Ghost of Yotei Announced | State of Play | 2025

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Some here are already calling this a spin off, lol.

Looks like Sucker Punch is going the self contained route, which is great for turning this into a series.

This is basically FFXII instead of FFX-2.

After reading the blog, I don't think it's a spinoff anymore. I guess we’re not getting a game about the Second Mongol Invasion anytime soon.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Uh, not unless Jim is 400 years old. Jin was 1200. This is 1600.

Fuck yes!!!! Gotta look up the history of Yotei. Meanwhile, some of y'all out here really acting like y'all don't get any.

No, it's about 300 years after Jins story. That's why there's a flintlock gun

I think everyone from the first game is dead. Lol. This sequel is set 300 years later.

After reading the blog, I don't think it's a spinoff anymore. I guess we’re not getting a game about the Second Mongol Invasion anytime soon.

The last years of the Sengoku Jidai period, set in Hokkaido, interesting.

11 Jul 2024
If they made this game GoT 2, they would risk making it too similar to the first game, that's why sequels like Spiderman2 or Ragnarok while still better than their predecessors, they lose that "newness" feel to them. Let them change shit up a bit, new world to explore, new protag to introduce. You can still love the old, just give a chance to something new, that's how ya'll fell in love with Tsushima in the first place.

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
so hyped with the weapons, GoT combat always felt so smooth to me, and cinematic too, im very curious to see the new animations and all

and ofc, we will also get such a pretty game once again, i just know that every screenshot will be a potential wallpaper lmao

here are my fave frames from the announcement trailer

ghost.jpg

Last edited:

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
so hyped with the weapons, GoT combat always felt so smooth to me, and scinematic too, im very curious to see the new animations and all

and ofc, we will also get such a pretty game once again, i just know that every screenshot will be a potential wallpaper lmao

here are my fave frames from the announcement trailer

View attachment 5609

That mountain shot is godlike