Granblu Fantasy Relink Review Thread & |OT| "A Grand New Adventure In The Skies Await" |UP| 85,000+ player peak on Steam.

What do you think it will score?

• Total voters

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I hope we get yearly expansions! The story is whatever but I enjoy the world, visuals and music. I’ll take more for sure.

I hope someone does take a jrpg the destiny route. It’s just the cost of resources needed to make a yearly 10 hour story. It’s been successful enough where more future content than first promised is expected.

The foundation is all here now and the game is still popping off and mostly thanks to its endgame and co-op.

Helldivers is not the only success story for PlayStation exclusives. Granblue has engagement that eclipses most jrpgs before it not called Monster Hunter.

Reactions: Box and Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I hope we get yearly expansions! The story is whatever but I enjoy the world, visuals and music. I’ll take more for sure.

I hope someone does take a jrpg the destiny route. It’s just the cost of resources needed to make a yearly 10 hour story. It’s been successful enough where more future content than first promised is expected.

The foundation is all here now and the game is still popping off and mostly thanks to its endgame and co-op.

Helldivers is not the only success story for PlayStation exclusives. Granblue has engagement that eclipses most jrpgs before it not called Monster Hunter.
Damn you guys are making me want to buy this right now! But FF Rebirth is coming and I know thts a time sink.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Damn you guys are making me want to buy this right now! But FF Rebirth is coming and I know thts a time sink.
game is really good. and you have plenty of characters to choose from, from fighters to shooters to healers. all have multiple skills.
story is pretty good and worlds are beautiful. some bosses are really top notch. level 6 boss was really great and some later bosses too. really enjoyed the boss fight against one which will give you access to Proud difficulty.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Playing on “hard” your first run thru campaign is the correct way to approach the game if you haven’t jumped in yet. It would’ve been part of your endgame grind in some form anyway to unlock branches of skill trees. Nor is the game hard at all first run so just do it.

You get get good mileage out of endgame as it switches protagonist for the player/narrative a bit.

Overall I appreciate the design for all of this. It’s jrpg destiny 2. Do I want to find a full story campaign in the endgame somewhere? Yeah I do. I’ll take a sequel, expansion or whatever they come up with for sure. More combat encounters is fun n all but I still want to visit more game worlds, etc… or see proper dungeons.

Got my monies worth already. It’s all been bonus since and it helps that combat just sorta gets better and more challenging the deeper you get.

A generous 4 out of 5 stars from me at this moment in time and the best jrpg I’ve played so far this gen with it’s strongest competition being arise and yakuza.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Playing on “hard” your first run thru campaign is the correct way to approach the game if you haven’t jumped in yet. It would’ve been part of your endgame grind in some form anyway to unlock branches of skill trees. Nor is the game hard at all first run so just do it.

You get get good mileage out of endgame as it switches protagonist for the player/narrative a bit.

Overall I appreciate the design for all of this. It’s jrpg destiny 2. Do I want to find a full story campaign in the endgame somewhere? Yeah I do. I’ll take a sequel, expansion or whatever they come up with for sure. More combat encounters is fun n all but I still want to visit more game worlds, etc… or see proper dungeons.

Got my monies worth already. It’s all been bonus since and it helps that combat just sorta gets better and more challenging the deeper you get.

A generous 4 out of 5 stars from me at this moment in time and the best jrpg I’ve played so far this gen with it’s strongest competition being arise and yakuza.
4/5 not bad, I'll play it eventually.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
yeah i beat the game and it was like an 8/10, felt like an 8.5 but i had to penalize it for having such a basic ass story, which I consider to be foundational to jrpgs. FF7 rebirth is by far the superior game and might be the best jrpg i've ever played and i'm only 1/3 of the way through it

Reactions: peter42O

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023

Honestly what I wished for Monster Hunter World

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
yeah i beat the game and it was like an 8/10, felt like an 8.5 but i had to penalize it for having such a basic ass story, which I consider to be foundational to jrpgs. FF7 rebirth is by far the superior game and might be the best jrpg i've ever played and i'm only 1/3 of the way through it
I agree, but I wonder if the DLC will add substance to the new characters and boss fight or if they will just be added to the quest menu without explanation.

peter42O

Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
I got Granblue the other day via GameFly and I installed it earlier today. Will start it later this month after I complete Rebirth.