God of War Ragnarok with Neutral reviews on Steam because the game can't run on PCs with less than 6 GB of VRAM (Update: Also because of forced PSN)

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
As if you have to deal with Sony customer service when you buy a game on Steam 🙄

I'm sure this doesn't even cross your mind when you buy a game from a random publisher in a foreign country or a defunct company that doesn't even exist anymore with zero support. There's always an excuse for big bad Sony. You guys are an embarrassment to the human species.
If Sony follows through with their own launcher he would.

But you can't be serious and act like a game shouldn't be able to be refunded if you downloaded and played it (literally in their refund policy)

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
One of the last posts, yes. Site has a problem with google translate because posts are loading on the fly like on Twitter
so I don't know what this site is but it looks like a forum, and the user in said forum has no idea how Steam works (admitted themselves) and they think that just because the review is still able to be seen that it must affect the overall score still, but I can try to find confirmation from Steam Support about the ordeal if you would like.

64bitmodels

29 Sep 2022
Also, the users that are to leave for PC are the ones that have PS as secondary platform just to play the handful of exclusives they are interested in as cheap as possible. That is not a highly valuable customer to Sony so their LTV should be much lower, just do a quick math say they like at most 10 exclusives. They are all single player games, so no PS Plus. If they get that console late in the lifecycle, those games hit rock bottom prices. Lets say best case scenario, all purchases are made via PSN on sale. An average of 200 USD spent in games. I am saying best case scenario because the user can also go to the used physical market, where Sony gets no revenue at all.
i think this needs to be heard more. exclusive games are not gonna guarantee a pc gamer will even give sony money.

they will buy used or borrow from a friend. if the console is old and has been jailbroken, they wont even buy a sale or used copy as hy could just jailbreak/homebrew the console and get the games for free.

that type of "console gamer" wouldnt give revenue to the company or expand their wealth, they would hardly benefit the platform if not detriment it. and id bet in third world countries there are a lot of people doing that already even without a pc.

My hypothesis is that sony realized this a while ago and figured they would make more money and benefit the ecosystem more if they just brought the games to pc instead of trying to make them come over to playstation.

if they are already apprehensive about a launcher and a login, what makes anyone here think they will buy a brand new ps5 pro, a 70 dollar game, and a PS plus subscription?

64bitmodels

29 Sep 2022
hey take reports seriously and are fast to respond to customers.
i concur. my deck got stolen and when i recieved it back the case was in tatters.

the steam support was quick to respond and help authorities, and even sent me a free case outside of warranty as a nice gesture. they take their shit seriously & i appreciate that.

• Shake
Reactions: Exicide

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
i concur. my deck got stolen and when i recieved it back the case was in tatters.

the steam support was quick to respond and help authorities, and even sent me a free case outside of warranty as a nice gesture. they take their shit seriously & i appreciate that.
Wow police actually responded to a report of stolen items?? What country is this, can't be the US

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Crapgamer! That's a blast from the past. Xbox is the best box he used to say. Spencer owned him when he threw a tantrum over the play anywhere initiative. Then he became a Sony fan. Guess it's deja Vu for him.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Crapgamer! That's a blast from the past. Xbox is the best box he used to say. Spencer owned him when he threw a tantrum over the play anywhere initiative. Then he became a Sony fan. Guess it's deja Vu for him.
He goes back and forth. Went hardcore Sony, then switched back to Xbox and now he's back to Sony.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
i think this needs to be heard more. exclusive games are not gonna guarantee a pc gamer will even give sony money.

they will buy used or borrow from a friend. if the console is old and has been jailbroken, they wont even buy a sale or used copy as hy could just jailbreak/homebrew the console and get the games for free.

that type of "console gamer" wouldnt give revenue to the company or expand their wealth, they would hardly benefit the platform if not detriment it. and id bet in third world countries there are a lot of people doing that already even without a pc.

My hypothesis is that sony realized this a while ago and figured they would make more money and benefit the ecosystem more if they just brought the games to pc instead of trying to make them come over to playstation.

if they are already apprehensive about a launcher and a login, what makes anyone here think they will buy a brand new ps5 pro, a 70 dollar game, and a PS plus subscription?
If you need a little pick-me-up after writing this fairytale:

GOWR already dropped out of the top 20 on Steam, it's at number 22. Estimated to have sold less than 200k since launch 😬

Yeah I'm sure these few PC people are so valuable for Sony 😬

Reactions: Diah and arvfab

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
I think much of the draw of PC is having the freedom and ability to dictate your terms.

I think PC fans see Sony as a clear and present threat to that freedom and they aren't wrong.

Sony and the PC base was always going to butt heads at the end of the day, but look at God of War even after getting review bombed, it's still reached mostly positives as the number of people complaining about PSN logins isn't enough to keep up with the people giving it positive feedback.

There have only been 4,685 reviews. That's a loud minority who are in the 30 percent negative column here and pales in comparison to even the number of people actively playing the game at any given time.

The biggest problem for Ragnarok is that it came out after Wukong and Warhammer. Sony has seemingly had bad luck with their release dates dating back to Horizon Zero Dawn and it seems to be extending to PC as well.

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I think much of the draw of PC is having the freedom and ability to dictate your terms.

I think PC fans see Sony as a clear and present threat to that freedom and they aren't wrong.

Sony and the PC base was always going to butt heads at the end of the day, but look at God of War even after getting review bombed, it's still reached mostly positives as the number of people complaining about PSN logins isn't enough to keep up with the people giving it positive feedback.

There have only been 4,685 reviews. That's a loud minority who are in the 30 percent negative column here and pales in comparison to even the number of people actively playing the game at any given time.

The biggest problem for Ragnarok is that it came out after Wukong and Warhammer. Sony has seemingly had bad luck with their release dates dating back to Horizon Zero Dawn and it seems to be extending to PC as well.
Wukong came out over a month ago and Warhammer 3 weeks ago. It's never going to happen that nothing comes out for a whole month prior and after. When did you ever see that? In the 80s? GOW is a bigger gaming IP than both anyway. Bigger than indie Frostpunk too.

The release date between Palword and Helldivers was shorter and they both broke records.

I've read so many excuses the last few days, it's getting more ridiculous each time.

It flopped. Accept it.

Out of the top 50 by next week.

Reactions: Diah

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Wukong came out over a month ago and Warhammer 3 weeks ago. It's never going to happen that nothing comes out for a whole month prior and after. When did you ever see that? In the 80s? GOW is a bigger gaming IP than both anyway. Bigger than indie Frostpunk too.

The release date between Palword and Helldivers was shorter and they both broke records.

I've read so many excuses the last few days, it's getting more ridiculous each time.

It flopped. Accept it.

Out of the top 50 by next week.
GoWR had to do at least couple of millions.

But these people talk the talk but not walk the walk.

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
Woohoo. Only certain games out of 1000 other titles. 🤣
If it's not a Soulslike, MMO, strategy & Buliding simulation, MP indie, CDRP title, and Bethesda title, PC users don't buy them. Everything else flops on PC aside mentioned:

FF, Persona, JRPG in common, Resident Evil, Action Adventures, Platformer, Car Racing. None of these is strong on PC. Steam is just another camp for Xbox.

On the troll ignore list you go! Talk about being oblivious..... Holy shit. This is next level.

I can destroy your arguments with the snap of a finger but seeing your post history, I know you have a hate towards PC and a truckload of self created confirmation bias. So im not even gonna bother.

TL;DR.......... YOU'RE WRONG!

*Soaks in PCMR bathwater actually enjoying the extensive games catalogue with 30+ years of backwards compatability, 60FPs, 4K non sub HD visuals*