Ghostwire: Tokyo on Xbox peforms ‘quantifiably worse’ than PS5 version, analysis suggests

alphachino

24 Aug 2022
Xbox fans made their bed in 2020 with all the FUD and victory laps.They themselves bought it so hard that they are still waiting for the tools that will make everything better.

If you want to laugh and see how Xbots act when they think that "they" won look at the "Xbox meme king" thread on Neogaf.
Reminds me of this classic meme during the reveals...
188.jpg

Good times!

• haha
Reactions: Shmunter

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
PS5 vs Xbox Series X can be described as follows

The PS5 is an elegant efficient design with great APIs, the Series X is a brute force design with shitty APIs and shit RAM layout.

That's it.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
ss_c360bb24b6eee9ab0b313b512530c32ebebc19b5-1280x720.jpg

Ghostwire: Tokyo performs “quantifiably worse” on Xbox platforms than the “not great to begin with” PS5 version, according to a new report.

Speaking on Digital Foundry’s DF Direct podcast, Oliver Mackenzie discussed his initial findings on the game, which will be broken down in detail in a full Digital Foundry video at a later date.

“In general, it runs worse than PlayStation 5, and Series S is a bit of a mess,” Mackenzie said, “so it’s a really weird situation and not really what you would expect from what is now a Microsoft first-party development studio.”

Mackenzie explained the situation in more detail: “The ray traced reflections are somewhat lower quality, there are shadow alignment bugs with the ray traced shadows.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
12 teraflops, and a platform which is both harder to program for and is less efficient than the competition.

Doesn't even look like a particularly demanding game.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
What an absolute disaster the XBox have been this gen. MS have zero respect for their gaming community

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
This thread made me download the game on PS+ Extra and it's actually pretty fun, and the graphics look better than they look on a stream.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Lol, that tweet is trying really hard to soften the blow for Xbox. Classic "Sony Too!" rhetoric.
Lol i know right. They're probably trying to correct the PR around the video so they can get more Xbox chip videos in the future. They were usually pretty nice on MS (especially Dictator) until these last few games have been better on PS5 and they couldn't deny it.

Reactions: AshHunter216

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
What an absolute disaster the XBox have been this gen. MS have zero respect for their gaming community
Why should we care if Microsoft is successful or not?Honestly what you sow you reap. I couldn’t care less if M$ quits console gaming. Sony, Nintendo, Steam and Epic are enough, if you ask me.

Reactions: Airbus

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
These twitter streets twisting the knifes deep.

No mod staff to save you from the clowning.

The "neutrals" hiding...

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Alex Bugaga is coping hard. Love to see how he can't understand how it's possible the Xbox version is worse.

Reactions: Ezekiel