God of War Ragnarök the fastest-selling first party launch game in PlayStation history!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
There is this theory that Athena is assembling her own pantheon in the background or manipulating Kratos to some degree, some YT videos on it...
I watched now a couple of videos because I didn't know what did you mean. And I think that no, she was shown in GoW2018 to highlight that he feels guilty of what happened with her/in Greece and explain why he tried to change and hided the blades.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I watched now a couple of videos because I didn't know what did you mean. And I think that no, she was shown in GoW2018 to highlight that he feels guilty of what happened with her/in Greece and explain why he tried to change and hided the blades.

Ah, so you think she was just a memory and not an actual appearance of the real character? That also makes sense.

Especially when he walks through her.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Ah, so you think she was just a memory and not an actual appearance of the real character? That also makes sense.

Especially when he walks through her.
Yes, Kratos wanted to keep his past behind and buried the blades trying to move on trying to scape of what he felt guilty and specially with Athena, which mentally self-tortured him a bit. So a few times Athena 'appears' to reflect that he feels guilty, but the last one is when he gets the blades.

In that moment Kratos accepts that he is who he is, decides to ignore that guilt and the 'mental chains' that kept him running away of his past and his own dark side and embrace it instead for the fight he'll fight next.

So he walks though her ignoring her and she dissapears, and as I remember she doesn't appear again to 'torture him'/make him feel guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.