Granblu Fantasy Relink Review Thread & |OT| "A Grand New Adventure In The Skies Await" |UP| 85,000+ player peak on Steam.

What do you think it will score?

• Total voters

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Is it today? I read the 31st since it only launched in early access.

Didn’t get to try it yet. Went live at midnight ET so that’s way passed my bed time. Will attempt on hardest diff. There’s 3 to choose.

Heard the campaign is anywhere from 12-20 hours only. Keep in mind they’re promising hundreds of hours in endgame…

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
read that embargo was delayed to 9PM PT whatever it means. from 7AM.
i am waiting too. i would be happy with 81-83 would this style of game.
OH OK, thnks. I'm keeping an eye on it. I'm. Very curious about scores.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Campaign is too short from what we’ve been hearing already. Reviewers will pump out bs reviews disguised as impressions the moment they finish the story. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a meta in the low 80s if not 70s.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
quick impressions…

Tales fans should feel right at home. Especially coming off of Arise.

Soundtrack is already superb. That’s where the square vibes are and for good reason considering its got composers like Nobuo Uematsu doing it

Already expecting this to be blow FF16 out of the water. It’s okay to admit it. This is Ps exclusive also.

Reactions: The Icon

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
quick impressions…

Soundtrack is already superb. That’s where the square vibes are and for good reason considering its got composers like Nobuo Uematsu doing it

Already expecting this to be blow FF16 out of the water. It’s okay to admit it. This is Ps exclusive also.
Character designs blow ff16 out of the water, but the narrative feels a little disjointed so far 5 hours in

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I def do not expect anything from the narrative. I’m expecting tropey and predictable for jrpg and it sure does seem like that.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
quick impressions…

I finished the base game for Arise a month ago. Really enjoyed it. Rated it an 8.0/10 overall.

Question though, can you turn off the damage numbers and other HUD elements or no? Thanks.

FF XVI was very disappointing as an FF game so this isn't saying much nor would it take much for this to happen.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I finished the base game for Arise a month ago. Really enjoyed it. Rated it an 8.0/10 overall.

Question though, can you turn off the damage numbers and other HUD elements or no? Thanks.

FF XVI was very disappointing as an FF game so this isn't saying much nor would it take much for this to happen.
All those damage numbers do break immersion so it'll be good if you can turn off.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I def do not expect anything from the narrative. I’m expecting tropey and predictable for jrpg and it sure does seem like that.
yea i'm def enjoying the gameplay though, and i've already found a boss that kicked my ass

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
It’s only growing on me with each play session.

the rpg build crafting is there. The music is fantastic.

Also really appreciate the no bullshit approach to side missions and launching them straight from the town. It’s instant beaming into whatever the combat encounter is thanks the ps5 load times.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Dude lol the challenge bosses are harder on normal difficulty than on hard, on hard your teammates are smart and actually know how to block, in normal they keep getting themselves killed 🤣🤣🤣

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
I’m enjoying the game so far. All I can say is the boss at the end of chapter 6….was crazy

It gave me a shadow of Colossus vibe.

Last edited: