God of War Ragnarök | New Trailer - State of Play | PS4, PS5

14 Jul 2022
United Kingdom
Have you killed those valkyries yet in the first one, if not

you shall not pass the lord of the rings GIF
No I bailed because when I'm playing a game and it feels more like a chore than fun, that's the time to switch off the game.🥳

lord of the rings GIF

• haha
Reactions: Sircaw

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
No I bailed because when I'm playing a game and it feels more like a chore than fun, that's the time to switch off the game.🥳

lord of the rings GIF
I started playing the 2018 God of War recently and I've got to say why would anybody praise the combat in this game? It's so basic and it feels so scripted every time you do something. I don't get it.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
I started playing the 2018 God of War recently and I've got to say why would anybody praise the combat in this game? It's so basic and it feels so scripted every time you do something. I don't get it.
Really? I thought there were many layers to the combat. Most importantly it feels crunchy and connected.

Gfx wise, too much ps4 not enough ps5. It helps the ps4 game still looks better then most newer games.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Seriously that trailer was perfect. Makes up for the no show of the supposed Metroid Prime remake, and Wind Waker/Twilight Princess Ports insiders were talking about. Also if RE4 Remake skips TGS the next few days I will be cool with that since Goldeneye007 might release soon

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Really? I thought there were many layers to the combat. Most importantly it feels crunchy and connected.

Gfx wise, too much ps4 not enough ps5. It helps the ps4 game still looks better then most newer games.
It's incredibly repetitive, it was cool at first but within about an hour I was just shocked at how limited it is.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
The trailer was great! They got a lot of new biomes in the game (i.e. water, jungle, etc..).

As far advances in rendering, I see none. The game's lighting system looks the same (which still uses GI light probes). PBR shaders are the same but there's really nothing there to be improved. I would have hoped for some RT but that doesn't seem to be in. Textures look great but they looked good in the GoW PC version too. A lot of the cutscene footage obviously will look better than the gameplay so can't really compare cutscene vs. gameplay.

Overall though, I love the game and can't wait to play it!
Well that's blatantly untrue. You can even see the lighting upgrades throughout development, let alone compared to 2018

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
You played an hour? 🤭
I played several hours, hell the game didn't even start for an hour. The whole gameplay loop including combat is built like a set piece, there's a great lack of depth and a ton of repetition.

If it gets better by all means explain how, because so far it's going to be like explaining for someone to hold out on a book that fumbles out of the gate.

• haha
Reactions: Satoru

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
I played several hours, hell the game didn't even start for an hour. The whole gameplay loop including combat is built like a set piece, there's a great lack of depth and a ton of repetition.

If it gets better by all means explain how, because so far it's going to be like explaining for someone to hold out on a book that fumbles out of the gate.
Bro like I'm gonna waste time trying to convince the biggest MS shill I ever met

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I guess people thought Santa Monica Studios was just pulling our leg the whole time and there was no games after 5 years

ParaSeoul

24 Jun 2022
They really were giving us worse looking trailers before only to show the final one looking way better than the first game.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
It's incredibly repetitive, it was cool at first but within about an hour I was just shocked at how limited it is.
I found it to be extremely addictive. One of those games you yearn to jump back into for next session.