Granblu Fantasy Relink Review Thread & |OT| "A Grand New Adventure In The Skies Await" |UP| 85,000+ player peak on Steam.

What do you think it will score?

• Total voters

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1706355323033.png

Granblue Fantasy: Relinkhttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Granblue_Fantasy:_Relink#cite_note-2 is an upcoming action role-playing game by Cygames as part of the Granblue Fantasy franchise. The game is scheduled to release for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Windows on February 1, 2024.

Granblue Fantasy: Relink
Developer(s)Cygames[a]
Publisher(s)
Director(s)
  • Tetsuya Fukuhara
  • Yasuyuki Kaji
Producer(s)Koichi Haruta
Artist(s)Hideo Minaba
Composer(s)
SeriesGranblue Fantasy
Platform(s)
ReleaseFebruary 1, 2024
Genre(s)Action role-playing
Mode(s)Single-player, multiplayer

1706355636385.png

Trailers:

Previews:

Reviews:

1706832178497.png

1706721107544.png

Eurogamer
3 / 5
TheSixthAxis
8 / 10
IGN Italy
7.5 / 10
IGN Spain
9 / 10
God is a Geek
9 / 10
VideoGamer
6 / 10
GamingTrend
85 / 100
ZTGD
9 / 10

Hirun Cryer
Eurogamer

Top Critic
3 / 5

Jan 31, 2024
A truly excellent combat system and neat character-centric episodes complement a compelling tale, but weak side activities and some turgid grinding hold it back.
Read full review

Dominic Leighton
Dominic Leighton
TheSixthAxis

Top Critic
8 / 10
Jan 31, 2024
Granblue Fantasy: Relink is a fantastic anime adventure, and one that will delight fans of the series.
Read full review

IGN Italy
Alessandro Digioia
IGN Italy

Top Critic
7.5 / 10.0
Jan 31, 2024
Granblue Fantasy: Relink is a much less ambitious game than it seems, but its simplicity shouldn't necessarily be considered as a flaw. Cygames' latest work is fun and well polished, and it has an exciting combat system, great art and music. Unfortunately, the story falls short, and after reaching the endgame it devolves in a repetitive cycle of 80 or so hours of mindless fighting, without any real challenge or new ideas to keep things fresh.
Review in Italian | Read full review

IGN Spain
Alejandro Morillas
IGN Spain
Top Critic
9 / 10.0
Jan 31, 2024
Excellent on a technical level, courageous in its approach and exemplary in terms of gameplay, Granblue Fantasy: Relink becomes a fantastic benchmark of the genre on its own merits.
Review in Spanish | Read full review

Chris White
Chris White
God is a Geek

Top Critic
9 / 10.0
Jan 31, 2024
Granblue Fantasy: Relink is not only a gorgeous game, the combat is satisfying with plenty of experimentation when it comes to your party.
Read full review

VideoGamer
Jack Webb
VideoGamer

Top Critic
6 / 10
Jan 31, 2024
Despite the myriad troubles, Granblue Fantasy: Relink has turned out to be rather excellent. But with several lackluster aspects, there is a real sense of disappointment that Relink could have been so much better.
Read full review

GamingTrend
David Flynn
GamingTrend

Top Critic
85 / 100
Jan 31, 2024
Granblue Fantasy: Relink is yet another bold leap for the franchise and it lands gracefully. The combat is a ton of fun with a massive and unique roster of characters. The game could have introduced characters much better and given them more quiet moments, but the story is nice to watch play out, and it all leads into a massive post-game that will keep you playing for a long time.
Read full review

PlayStation Universe
Garri Bagdasarov
PlayStation Universe

Top Critic
9.5 / 10.0

Jan 31, 2024
Granblue Fantasy Relink is an exceptional action-RPG with a strong license that can flourish in many genres. With excellent combat and cinematography, Granblue Fantasy Relink provides strong character development and epic encounters throughout its 20-hour campaign and many more hours after that.
Read full review

The Games Machine
Danilo Dellafrana
The Games Machine

Top Critic
7.5 / 10.0

Jan 31, 2024
Granblue Fantasy: Relink is a diamond in the rough, with a limited number of colossal opponents and a lot of choices and concessions that contribute to a less rewarding challenge and long-term interest. If you are a fan of (or even just interested in) the universe created by Cygames, however, it is likely that the rich and charismatic cast of playable characters may make you turn a blind eye. Definitely a game made for fans.
Review in Italian | Read full review

ZTGD
Jae Lee
ZTGD

Top Critic
9 / 10.0

Jan 31, 2024
Quote not yet available
Read full review

Attachments

• 1706355056492.png
    1706355056492.png
    132.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 1706721035379.png
    1706721035379.png
    63.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
With only a few days left for release this anticipated RPG is almost upon us. What do you think it will score?

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I’m intrigued. Endgame shades of monster hunter and destiny in an action jrpg sounds awesome.

I thought Namco and Tales would do it but I guess this is kinda the same exact thing…. Heh.

It’ll score in the low 80s if they’re just pumping reviews out after beating campaign.

Now if the game’s is generally loved by players … that’ll be something to see. Looks like it’s doing things right tbh.. or at least actually making the right kind of modern game. We shall see

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I’m intrigued. Endgame shades of monster hunter and destiny in an action jrpg sounds awesome.

I thought Namco and Tales would do it but I guess this is kinda the same exact thing…. Heh.

It’ll score in the low 80s if they’re just pumping reviews out after beating campaign.

Now if the game’s is generally loved by players … that’ll be something to see. Looks like it’s doing things right tbh.. or at least actually making the right kind of modern game. We shall see
I think solid high 89s maybe? It looks good as a matter of fact I'm going to buy it.

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
Mid 80’s so smack bang 85. The story might be contentious given it takes place well after the crew got together. The demo seems to be resonating with a lot of people though so I’m hope it lands in the mid to high 80s.

I hate that these kinda games aren’t stocked in my country so I had to end up importing it through Amazon and the import duties fucking killed me. But hey, I waited YEARS for this game, I’m not skimping now. Excited

Also, thanks for making the OT 🙏

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Mid 80’s so smack bang 85. The story might be contentious given it takes place well after the crew got together. The demo seems to be resonating with a lot of people though so I’m hope it lands in the mid to high 80s.

I hate that these kinda games aren’t stocked in my country so I had to end up importing it through Amazon and the import duties fucking killed me. But hey, I waited YEARS for this game, I’m not skimping now. Excited

Also, thanks for making the OT 🙏
You are welcome and thnks for your feedback. I look forward to this game.

• party
Reactions: GachaMadeMeBroke
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Combat is sooooo freaking good just based on the demo alone and it will only get better after tinkering with character builds.

Also the music in the launch trailer gave me goosebumps. I wonder if Nobuo Uematsu is involved in this too. Wew…2024 is already kicking ass.
I didn't try the demo but I should. Ima download it now.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Is early access live? I might jump in. Checking now. Fuck it. I’m in

Edit: downloading 😎

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Still no reviews. Waiting to update. Should be the 31st.

Last edited: