which doesn't even make sense... why would the president of a corporation start answering random questions from non-shareholders on a social platform.. during the hours of the shareholder meeting?

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Do you have any sources for your claims?

@michsuzu is the account who posted the question and has been described for years as a japanese journalist who posts questions from shareholder meetings.
For this last Square Enix shareholder meeting, he was quoted by PCGamer on a question+answer he shared about generative AI, and then again by Gamesradar on another question+answer about Indie games. On both instances he's quoted as a journalist.

You talk of this person as if he's just a twitter user who posted a loaded question himself that happened to get an answer from Square Enix president Takashi Kiryu outside the shareholder meeting.
Which doesn't even make sense... why would the president of a corporation start answering random questions from non-shareholders on a social platform.. during the hours of the shareholder meeting?
you can simply look up the tweets in question.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
you can simply look up the tweets in question.
I did.

The journalist started the day sharing a post with a photo hotel entrance where Square Enix hosted their annual shareholder meeting (same hotel they did last year BTW). After that, he posted general info about the meeting, like popularity ratings of the company's executive team, the music they had playing in the venue, how many people were present, the time they started the meeting, etc.

Then he posted a bunch of info about the president's own presentation like performance reports and shareholder benefits.

After that he started posting questions from the shareholders present in the meeting as well as the respective answers from the president. There's nothing in Michsuzu's X thread claiming the president started answering questions from random Twitter accounts (lol?). Anyone can go to @michsuzu's X account and look at his timeline in June 21, but I count around 10 questions made in the meeting before reaching the sweet baby inc question and of course the answer provided by the president, and then I count 5 more made afterwards.

It seems obvious to me (or anyone reading the facts) that this was a question posed in-person by a shareholder in the meeting.

What I'm more curious about here is why would you post something like "this wasn't asked by a shareholder, he isn't really a journalist and the question was asked on twitter" when none of that is true? And then your post is followed by another user that takes your word for granted, meaning your lie started to spread really fast.

So I'm asking again, were you a victim of misinformation yourself by following someone who's actively trying to downplay the fact that SBI started coming up in shareholder meetings? Did you misread something? Or did you simply decide to make this up, hoping it would stick?

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I did.

The journalist started the day sharing a post with a photo hotel entrance where Square Enix hosted their annual shareholder meeting (same hotel they did last year BTW). After that, he posted general info about the meeting, like popularity ratings of the company's executive team, the music they had playing in the venue, how many people were present, the time they started the meeting, etc.

Then he posted a bunch of info about the president's own presentation like performance reports and shareholder benefits.

After that he started posting questions from the shareholders present in the meeting as well as the respective answers from the president. There's nothing in Michsuzu's X thread claiming the president started answering questions from random Twitter accounts (lol?). Anyone can go to @michsuzu's X account and look at his timeline in June 21, but I count around 10 questions made in the meeting before reaching the sweet baby inc question and of course the answer provided by the president, and then I count 5 more made afterwards.

It seems obvious to me (or anyone reading the facts) that this was a question posed in-person by a shareholder in the meeting.

What I'm more curious about here is why would you post something like "this wasn't asked by a shareholder, he isn't really a journalist and the question was asked on twitter" when none of that is true? And then your post is followed by another user that takes your word for granted, meaning your lie started to spread really fast.

So I'm asking again, were you a victim of misinformation yourself by following someone who's actively trying to downplay the fact that SBI started coming up in shareholder meetings? Did you misread something? Or did you simply decide to make this up, hoping it would stick?
You know what, you're right. I'm not sure why I was so sure of what I posted. Looking back I should have done more than a cursory look at the twitter account; I'm also unsure of why I thought the prez responded on twitter.

*e: after thinking some more I probably had multiple windows pulled up and confused the tweet with kiryu's response as being from him

• Heart
Reactions: ToTTenTranz

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
You know what, you're right. I'm not sure why I was so sure of what I posted. Looking back I should have done more than a cursory look at the twitter account; I'm also unsure of why I thought the prez responded on twitter.

*e: after thinking some more I probably had multiple windows pulled up and confused the tweet with kiryu's response as being from him

No prob, accidents happen.

The good part about this is I ended up triple-checking all the stuff so I think we can be sure of the shareholder question being legitimate. Cheers.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

Jesus Christ, a person actually admitting when they are wrong, there is hope for Humanity. ❤️

Mixed Martial Arts Sport GIF by UFC

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ToTTenTranz

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
DAMN I thought we would get another spicy fight, Come on guys its 2024 get with the program, You 2 were supposed to insult and call each other names.

What is this acknowledging wrong information and shit that is so pre 2016

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Be honest, you threatened to ban his ass! :p
Jokes aside, it is nice to see; the amount of conversations I have had with people who refuse to see another person's viewpoint is simply staggering.

I have had dialogue on this forum with people who point-blank refuse to concede a point, and double down on their viewpoints.

From my standpoint, I think seeing @anonpuffs do this shows character, saying that, he is still a dirty slut, and that will never change.

the sandlot dust GIF

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
Jokes aside, it is nice to see; the amount of conversations I have had with people who refuse to see another person's viewpoint is simply staggering.

I have had dialogue on this forum with people who point-blank refuse to concede a point, and double down on their viewpoints.

From my standpoint, I think seeing @anonpuffs do this shows character, saying that, he is still a dirty slut, and that will never change.

the sandlot dust GIF
I get it. Pride often stands in the way of common sense. But admitting you're wrong isnt a weakness. It's a strength.

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
I just thought of something..

Videogames have always been an escape from reality. It's the core foundation of the existence of videogames.
Why try and push real world problems into our means of escapism. That's a question I never seen answered.

If I jump into a game, I want to escape the drudges of real life panic, agendas etc.

Keep real life issues where they exist. In real life.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

Videogames have always been an escape from reality. It's the core foundation of the existence of videogames.
Why try and push real world problems into our means of escapism. That's a question I never seen answered.

If I jump into a game, I want to escape the drudges of real life panic, agendas etc.

Because it's an easy way to recruit people for their ideology.

There are masses of young, impressionable people who don't know any better.

It's the same as universities with the Che Guevara professor types.

Young people see injustices all around the world and are told this is how you fix it.

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
Because it's an easy way to recruit people for their ideology.

There are masses of young, impressionable people who don't know any better.

It's the same as universities with the Che Guevara professor types.

Young people see injustices all around the world and are told this is how you fix it.
You mistyped sleazy. It's ok though... ;)

Kinda like those Chruch fanatics in the streets trying to convince people to convert to a religion. JUST FUCKING DONT!
Its a way of recruiting feeble minded people for your agenda in a place where this agenda shouldn't exist.

Man fuck that shit. I want my videogames clean and rinsed of corporate snowflake indoctrination, thank you!

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom

Yeah so annoying , like when they shoved blm (a Marxist organisation) into Spider-Man

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023

Also, it's so damn easy to convince the people who have too little that all the blame from that comes from the people who have a lot.

It's literally the oldest trick on the populism handbook and it still works like a charm.

Reactions: Sircaw