Ghostwire: Tokyo on Xbox peforms ‘quantifiably worse’ than PS5 version, analysis suggests

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
We said it before, PS5 on next gen only games will perform much better. The fact that PS5's CPU does less work on compression and data streaming will give it a big advantage over xbox and equivalent PC CPUs.
I said that too on GAF that PS5 was more future proof and at end of the gen it should be delivering ahead what Series X can.

But the issues (that I guess) come from the GDK put Series X in a inferior situation way before that.

That doesn’t means some games won’t performance or have better resolution/effects on Series X but the number will be way lower than most expected imo.

Reactions: Killer_Sakoman

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Anybody remember this video that god denied on GAF?

Key moment is at 39 minutes.

Richard says developers were impressed and in love with PS5 SDK.
While the same developers were having issues with Xbox GDK.

I don’t think much changed from 2020 🤷‍♂️

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Alex Bugaga is coping hard. Love to see how he can't understand how it's possible the Xbox version is worse.

well, Alex, you’re the expert, you’re in the industry, if you’re too dumb (or blind) to realize this is a mix of Microsoft not giving a fuck about its first party games and directx12 being trash, I’m not going to tell you.
Expect similar results with Starfield and other big games.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Anybody remember this video that god denied on GAF?

Key moment is at 39 minutes.

Richard says developers were impressed and in love with PS5 SDK.
While the same developers were having issues with Xbox GDK.

I don’t think much changed from 2020 🤷‍♂️
This video was taken down there? Interesting

Happy Good Day GIF by BrownSugarApp

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
2 SKU strategy is big mistake. It increase workload for developers. PS5 had bigger userbase and PS5 owner usually buy more games means they are never going to prioritize Xbox.
2 SKUs could have worked, if the two machines didn’t require so much specific tuning of code to get good results, but you can always trust Microsoft to fuck up a decent idea in the most inane ways.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
And less talented and resourceful studios will absolutely botch managing all these different configurations. It demands more resources they don’t have.

Xbox wants devs to work twice to sell an 1/8th of their ps5 software sales.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters