God of War Ragnarök the fastest-selling first party launch game in PlayStation history!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
i hope GoW will reach 10M in first month

It may with organic sales + bundles. Sony had something absurd like 6M+ consoles for the later part of the year, plus whatever they're producing... It may very well reach and even surpass 10M.

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I want something to happen that makes Kratos go back to his iconic, no giving a fuck, berserk self. They better never kill him off as he's too iconic and they can just make an Atreus spinoff if need be.

These games will sell forever.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I want something to happen that makes Kratos go back to his iconic, no giving a fuck, berserk self. They better never kill him off as he's too iconic and they can just make an Atreus spinoff if need be.

I honestly hope that doesn’t happen and its why i hope they just end his arc with this game. It would make everything they did in these last two games meaningless.

If people want a raging gow just make a new character and story, don’t kill the progression they made with kratos

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I honestly hope that doesn’t happen and its why i hope they just end his arc with this game. It would make everything they did in these last two games meaningless.

If people want a raging gow just make a new character and story, don’t kill the progression they made with kratos
Nonsense, kill Fraye - Kratos go mental. Kill Atreus - Kratos go mental.
Give me God of War, not this American softflake.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Nonsense, kill Fraye - Kratos go mental. Kill Atreus - Kratos go mental.
Give me God of War, not this American softflake.

People growing is not being a snowflake. Seems like you're being the snowflake by not accepting growth and storytelling.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022

Nonsense, his character's "progression" is the weakest part of the new game.

I want spartan Kratos.
People growing is not being a snowflake. Seems like you're being the snowflake by not accepting growth and storytelling.
At the moment Kratos is an incoherent half spartan half bloody pat patrol character (who is just there to help). He has some sensible lines about self control and not getting involved in complex situations that you don't fully understand, but otherwise he just seems like he is willing to go along in any direction that other characters want to go for any reason.

I think they overexpose with the buddy system.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
This is not the last of us. People lost the plot what God of War is.
I like character developments.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

To each its own. No one else would personify God of War for me other than Kratos. Atreus for me would not fit the bill. Kratos is a God therefore can live in perpetuity the same way Odin and others have through the passing of time. Give me raging GOW, not this version. I don't want this pussy shit, let's just get crazy and kill without remorse, thts the GOW I know.

Just seen I never posted this earlier.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

Well actually there is a way for that to happen, since there was some time travelling stuff where Kratos went back in time to stop Zeus killing him...then there would be two Kratos in the same timeline.... one was assaulting olympus but we dont know what the other was doing.

Maybe there is an answer already to that but it might be a fun way to have Kratos with an alternate story and personality progression.

• they're_right_you_know

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
To each its own. No one else would personify God of War for me other than Kratos. Atreus for me would not fit the bill. Kratos is a God therefore can live in perpetuity the same way Odin and others have through the passing of time. Give me raging GOW, not this version. I don't want this pussy shit, let's just get crazy and kill without remorse, thts the GOW I know.

Just seen I never posted this earlier.
No problem with Atreus spin off, just don't call it God of War, it isn't, Atreus never ever fill those boots, no one can. Kratos is just too iconic.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
No problem with Atreus spin off, just don't call it God of War, it isn't, Atreus never ever fill those boots, no one can. Kratos is just too iconic.
How about if they call the Atreus spinoff God of Furries? xDD

I think that it would be good to keep the soft, light, soy version and all their non-heteronormative 'beauty', 'diversity', not too violent, etc on an Atreus spin-off.

And then to make proper sequels with angry Kratos from the old games, with brutal violence and maybe even bringing back nudity or sex. I mean, to make Kratos angry again -probably killing someone important to him as happened before, that made him angry- or to put some extra violence or some nudity or sex has nothing to do with allowing characters to grow or having a good narrative.

At the end, God of War is an action game, or an action adventure. And if the main character is going to be brutally killing a ton of people or monsters it's a better fit to give him reasons to do it and justify why he does it. I think it also fits why they did it in GoWR ('for justice, not for revenge'), but fits better that he goes crazy because the bad guys caused the death of someone very important to him (in this case tricked him to kill his family) which is basically what happened in the previous ones.

They can have two different flavours, they can even branch them in two different series of games: a softer one with Atreus following more the path of GoWR and a hardcore one with Kratos going back to the roots of the series and what made it iconic. By doing that everyone would have a game of their choice. But I think they won't do it because the Atreus version would tank in sales while most people would buy the angry Kratos one. And they want great sales but also the diversity stuff so I think they won't branch out.

I think they may do the Atreus focused spinoff but after that I think they should do a Kratos focused main entry, possibly chronologically set between the Nordic games and the Greek games (like a trip to Egypt to protect some friend from some evil gods or something like that).

Last edited:

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Give me raging GOW, not this version. I don't want this pussy shit, let's just get crazy and kill without remorse, thts the GOW I know.
I think that it would be good to keep the soft, light, soy version and all their non-heteronormative 'beauty', 'diversity' etc on an Atreus spin-off.

Found the real snowflakes. Just dropping this here for you that feel so attacked by a character actually evolving,

Trigger GIF by MOODMAN

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
How about if they call the Atreus spinoff God of Furries? xDD

I think that it would be good to keep the soft, light, soy version and all their non-heteronormative 'beauty', 'diversity' etc on an Atreus spin-off.

And then to make proper sequels with angry Kratos from the old games, with brutal violence and maybe even bringing back nudity or sex. I mean, to make Kratos angry again or to put some extra violence or some nudity or sex has nothing to do with allowing characters to grow or having a good narrative.

They can have two different flavours, they can even branch them in two different series of games. By doing that everyone would have a game of their choice. But I think they won't do it because the Atreus version would tank in sales while most people would buy the angry Kratos one. And they want great sales but also the diversity stuff so I think they won't branch out.

I think they may do the Atreus focused spinoff but after that a Kratos focused main entry possibly chronologically set between the Nordic games and the Greek games.
i would take Fraye spin off in heartbeat. such a lovely character, Kratos taste :)

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Found the real snowflakes. Just dropping this here for you that feel so attacked by a character actually evolving,

Trigger GIF by MOODMAN
You may take this that serious which shows the snowflake in you. I just like what he was before. Go play cooking mama or some other shit if you want tht lol. We don't all have to think like a condescending.... Or like you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.