God of War Ragnarök | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I just went back to death stranding after upgrading to the director’s cut. I feel like there’s pacing differences early on and has changed how I feel about the game sorta. Been playing it an hour a day leading into GoW.

Gotta be honest. I was super disappointed by this game when it came out. I straight up want more Metal Gear and I still don’t think it’s as good as MGSV. BUT… as a post apocalyptic postal service game… it’s kinda chill. I always enjoy Kojima’s stories a shit ton so it’s kinda just acting like a tv series to me. I welcome the break from all my split second, moment to moment shooter and fighter preferences.

Extra is of tremendous value right now. Just 40$ on top of plus. In this last month alone that gets you Nioh 2 on Basic and Dragon Quest 11 on Extra . Those are two awesome additions I’d say.

I’m totally in the position where I will only buy Destiny expansions and one or two single player games a year. And I’be stil yet to dive into Elden Ring or finish CP2077 (stopped playing because of Ps4 trophies no carrying over — still annoyed). Extra will fill in the gaps nicely if it keeps going this way.
i must admit Death stranding does not look like a game i will enjoy at all, not sure but when it came out i watched a few streams of it and though, its not my cup of tea, but like all things in life i promised myself i would give it a good go in the future, so of my friends like it, some hate it, it will nice too see how it pans out.

D

Deleted member 13

i must admit Death stranding does not look like a game i will enjoy at all, not sure but when it came out i watched a few streams of it and though, its not my cup of tea, but like all things in life i promised myself i would give it a good go in the future, so of my friends like it, some hate it, it will nice too see how it pans out.
Same here bud. I bought it but it's way too boring for me. I was also expecting a MGS-like game and it's way short of that. I'd rather continue playing MGS5 and finish it then to give DS another go. Maybe in a few years.

Reactions: Sircaw

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Only real action I’ve seen so far in DS (I’m the fragile chapter early on) is just lobbing hematic grenades at BTs. Then after passing that encounter I’ll have tripped on a rock and damaged my cargo, causing me to reload the save.

I mean it’s really annoying sometimes. I would’ve preferred an action game but this is an interesting spin on open world.

Ubisoft open world games are just go chase the question mark… get useless shit, go to next question mark, repeat that gameplay slog for 200 hours. That’s garbage.

The traversal in DS being the biggest player challenge kinda gives purpose to the open world design.

It’s okay. Then there’s the social aspect that shows its teeth the more you dive in. There’s a lot of interesting ideas but also too much of the MGSV’s micro management base building resource manager stuff. Worst part of that game. DS is like that with the action stripped out. Menus the game.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
It should be in red, Blood red
~Well, lucky for me i have a large back log, check this list of games out that i have not played yet to give you some example of whats still to come.

Ghost of Tshumia
The last of us remake
Horizon Zero dawn 2
Returnal
Spiderman
Sekiro
Elden Ring
Rachet and clank
Resident evil village
Hades
Stray

And there are probably another half a dozen little gems as well to play.

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: Bryank75

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Best thing about Death Stranding is the sense of loneliness while feeling connected to others at the same time. I spent more time delivering people's lost items than actually completing the game. I loved helping others with their deliveries, or by building bridges and zip lines... That's what makes the game for me. And the story, of course.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
~Well, lucky for me i have a large back log, check this list of games out that i have not played yet to give you some example of whats still to come.

Ghost of Tshumia
The last of us remake
Horizon Zero dawn 2
Returnal
Spiderman
Sekiro
Elden Ring
Rachet and clank
Resident evil village
Hades
Stray

And there are probably another half a dozen little gems as well to play.

That’s too much already …

Reactions: Bryank75 and Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Angry fish, bryank must have forgot his fish food.. 😍 😂
it's worse than that i am afraid, all i can say is thanks to @Bryank75 i will be playing the new god of war.

Weird Fish Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I put it down after a few hours, it wasn't for me.

P

peter42O

But that is not precise. Pc port can be broken or console. Fps can influence the score, more bug glitches on one problem but not many on other and so on, PS5 has DualSense, it could help boost score, loading times and etc..

Perhaps but this is also very rare. Unless it's something serious or major, it's not going to affect the score much if at all especially if the game itself at it's core is excellent and everything in the game makes up for those issues. A game like Elden Ring which had bad frame rates, bad pacing, was unplayable on PC, etc. but yet still reviewed extremely high because of what the game accomplished. If it was an AC Unity where the game is just bad and all the issues make it worse, then it's a different story but again, this rarely happens.

Technical issues unless they're really bad and consistent throughout the game are usually overlooked if what the game is looking to do accomplishes that and excels. Most of all though, it simply comes down to the reviewer itself and what they prefer. For example, im not a souls guy or a From Software guy so an Elden Ring would be like a 6 or a 7 for me but to those souls fans, it's an easy 9+.

If a game on one platform has say 8 reviews and all of them are 9+, that game will have a very high score but if you look at the other platform that has 80+ reviews with scores all over the board, that's obviously going to be lower but that doesn't mean the game on the platform with 8 reviews is better, it's that the vast majority played and reviewed the game on the other platform and due to it having ten times the amount of reviews, it will obviously score lower.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Also, graphically... The style is obviously the same, but everything is improved. I'm playing in performance mode. Looks really really good. Special emphasis for Kratos' beard hahahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.